It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one absolute truth.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by smithjustinb

What if...there are no absolutes? What if some of our biggest problems in spirituality come from wanting to apply an absolute definition to everything? Especially when we know so little about the physical universe, let alone the sides we can't touch?

Just food for thought.

'The' absolute is not a definition, in fact the absolute cannot be defined. It can be pointed to but people usually only ever see the finger.
The absolute is what sings; the song - The Universe.

edit on 6-12-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

'The' absolute is not a definition, in fact the absolute cannot be defined. It can be pointed to but people usually only ever see the finger.
The absolute is what sings the song - The Universe.

I love how you're using absolutes saying the absolute cannot be defined. So are you saying that when you say the absolute cannot be defined, you cannot define the defining of the absolute?

Such riddles.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Explain how i have defined it? Have i given you any description of it?
'The' absolute is not a 'definition' as you stated, in fact the absolute 'cannot' be defined.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Yep. I believe you said "the universe".

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

The absolute is what sings; the song - The Universe.

It is what sings the song 'prior' to the universe (song) that is heard.
The 'singer' of the song (universe-one song) cannot be defined.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

That made absolutely no sense. Can you try again? Give me a huge freakin' post if you have to, just don't play this riddle game. I'm here to learn, not exhaust my brain on meaningless jabber.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

What if...there are no absolutes? What if some of our biggest problems in spirituality come from wanting to apply an absolute definition to everything?

Here you say our problems come from applying 'absolute definitions'. You also say 'absolutes' (plural) so you believe there is more than one absolute or are you talking about something different?

The absolute is the absolute, it is beyond definition.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

You also say 'absolutes' (plural) so you believe there is more than one absolute or are you talking about something different?

The absolute is the absolute, it is beyond definition.

If I pick up a toy fire truck, and say, "This is cherry red," that's an absolute. It is also a TRUE absolute. But someone else looks at it and says, "No, that's maroon," then that's THEIR absolute truth regarding the firetruck.

Because none of us are the same, we see things different ways, and so absolutes will be different to all of us. That's why I said absolutes in the plural sense.

The absolute is not beyond definition, or we wouldn't be able to discuss it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Thank you, now i understand your definition of 'absolute'. I speak of the absolute 'absolute', the only one.
The absolute i speak of is where 'this' all comes from, the source, one could say.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

At this time, it's safe to say there is no absolute truth, because to have an absolute truth, you must set aside your own emotions. The world is filled with people who cater to their emotions, which are influenced by their physicality, and so they only see that which concerns them, that which interests them, and all truth is inconvenient and uncomfortable.

They prefer the blue pill. They prefer to sleep.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

If I pick up a toy fire truck, and say, "This is cherry red," that's an absolute. It is also a TRUE absolute. But someone else looks at it and says, "No, that's maroon," then that's THEIR absolute truth regarding the firetruck.

Conflicted by a difference in words. United in seeing without words.
It is just words that divide. How is it an absolute truth when there is a difference in words?
Humans believe in the labels so much that they start an arguement over them.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

At this time, it's safe to say there is no absolute truth, because to have an absolute truth, you must set aside your own emotions.

The truth is in pure seeing.
Fighting over labels and ideas is ridiculous but it is what man does. Only when it is seen that life can happen without words, labels and judgements, will the 'real' be seen and heard.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Is all one or is all separate? Is the universe trillions of individual units or is it one universe? The answer is subjective. It depends on your perspective. You can say you are separate and be correct for you, but your determination is not absolute.

The only thing that is absolute is that we exist. Any definition beyond that is a creation of the mind. Albeit, not always insubstantial. Nevertheless, in absolute terms, untrue.

Therefore, shh. Don't define at all. Just watch.

Are you inside the universe or is the universe inside you? Can both be true simultaneously? If you say yes, then you create some loopholes that science can't explain. I say yes, but I can't explain it. The absolute answer is not subjective, only the subjective answer is subjective. Meaning, one's individual perspective at the moment is their subjective answer, however, the universe exists in absolution regardless of anyone's perceived subjectiveness. Truth is not relative to everyone, only perception is relative. Truth is absolute, it exists outside our subjective perceptions, so to ask us to answer the absolute is impossible.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

Originally posted by Kody27
Are you inside the universe or is the universe inside you?

If it is one (uni) there can be no 'you' and 'universe' because that is two.
Not inside nor outside.
No boundaries.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The late, very great comedian Bill Hicks probably said it best ;

Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

He said this within a comedy context of course, in one of his sets, though I very much doubt that he was kidding.

Bill Hicks, who died so relatively young , like Bob Marley and Terrence McKenna, of an extaordinarily rare form of brain cancer. But thats another story.
edit on 6-12-2012 by markatUCR because: of grammatical error

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by markatUCR

In that case, life is swiftly becoming a nightmare because our imaginations are really, really greedy and self-centered, yeah?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Is all one or is all separate? Is the universe trillions of individual units or is it one universe? The answer is subjective. It depends on your perspective. You can say you are separate and be correct for you, but your determination is not absolute.

The only thing that is absolute is that we exist. Any definition beyond that is a creation of the mind. Albeit, not always insubstantial. Nevertheless, in absolute terms, untrue.

Therefore, shh. Don't define at all. Just watch.

All is one, and one is all. in other words EVERYTHING came from the one source, the one source is everything.

Our universe is merely an outcome that is possible. try and think of different universes that are governed by different 'laws', if you thought of it, its possible, and probably to your logic improbable... but all that is IS infinite and anything possible in infinity will happen infinitely.

Yes, perspective is key. you all don't realise how powerful you all are, you are connected to the most distant star in the galaxy, ALL is ONE, and ONE is ALL.

The only thing 'untrue', is trying to understand what does not exist.

Oh, and don't just watch! you're here to define and put meaning to the meaningless. Nothing has built in meaning, its your job to provide that.
edit on 6-12-2012 by 1beerplease because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

reply to post by markatUCR

In that case, life is swiftly becoming a nightmare because our imaginations are really, really greedy and self-centered, yeah?

Man imagines that he is lacking so he goes about trying to get more.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

There are plenty of absolute truth.

1. If you where born you will die.
2. Until you die and even then you might not know what the after live truly entails if anything.
3. Reality is what an individual perceives, normality is what groups perceive.
4. The more you learn the more you become to realize of your infinite lack of knowledge.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Is all one or is all separate? Is the universe trillions of individual units or is it one universe?

I found the first line in this minimal thread to be redundant. Saying one universe over emphasizes. It's like saying God spoke the one universe into one existence with one word. Why say all that when we have the word UNIVERSE ?

I'm in full agreement with itsnowagain.
edit on 6-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join