It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handyman kidnapped, forced to do home repairs, say Calif. cops

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Police arrested a California couple on Monday after they allegedly held a handyman hostage and forced him to do home repairs, CBS San Francisco reports.

It's stories like this, and pretty much any news from Florida that leads me to feel that America is descending into some sort of barbaric savage land ala Mike Judge's Idiocracy

Investigators said the 50-year-old handyman was lured to the 4,600 square foot home south of San Jose Monday morning where 36-year-old Jason DeJesus and 33-year-old Chanelle Troedson beat and threatened to kill him, forcing him to fix several items in the house over a six-hour span. The repairs included a dishwasher and a broken door

Handyman kidnapped, forced to do home repairs, say Calif. cops
edit on 5-12-2012 by dashen because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2012 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Don't tell me.. You were the handyman and the kidnapper caught you crying for help? Need me to call 911?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Don't tell me.. You were the handyman and the kidnapper caught you crying for help? Need me to call 911?

2nd

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
As a contractor I can say i've had guns pointed at me by clients. Havent veen officially kidnapped.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Where could I kidnap someone to remodel my bathroom? It is a 1970's build with that little tile on the floor and white ceramic tile on the walls of the tub area.

I am willing to feed and give beer to my handyman while I am holding them captive.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

I always have a gun and many knifes(in my tools)
When I go to people's houses, you never know what
Could happen in a moments time. Jeez, what the hell
Ever happened to "being prepared?"

I say you had it coming, sad. But the guy probably had a nail gun for the door.
Have some balls man, your in construction!!

Or maybe he was put in such a position
That he couldn't, anyhow, what a shame.

edit on 5-12-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Dang it! Why didn't I think of that?

Now that these dummies got caught the cat is out of the bag. I'll never get away with it now!

Difference is I would ply the handyman with cheesecake and hot cocoa with marshmallows to bend him to my will...Mwaaaahaaahaaa!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
As a contractor I can say i've had guns pointed at me by clients. Havent veen officially kidnapped.

Thats cool, its just when I clicked on the thread, there was nothing in the OP.. Just thought I'd make sure

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hmm I've been doing too much remodeling myself. That is a creative way to get it done

YouTube do-it-yourself videos have saved me more than once with some of my projects. Watching a couple videos and fixing your own door and dishwasher would be much easier than planning and going through a whole kidnapping thing I would think. Less exciting though I guess.

Weird people these days...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Oh i was prepared. I always carry my berretta on my person at job sites, some of which are in the woods. I walked into the home that time and was looking down the barrel of a 7mm magnum rifle as I walked in. no time for anything. the guy was a nut recently off prozac

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I suppose this falls under the stupid criminals category. Er um... The victum knows where they live. And using a gun makes it a federal offense. They will not be home anytime soon to enjoy their repairs.

edit on 5-12-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Oh madness incarnate.

Not only is this supposedly normal, but you all carry guns when out on jobs. Construction.. carry a gun in the toolkit. Because there are nutters out there with guns.... in their toolkits?

And when a 4 yr old kills a 2 yr old with a gun he finds in his own home, it's still a great idea.

Even in this thread, a nut just off prozac has a legal gun.

You don't need any help with that.. im amazed and confounded...

yack, this thread is dangerous... I'm poking it away with a very long stick.

new topics

top topics

join