It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one absolute truth.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by Itisnowagain

If I should not listen to the fabrication, what should I listen to? Now that I know that everything isn't real, why should I watch?

Who said you should not listen to the fabrication? What is 'the fabrication'? What is your definition of 'the fabrication'?

edit on 10-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

The creation. The world of the human seen in human terms due to human anatomy. "ants are small".

Now that I know that ants are neither big nor small, what should I believe in this world. Now that I know everything I see is made up, how can I live the truth?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

If I should not listen to the fabrication, what should I listen to? Now that I know that everything isn't real, why should I watch?

Who said you should not listen to the fabrication? What is 'the fabrication'? What is your definition of 'the fabrication'?

The creation. The world of the human seen in human terms due to human anatomy. "ants are small".

Now that I know that ants are neither big nor small, what should I believe in this world. Now that I know everything I see is made up, how can I live the truth?

This right here is the truth. 'You' do not have to live the truth because there is no 'you' in reality.
The presence is your absence. This is happening. There is no 'you' separate to the happening.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Of course there is a you. Its you that is happening right now!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Of course there is a you. Its you that is happening right now!

There is no 'you' that exists that is separate from the happening.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

What can be seen and heard and known is the glory of god. Is this the 'fabrication' you speak of?
Or is the 'fabrication' you speak of, the translation, interpretation (basically the judgement) made by mind?
The mind (words appearing) fabricates a story out of the fabric of god.

However, realize that the 'words' are also the glory of god if they are just seen and not believed to be speaking truth.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I think I should stop trying to create the creation and just be with the creation that is already here. How could I know what's best for the world to be able to create it. I can't. I am the creation. There is a god. But I don't know it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I think I should stop trying to create the creation and just be with the creation that is already here. How could I know what's best for the world to be able to create it. I can't. I am the creation. There is a god. But I don't know it.

Look it is here. Do you need to create anything? Do you need to do anything? It is happening.
Seeing and hearing and knowing and everpresent.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Trying is seeking and effort. Awareness requires no effort.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Trying is seeking and effort. Awareness requires no effort.

But what if i like playing competitive sports. Will I become lost or delusional?
edit on 11-12-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
What about desire? Should I or should I not act on them?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Should i do this or should i do that?
Stop doing anything and see that the happening is still happening. You are not doing any of it.
Life is happening.

There is no you that can choose.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

In other words, just do what comes naturally?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Just attend to what is here.
The Natural State is Already Here.
youtu.be...

It's Not Really Happening How We Think It Is:
youtu.be...

This is a much longer interview with John Wheeler, where he points to reality in more depth:
youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

personally i think the majority of nondual neo-pop teachers are a bunch of baloney. They use specific points and koans to have one realize the Nondual state ....but most stop at Awareness.

There is a channel which Awareness vertically drops into ...leads to the heart and there One experience's the No-Self Union Enlightenment state. Amrita Nadi or Para Nadi

Many of these Neo-teachers simply point you to Awareness and stop there. Really its (Awareness prior to thought) and (Oneness/Nondual prior to Awareness).

There is various ways there, Zen, Sufi, Christian Mystic, Yoga, etc etc. There is a very popular Neo-Nondual teacher who happened onto the state, but without the insight of how it happened and basically tells students.....just keep inquiring, your almost there, this is the final end....

...years later their still inquiring.

In a sense what you say is true "From that state." However most hearing the nondual stuff from point of view of mind, can't and most wont wrap their heads around it. Even Ramana said their was the rare ripe apple, then the person who after a few months years gets it, and the third class who need a different way like devotion or something dumbed down. Most are in the third class unfortunately

edit on 13-12-2012 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I know that non dual speakers can't wake anyone up. They can only be understood after awakening has happened. However, they can point.
It happened here and i had no words for it, i did not know what had happened. When i discovered non duality i was so happy to find that what i had found was known elsewhere.
When awakening happens it can be very overwhelming because it is rarely permanent to start with, it comes and goes. It has to be intergrated.
Peter Brown tells of his awakening here and what he went through and how he had to find the formula:
youtu.be...

I was 26 when it first happened, it lasted about a year even though i had no words for it, i had no understanding, i had never even heard the words 'enlightenment' or 'awakening'. I was about 40 when i discovered 'non duality' and that was when i found the 'formula'.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I didn't see anything about a formula.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Peter Brown says in the video that he had to find the formula, he says it at about 0.45 (in the video).
edit on 13-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Yeah, but he never told us what it was.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Yeah, but he never told us what it was.

I didn't say he did. Awakening has to happen first and then it can be intergrated by finding the formula.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
rreply to post by Itisnowagain

Sorry. I misinterpreted your meaning.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join