It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Light seen and Loud boom heard over Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
On December 3rd, 2012 a red fire ball like object decended upon Narragansett bay around 9pm est. After a few minutes a bright flash and loud boom was seen and heard as far as Somerset MA which is about 15 miles away. local officials and coast guard searched the area but found no sign of distress or an explosion.

I did not hear about this event on that day or am an eye witness, however when I arrived at work another fellow worker of mine told me of this story and said his mother had actually witnessed this event, this is the discription and story he gave me.

His mother returning from a errand exited her car and was walking to there house,( which happens to be right on the shore of the bay in the warwick area) when a ball of red fire like light was decending slowly on a steep angle towards the water in the bay, she said it changed color as well from bright red to a dull orange. As she watched this object it all of the sudden gave out a very bright flash which alluminated the area then gave a very loud boom as if there was an explosion.

ah heres some info!

A few notes on my knowlege of the rhode island bay area, there is a National Gurad base which is within a mile or so from where this happened but all that I have ever seen is C130 weather planes traveling back and forth, leaving around 10 am and returning around 4pm. This base is not very operational and things like flares or the like are never seen in the area, I have spent alot of time on the beach and water and have never seen anything like this.
edit on 5-12-2012 by TheMur because: more info

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

Sounds like a meteor to me.
Hoping nobody injured or worse.

hope this helps

kinda spooky anyhow.
edit on (12/5/1212 by loveguy because: linky

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Can they just explode after entry?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It does sound like a meteor, except perhaps the slow part; however, that might likely be due to perception from adrenalin rush. If you could get an accurate time increment from bright flash to sound, you could estimate distance.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur
reply to post by loveguy

Can they just explode after entry?

Yes...and most disintegrate. I hear certain kinds of meteorites can bring in lots of moola, due to the rarity...since most burn up or explode when entering the atmosphere.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Sounds like a typical description of a meteorite.

I'm from that area and know it well. It is a hot spot for UFO activity, I've seen the so called TR-3B up close and personal in the Seekonk, MA. area a few years ago. A lot of bases around there, lots of weird sky activity.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer77

The explosion is what is getting me, can anyone verify that it is a fact they can explode like that? I can understand after impact. Good call on the light vs sound calculation idea. Ill ask for that info tomorrow

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I heard there is some crazy stuff going on in and around Freetown state forest like unmarked black blackhawks at very low altitude etc etc, alittle ways from seekonk but really a small area if your from where we are.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I guess it's got something to do with atmospheric pressure on earth and velocity plus or minus loss of vacuum. Little pockets of voids fill with hot air expanding really quickly?

I feel better that it disintegrated.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

grabbing my scuba gear!!......thanks for the tip

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Yeah me too, imagine if that crashed into someones house..not cool.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

Dear TheMur,

It does sound like a meteorite to me. If it were some type of secret plane, it would have come from Otis Air Force Base, they had lots of nifty stuff back in the day including underground places where planes were hidden and they also had nukes, though they denied it for many years.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I heard there is some crazy stuff going on in and around Freetown state forest like unmarked black blackhawks at very low altitude etc etc, alittle ways from seekonk but really a small area if your from where we are.

I grew up In Fall River, so yeah I'm infected with Mass.hole-itus. I got lost in the Freetown state forest a couple times, strange how sense of direction is non existent in there. I did see unmarked helicopters in that area several times, and around the Somerset area too. Saw that TR-3B thing on 195 near Seekonk in 2008, and lots of triangle craft mix in with regular air traffic & fly over that area towards Newport and Warwick a lot.

posted on Feb, 27 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I heard from a friend in Providence that this is happening again. Can anyone confirm?

new topics

top topics

join