It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Magazine Reports That Western Militaries Have Begun Preparing For Direct Intervention In Syri

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

French Magazine Reports That Western Militaries Have Begun Preparing For Direct Intervention In Syria

www.businessinsider.com

The mission would only involve a relatively small amount of special forces, and a number of NATO countries — including the UK and the US — would be involved. The mission would be modelled on the Western intervention in Libya, the magazine reports.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.businessinsider.com
www.debka.com
edit on 5-12-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Without any approval by congress or the people our governments are sending our forces into another meaningless war, it seems to me and everyone else they haven't learned anything from Egypt, Tunisia nor Libya. That the fact we are going to install just another Islamic Islamist Goverment in Syria.

While we were two weeks busy focusing on the Gaza, Israel our mainstream news outlets such as the guardian, they have been claiming that the Syrian Free Army were making advances which couldn't be verified, the claims that the FSA had captured "overran" three military bases belonging to the Syrian Arab Army.

The majority of the gain claims by the FSA in Syria cant be verified at the same time that isn't stopping our mainstream news outlets from using them as actual sources without ever verifying them.

We are about to repeat Libyan conflict this time through the means covertly sizable forces of nearly 10,000 troops awaiting orders on the carriers.

Where are the Anti war protesters? this time unlike in Libya we will be assisting fighters that are using terrorist tactics and Child Soldiers.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

They were always going to go into Syria if their pet rebels couldnt get the job done,I think once the Patriot missile system is installed along the turkish- syrian border ( should be in place this week ) then operations will start to ramp up,they need Syria out of the way before Iran can be taken on

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilder

They were always going to go into Syria if their pet rebels couldnt get the job done,I think once the Patriot missile system is installed along the turkish- syrian border ( should be in place this week ) then operations will start to ramp up,they need Syria out of the way before Iran can be taken on

From what i have been hearing if they actually attack Syria, i doubt that due to the fact Russia is Syria's ally, even though the media has been desperate to claim that Russia has had it abandoned it. I wonder what will happen if America does strike in Syria to aid the Child Soldiers abusers?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
And justification in the name of human rights can come from good ol WMDs.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
fiscal cliff? Watch one hand while the other slaps some muslims.
Also convenient as this could escalate and make the fiscal cliff yesterday's news.

Personally, I've had enough of Assad killing his own people, so I would be happy to see this situation come to an end. Sure, there may be scary terrorists helping the rebels, and foreign powers are probably supporting them, but there are innocent people dying for something they believe in. It's easy to hide behind conspiracies and want to pretend it isn't a big deal, but it could just as well be you fighting to change your corrupt government.

Honestly, it's not much different than the American war for independence if you think about it.

Anyway, foreign intervention means chemical weapons might be used. The U.S. claims to be intervening because of this threat, but which came first? The chicken or the egg?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I tend to think Russia and China have drawn a line in the sand over Iran, and Syria is vital in that equation so I cant see them backing down and the US knows this,it could turn ugly very quickly if the US oversteps the mark in regards to direct involvement

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I know I'm going to regret asking, but how do you want it to play out, in your ideal world? Assad beats the rebels? The rebels beat Assad? Would you like Syria to be a fairly strict Islamic state? Do you want every country to stop supporting one side or the other?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

you're right. the "founding" fathers purposely put in the provision that war must be approved by congress to prevent exactly what is happening.

turning america into an imperialist invasion army, instead of what it is supposed to be; a safe haven from oppression and where any person on earth can could go to and be free.

and to prevent the president from turning into a version of caesar.

but they get around it by calling it anything but war. what a massive loophole going completely against the spirit of the provision.

hey, but thats what happens when the criminals run the prison and the justice department.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
Also convenient as this could escalate and make the fiscal cliff yesterday's news.

Personally, I've had enough of Assad killing his own people, so I would be happy to see this situation come to an end. Sure, there may be scary terrorists helping the rebels, and foreign powers are probably supporting them, but there are innocent people dying for something they believe in. It's easy to hide behind conspiracies and want to pretend it isn't a big deal, but it could just as well be you fighting to change your corrupt government.

Honestly, it's not much different than the American war for independence if you think about it.

Anyway, foreign intervention means chemical weapons might be used. The U.S. claims to be intervening because of this threat, but which came first? The chicken or the egg?

so I would be happy to see this situation come to an end. Sure, there may be scary terrorists helping the rebels, and foreign powers are probably supporting them, but there are innocent people dying for something they believe in.

So according to you you want see this situation come to an end. Yet at the same time you dont believe that there are a majority fighters that are coming from other Islamic Arab Countries, just a small number of e scary terrorists helping the rebels, and foreign powers are probably supporting them.

With that kind of response its not surprising why the mainstream news outlets are actually succeeding in brainwashing the public regrading Syria yet again.

but there are innocent people dying for something they believe in.

So there are innocent people dying for something they believe in? like turning your country into an Islamic state? forbidding women to drive.

Thats recently quiet a belief.

It's easy to hide behind conspiracies and want to pretend it isn't a big deal, but it could just as well be you fighting to change your corrupt government.

Look at Egypt, look at Tunisia, Libya may i ask you what you have learned from them? in all these countries they have chosen a leader that is either far worse then before or it is under the sphere of influence by America/Britain/France

Its not a conspiracy.

You cant be serious.

It has been proven time after time again that the Syrian fighters do not want freedom nor Syria to be a democratic France puppet.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Late to the party, but just in case no one has said this yet, we ARE those 'foreign' powers arming the scary terrorists! Who knows if sarin bombs are being prepared?! Hell! We believed Saddam was on the verge of nukes. Look how that turned out!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

ah yes, pull the "omg you are SOOOO brainwashed" card.
Pretty much everyone over there is muslim, and guess who they are going to turn to when their house gets bombed and all their children die... allah. Plus, they will align themselves with whatever hardline religious groups to gain their support. I don't think that necessarily means they share those beliefs, but after being bombed to hell and only having fundamentalists for support, I can see where ideals might start to shift.

I don't have a problem saying that I want the situation to end. If that means women can't drive... eh I'll live. It's better than people constantly dying.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Agent, it's nice you brought up Egypt, Tunisia and Libya.

Quick quiz, which of the countries listed above had Western military intervention? Now answer this, which of them has a Muslim Brotherhood Government?

Libya and to a lesser extent Tunisia have gone for very moderate Governments, with Libya wholly rejecting the MB. Egypt, which had no intervention, has a big problem with the MB. Bottom line is that the Islamists in Syria have better funding and access to weapons than the secular FSA and without Western support, they risk being sidelined when the dust settles.

However, I know you have rather confused and distorted views on what is going on there and no matter how much I protest, you will see all of this as the West being bad and blame us if we intervene or not. It's a win win for you and your anti-Western ranting, basically.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I just love it when I hear what's going on in my own country from another country's airing. It's kind of like hearing from your neighbor that your spouse is cheating on you. But..........good to know on any event.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Just curious, but what is going on in "your country"?
Give us some first hand info.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Agent, it's nice you brought up Egypt, Tunisia and Libya.

Quick quiz, which of the countries listed above had Western military intervention? Now answer this, which of them has a Muslim Brotherhood Government?

Libya and to a lesser extent Tunisia have gone for very moderate Governments, with Libya wholly rejecting the MB. Egypt, which had no intervention, has a big problem with the MB. Bottom line is that the Islamists in Syria have better funding and access to weapons than the secular FSA and without Western support, they risk being sidelined when the dust settles.

However, I know you have rather confused and distorted views on what is going on there and no matter how much I protest, you will see all of this as the West being bad and blame us if we intervene or not. It's a win win for you and your anti-Western ranting, basically.

Quick quiz, which of the countries listed above, Now answer this, which of them has a Muslim Brotherhood Government?

As i stated previously Tunisia has an Islamic Goverment which has connections with the Muslim Brotherhood and as for Egypt it already is been ruled by the Muslim Brotherhood.

Tunisia have gone for very moderate Governments

A moderate Government? maybe you could explain why they are still protesting the recently elected
"Islamic moderate Government"

Tunisia calls protest strike against Islamic government

Well its on google news look it up.

I know you have rather confused and distorted views on what is going on there and no matter how much I protest,

Well i know what you mean you still want me to believe that the Free Syrian Army are the Good guys, yet lets not forget that they are using Child soldiers how is that been a good guy? i am sorry my views on Still stand.

edit on 6-12-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Just curious, but what is going on in "your country"?
Give us some first hand info.

Gosh, let me check the net....can you please hold for a moment?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

ah yes, the grass is green and the sky is blue.

Forgive me as I thought you were being snarky. My apologies.(serious, not being facetious)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Google.......does anyone need help?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join