It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one absolute truth.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by smithjustinb

Tut tut- no name calling please. We are adults here and can word our replies without stooping to such things. This is an interesting thread and I would hate to see it turn into a schoolyard game of "sticks and stones".

So why are you creating a subjective experience where my actions are resented? Isn't your reaction your choice and aren't you the only one who has to deal with it? With that said, I could care less about how you would like for this thread to play out. The fact is what is happening is happening. In an absolute sense, it is neither right nor wrong. So what's the problem and who's problem is it?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Tut tut- no name calling please. We are adults here and can word our replies without stooping to such things. This is an interesting thread and I would hate to see it turn into a schoolyard game of "sticks and stones".

So why are you creating a subjective experience where my actions are resented? Isn't your reaction your choice and aren't you the only one who has to deal with it? With that said, I could care less about how you would like for this thread to play out. The fact is what is happening is happening. In an absolute sense, it is neither right nor wrong. So what's the problem and who's problem is it?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Personal name calling is a violation of T&C. Just don't want to see what was an enjoyable thread being shut down. Trying to do you a favor. There's no need to be offensive.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

The only thing that is absolute is that we exist. Any definition beyond that is a creation of the mind.

That we exist is also a creation of the mind, voiding the rest of your statement.

Thought is illusion. The thought of something is not the same as an actual something. Say a rock. An actual rock can break windows or smash a cops head open.

The thought of a rock can't do any of those.

If its WW III, and you need to defend yourself, would you rather have an actual gun, or the thought of a gun?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
What else, what other inanimate force, can organize such a complicated system over such a vast space? It is not simple, nor easy, to run a game like that. If chaos plays as heavy a role as traditional atheists seem to believe, then that system should have collapsed billions of years ago. In fact, it should have collapsed halfway through the Roman empire or something.

And yet we continue to grow, despite the chaos. Doesn't that imply some sort of support, some sort of aid?

No aid, just laws - adapt or die (evolution), be strong or die by superior forced (evolution). Of course violent humans seem to grow and expand. (Natural) Order came from Chaos. The more physical - the more order. Just like a planets for example, there is more gravity and light from its sun/star. But in outer space, there is no up/down and there is darkness (although you can see stars in the distance)..

I think space has to exist first before something can fill that space, even people who have near death experiences and say they see the "Light" knows that there is darkness beyond it - (pre-existence).

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Personal name calling is a violation of T&C. Just don't want to see what was an enjoyable thread being shut down. Trying to do you a favor. There's no need to be offensive.

Thank you for looking out. If i have offended anyone, it was hopefully only randyvs. I do not and will not believe that I was offensive towards anyone else. Therefore, if anyone else is offended, it is their own intolerance that caused them to be offended, and indeed it was also randyvs intolerance as well. In truth I was neither offensive ot inoffensive. But I definitely wanted to create that subjective scenario and play it out as if I believed it were true. Thank you for helping me see the light. I now know that I was neither offensive nor un offensive. But it did feel good–whatever that means.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

In this universe, you can't be unoffensive, non offensive, inoffensive, deoffensive, suboffensive, exoffensive and offensive all at the same time. But coming from someone who would stoop to a word like douche bag over a mere critique. Is hardly offensive to be sure. However it is a bit over the top wouldn't you say Smith ? Perhaps you should
have chosen a topic more in line with your mentality.

I know let's have a spelling contest.

edit on 7-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

In this universe, you can't be unoffensive, non offensive, inoffensive, deoffensive, suboffensive, exoffensive and offensive all at the same time. But coming from someone who would stoop to a word like douche bag over a mere critique. Is hardly offensive to be sure. However it is a bit over the top wouldn't you say Smith ? Perhaps you should
have chosen a topic more in line with your mentality.

I know let's have a spelling contest.

edit on 7-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I feel fully satisfied and fully justified with everything I have said. It is neither over the top nor under the top.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

The only thing that is absolute is that we exist. Any definition beyond that is a creation of the mind.

That we exist is also a creation of the mind, voiding the rest of your statement.

Thought is illusion. The thought of something is not the same as an actual something. Say a rock. An actual rock can break windows or smash a cops head open.

The thought of a rock can't do any of those.

If its WW III, and you need to defend yourself, would you rather have an actual gun, or the thought of a gun?

No, awareness of our existence is the creation of the mind. Existence itself is a fact. Awareness is a step towards verification of existence, but what is so–called, "inanimate" existence that it could allow for the process of verification to commence? There is no definition suitable. All begins and ends in mystery.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Nice tread what i have to say is:

Welcome To The Matrix.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

A flag for your hypocrisy.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

...wow. That's one heck of a backhanded apology. And that's another absolute truth - human beings resist change.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

...wow. That's one heck of a backhanded apology. And that's another absolute truth - human beings resist change.

It definitely wasn't an apology.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

...okaaayyyy then. Were there any other 'absolute truths' we wanted to cover?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

There is only one absolute.

I do not know what I am. Do you know what you are?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

The absolute truth is a direct experience of infinite objectivity which transcends the mind. Any description of the Tao is not the Tao, so in a sense, this thread and the debates here are a waste

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Originally posted by smithjustinb

The absolute truth is a direct experience of infinite objectivity which transcends the mind. Any definition cription of the Tao is not the Tao, so in a sense, this thread and the debates here are a waste

It is neither a waste nor not a waste.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

The absolute is not the subjective. Or is it neither the subjective nor not the subjective or both? Very confusing to try and grasp the absolute.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You are very good at failing to answer questions despite your every effort to provide an answer.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

What's your point? I don't know everything, so I asked a question. Now you are saying that I should know the answers to my own question? If I knew, it wouldn't be a question, would it?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join