It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What on earth is happening to children in America?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by makemap
Big list what is wrong with America
1. Bio weapon(testing on population, air drop, released in towns/cities, possible vaccines)
2. Chemical weapon(in our food, air, possible vaccines etc)
3. Genetic engineering of other beings or crop(Becoming too late).
4. Opened Borders(too late already they are here, infiltrated and more crossing over to survive chaos, possible engineered bad genes) They don't say Nazi's are half truth for no reason.
5. Fked up educational system full of roadblocks(useless courses/projects, etc) and no exercise.
6. Blame China(When corporations are taking over)
7. Soul selling/Sacrifices(a.k.a Demons)
8. Idiocracy coming soon if not WW3(Corporate or Government poisoning of water)
9. Aliens possible controlling this world, race to space age uncompleted(hidden tech from public)
10. Ignorance(bad genes, allergies, mass breeding, brainwash media control, MK Ultra, and other forms of mind control)
11. Corrupt religions

And,,,not to be left out, the number one reason ,the Board of Directors, at the top of the money making political heap (you know that All Seeing Eye thing) have decided enough is enough, and all large corporate and political policies will reflect this now and incorporate this 'interlocked' directorate, and Agenda where we are now on the down side of the growth pyramid (think about it), population reduction goals will be met, by 'allowing' environmental toxins (and enforcing and introducing such on occasion) all while making obscene sums of money from a created market.. It's like owning a cattle farm. A very succcesful one. You know you have to make business decisions.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
As a child I

1. Played outside in the summer time from late morning until dark
2. went swimming nearly every day
3. didn't have HFCS back then or artificial sweetners, and didn't eat more than what I could burn off
4. didn't sit in front of the tv all day or play video games, didn't have computers
5. did actual chores
6. didn't have ipods, tablets, or cell phones
7. didn't have mixed vaccinations and flu shots, my parents would not allow it beyond the small pox vax

I grew up in the 70's

The trouble we have today is all of the toxic crap in our food, lack of exercise, and clean water. If anyone is having a child with health issues, start with their diet, address the lack of mobility if there is any, and take away the game systems for awhile. I know of people who let their kids come home from school, plop in front of a computer and play games till supper, do homework then go to bed. This is the trouble.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by KarensHoliday

Good finding. I will tell you what on earth is happening in America.
McDonalds, Pizza hut, papa johns, dominos, KFC in every city.
Wherever you go, you are served beef and pork. Instead of saying not to eat those, companies come up with ideas of lean meat which is again beef and port itself!!
Burgers, double cheese, double steak, frozen foods, extensive usage of microwaves.
You are eating JUNK and FAT in different shapes, sizes and tastes!! Of course, your health WILL go for a toss.

I, being an Indian, have been observing here. Obesity is on a rapid rise in India too. Thanks to the corporate jobs and life, where workout has been forgotten and all the above said companies have opened their outlets and believe me, KFC is never free without a customer but most of the Subway restaurants are!!!

Eating more than you need, eating when you are not hungry, having energy drinks, having beer when thirsty are screwing up your life, burning your pockets and making those guys rich!!!
Please switch back to the ways of your granny's cooking and her menu and see the difference. Spend 1 hour in kitchen to cook something and eat healthy instead of just taking those nuggets out and putting in oven. Eat rice, wheat as your main course, eat LOTS of fruits and vegetables than processed and canned foods and go for a walk every evening for 30 mins. You WILL get back your health!!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassp83
In my humble, non-researched, matter-of-fact, not-thought-out opinion:

-1 in 3 is overweight (both parents working & there are more 'poor', which makes sense because non-nutritious, high-fat food is typically less expensive and more convenient)
-1 in 6 has learning disabilities (over diagnosed. Some kids are just 'not that smart')
-1 in 9 has asthma (overweight....)
-1 in 10 has ADHD (over diagnosed)
-1 in 12 has food allergies ( not a clue. I just think people are more dramatic about it, so that's why we hear about it more. Before, if you gave your kid a tomato and he/she broke out into a rash, you just didn't give them a tomato again. Now it must be tested and documented)
-1 in 20 has seizures
-1 in 54 males has autism (I do not believe that almost 20% of male children have autism...over-diagnosed)
-1 in 88 has autism (again, over-diagnosed)

I think much of our medical problems can be fixed by eating whole, organic foods.

edit on 6-12-2012 by cassp83 because: deleted

Asthma has nothing to do with being overweight! Skinny kids can be asthmatic too.

Autism has been linked to an inflammation of the bowel (believe it or not!). (BTW, check your math! 1 in 54 is NOT 20%, it's 1.9%).

After all the news surrounding Gulf War Syndrome after soldiers were give a veritable cocktail of vaccines, why people find it so hard to believe that our kids might possibly react to the NUMEROUS vaccines they receive in their formative years.

Here in Australia, for example, in the 1980s, the average kid received 9 vaccines in their first ten years. Today, that number is 31, with around TWENTY of those being delivered in their first TWELVE MONTHS! (source: www.medicareaustralia.gov.au...)

We have a simple rule when it comes to vaccines for our kids - if it wasn't around 50 years ago, we don't need it now.

I don't believe that autism is over-diagnosed - especially when you consider the autism rate in the 1980s was 1 in 10000. I simply cannot believe we could get it wrong by a factor of 200! Something we are doing that's new is DEFINITELY doing some damage.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The biggest problem = the parents. Because of our 2 small children, we have made several changes in our lives to raise them to be healthy, upstanding citizens. Before we adopted them, I had a great career that I chose to quit so that I could be home. I made more money than my husband but I'm now a 'stay at home mother' and thats fine with me. We can't afford all the material things that we 'want' but its a small price to pay. I cook dinner 6-7 times a week, I grow a garden and yes, I spend alot of my summer canning. I make everything from plum jam to homeade salsa. As a matter of fact, this Christmas we are giving out jars of homeade pear butter because we can't exactly afford to buy expensive gifts for our friends and family. We purchase young calves and swine locally, feed and have them butchered. I know where most of the food in my house came from. I fully believe in herbs and make collidial silver for our personal use. My children are healthy, happy, normal weight kids. They are not 'spoiled' in the sense that they get everything (or even 1/4) of what they ask for. Their tv is strickly monitored and they spend more time outside playing.
I don't know anyone else than cans food, very few people that even grow a garden. Most of my friends children watch tv constantly, have toys that they don't play with, and several are even rude and disrespectful. When they come over they don't want to play outside and they turn their nose up to the food I cook (appearntly, not many children want to eat grilled steak, fresh green beans or fresh tomato slices) There are seveal bullies in my son's pre-k class and just last week I read a facebook post from the mother of one, upset and ranting because her son was suspended for punching my son in the stomach. Everyone knows that my son is the smallest in the class, very passive and a perfect target for bullies. Yet, this mother was upset at the school, not her child.
I would like to add that my children are both adopted. They were both removed at birth for drug use. They both are still overcoming major health issues because of the drugs they were subject to, and its only by the grace of God that my son is here. To look at them now, one would never guess the obsticals that they have overcome, maybe my son is a little small, and well... he has more cavities at 4 than everyone I know combined (sadly that refects on me by those who don't know the truth) and maybe my daughter acts out more than others, but overall -they are healthy, happy kids.

The new 'american dream' is a rat race. Its all about who has the biggest and the best. But you can't take it with you so why work so hard, if at the end of the day, your unhappy, unhealthy and had no time to enjoy what you've worked so hard for? It just doesn't make sense to me. Praise God, my family is happy, they are all healthy and we have everything we need.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Lets not just put this on the children 63.1% of adults in the U.S. are either overweight or obese.

People will work for a nice car or house but let the most important thing there health go down the drain.

Its nothing more than stuffing your face with processed foods and spending time watching crap TV like Jersey Shore and Honey Boo Boo instead of getting any form of exercise. You skinny folks who do the same arent off the hook either skinny doesn't = fit.

Kids are now eating fast food and processed crap from the grocery store and playing Call of Duty the full 100% of there free time. Calories in, calories out its not rocket science.

I have a 16 y/o son that wants to go in the military and I have to force him to exercise. He temporarily went to his grandparents for a few months and stopped running. I used to personnel train and know how to get him where he needs to be but if he isnt with me he has zero drive to do the work outs.

The excuse is he has to have somebody else to work out with or he wont do it. I told him you cant depend on other people, motivation has to come from within. He will play video games 24/7 though if you let him.

I like computer games as well but i have time to keep myself in great shape, its all about balancing your time.

Kids are being pushed through school and taught everyone is a winner. Everyone gets a trophy even if they didn't earn it. Why work hard when you get the same acknowledgement for slacking off? This country is so PC its sickening.

Society is being dumbed down, go to college get a degree and make peanuts, act stupid and display bad behavior and make thousands on a IQ lowering reality TV show that the mouth drooling public watch. I don't know how fellow Americans watch this gutter filth.

The movie idiocracy was prophetic, its happening folks and i don't see it getting better any time soon.

edit on 6-12-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarensHoliday
-1 in 3 is overweight
-1 in 6 has learning disabilities
-1 in 9 has asthma
-1 in 10 has ADHD
-1 in 12 has food allergies
-1 in 20 has seizures
-1 in 54 males has autism
-1 in 88 has autism

Statistics taken from this video.

The video is about vaccination but I don't think vaccination alone can possibly account for all this. It could be any number of things, multiple causes. Each one of the above stats could be due to multiple different causes. Or there could be one or several overarching causes: poison in the food or water or air, say.

This doesn't even take into account the social issues: gangs, crime, TV brainwashing, materialism, a culture that rewards cheating and slacking...it makes me sick to think of bringing up a child in this world. Although I want to be a mother and raise healthy, happy kids its looking like more and more of a challenge every day!

One thing is for certain: Our children are hurting bad. Think of the children!!!

Have you ever heard of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

Once you read this you will understand a great deal more. these people give Jews a very bad name.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by cassiper

I work in mental health with children... I think a lot of problems we face with our children in America are probably caused by chemicals that they encountered sometime in their life (whether in utero or after birth). I think a lot of the obesity problems are caused by additives to foods and I believe autism spectrum disorders can be linked to vaccinations in early childhood. Good thread! S&F

America is the only country that puts fluoride in everything.
America is the only country that forces everyone into radioactive scanners at the airport.
America is the only country that forces people to eat fastfood everyday because fresh produce and poultry are too expensive.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by strbrite78

Someone else gets it!

People can keep blaming the food, but it's the parents who let their kids have that food.
You can blame the lack of exercise and excessive TV watching, but it's the parents who allow it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0

Originally posted by cassiper

I work in mental health with children... I think a lot of problems we face with our children in America are probably caused by chemicals that they encountered sometime in their life (whether in utero or after birth). I think a lot of the obesity problems are caused by additives to foods and I believe autism spectrum disorders can be linked to vaccinations in early childhood. Good thread! S&F

America is the only country that puts fluoride in everything.
America is the only country that forces everyone into radioactive scanners at the airport.
America is the only country that forces people to eat fastfood everyday because fresh produce and poultry are too expensive.

Um, America's not the only country that does those things.....

People are just dumb. end of story. Unless you want to talk about parents don't care about their kids education and that's the cause of the growing idiot problem.
Because everyone I know who had parents who cared about their education, and made them work hard in school, ended up smart and successful. and they drank the tap water!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Help! ats moderators im not new! im locked out of my account and i have urgent news!! i found a very interesting youtube video concerning december 7th 2012! my real name is coreytheconspirator i did the password recovery but stupid yahoo demands the name of my favorite uncle. anyways heres the video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by cassp83
In my humble, non-researched, matter-of-fact, not-thought-out opinion:

-1 in 3 is overweight (both parents working & there are more 'poor', which makes sense because non-nutritious, high-fat food is typically less expensive and more convenient)
-1 in 6 has learning disabilities (over diagnosed. Some kids are just 'not that smart')
-1 in 9 has asthma (overweight....)
-1 in 10 has ADHD (over diagnosed)
-1 in 12 has food allergies ( not a clue. I just think people are more dramatic about it, so that's why we hear about it more. Before, if you gave your kid a tomato and he/she broke out into a rash, you just didn't give them a tomato again. Now it must be tested and documented)
-1 in 20 has seizures
-1 in 54 males has autism (I do not believe that almost 20% of male children have autism...over-diagnosed)
-1 in 88 has autism (again, over-diagnosed)

I think much of our medical problems can be fixed by eating whole, organic foods.

edit on 6-12-2012 by cassp83 because: deleted

There is something flawed in your math class.

This is less than two (2) % not 20.

OK, back to 5th grade math class I must go.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Asthma and allergies can be easily explained. Today we are over hygienic, everything is too clean. That leads to weak immune system. And some people use these disinfectant bottles too much, I see them everywhere.

Don't be too clean people!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
What happened to the kids of america? baby boomer parents, nuff said!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Its sneaky how McDonalds can sell you two burgers on a bun and condiments for a single dollar. And for 79 more cents you can get 2 slices of bacon now!

Its gotten to the point where people put their nutrition to the back of their minds for a cheap, fast way to deal with dinner.

You would spend an arm and a leg if you went to a store and bought all the ingredients to make your own double cheeseburgers.

Its just gotten to easy to sell toxic food to people. Its not illegal, so they figure why not.

I think the second largest threat to children is the public school system. I graduated in 05 and i clearly remember all four years of high school in any history classes we had we learned about WW2.

Apparently history started in the 1930s and the US were the saviors of the free world...

All the little things are turning out to have drastic consequences if left unchecked and allowed to continue.
edit on 7-12-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487

Its gotten to the point where people put their nutrition to the back of their minds for a cheap, fast way to deal with dinner.

edit on 7-12-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

And they think they are saving money till later in life they have to spend thousands on a bypass
edit on 7-12-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
My son is almost 30 and he says himself that he seems to have spent most of his life in front of a computer screen and he blames that for some of his problems.

Thing is when he was born there was no internet or mobile phones or game consoles. These have all been developed since then. In fact he has done other things besides looking at screens.

The other day though I was driving behind an car and couldn't help noticing they had a very small child strapped into a seat in the back and they had a screen playing Sponge Bob right in front of the kid, and I thought oh boy that kid is gonna be so screwed up because it will be looking at screens its entire life.

I think things can only get worse.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
how many children had a brush with death when they were newborn/very young due to a sickness/minor flaw?

many would have survived these days that would have died in the past.

as for obesity... id say its more about lack of exercise than unhealthy food - obviously both play a part, but junk food has been going in kids' mouths for a long time. Whats new these days is parents wont let their children run around and play, or explore abandoned buildings, kids wanna play videogames instead, etc etc..

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

It's definately the Industrialisation which is causing sickness in all of us... so much Pollution is going to have this effect!!

The question is what to do about it??

The Answer: Stop spewing out Poisons into the Air we breathe and the foods we eat!!

Which would mean stopping Production on a lot of stuff but as we all know.... the people in charge of all this just want us to continue on as we are.... killing ourselves off and giving our offspring a hardlife so that the cycle continues on...... and on..... and on....

I've said before that we aren't here to live like this, day after day....

And lets not forget the many Wars which have come and gone and those which are ongoing and yet to come..... many bombs have dropped and many are yet to fall which will add even more Pollution to an already over-polluted World!!

I forgot to say that Over-Population is also a cause because as we grow, we will pollute more and more.....

More cars equals more pollution!! More buildings equal less openspace!!

About the Obesity... well, thats a lot to do with fast food take-outs but also to do with children not learning how to cook a meal!! And for Adults, I think the working hours have become too much and means a lot get take-outs!

You can also add that long working days cause stress which in turn can cause depression which in turn can cause suicides!!

edit on 7-12-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

The way people refer to scientists is very similar to how people used to refer to prophets.

The prophets have some miracles to persuade people to what they believe.

But scientists have a big name that is made by MSM and movie industry.

MSM is god and scientists are prophets.

A little higher education or even a little hard work on studying one field will prove every individual that most of the scientist fields are being run by guess and experiments and theory. There is always possibility of failure because of unknown reasons.

But MSM induces like scientists have discovered the whole truth or scientists have made the truth themselves.

A little false self-confident voice + an exciting music + the true picture of existence + the lies of interpreting the existence will lead to making people believe that they know everything.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join