It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Liberal Atheists Attack Jolly Ol' Saint Nick?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If liberal, atheists have now decided that Charlie Brown has too many Christian references to be shown in play form in a public school...

www.christianpost.com...

...how long will it be before these very same atheist, liberals also decide to go after Santa Claus, himself; trying to have him removed from any public school presentations?

After all, Santa Claus IS jolly old Saint Nicolas...and isn't any reference to a 'Saint' also a specifically Christian Catholic reference? Shouldn't, then, these very same liberal atheists also see this as unjust, unfair...and demand that images or references to Saint Nicolas be banned from any public schools?

For that matter, by their own reasoning, isn't it blatantly unfair that we have cities in the U.S. actually NAMED after Saints? Saint Louis, San Diego and San Francisco....Look Out; empowered liberal, atheists could be coming to BAN you soon.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Oh those bloody annoying atheists, always pushing their beliefs on everyone else....

How dare they.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
SANTA = anagram for SATAN
Red suit
"Clause" (Claws)
North pole, (north is the direction of evil in the occult)
he lives with a bunch of demon slaves forced to make crappy toys forever
Commits a billion tresspassing, beaking and entering and cookie/milk thefts in one night.
promotes obesity and collaborates with coca cola.
is german/ (no offence germans)
judges poor innocent children, which I guess means he spys on unsuspecting kids too.
may be associated with the coal industry
I rest my case

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I doubt it. After all, they get presents too. Who really thinks that liberal atheists are going to do away with something that gives so much joy? That's not the goal of atheists OR liberals. In fact, they could celebrate Christmas for an entirely different reason.

Might I remind ATS that many Christmas stories and movies make not even a single explicit mention of religion? No, they emphasize giving and family and loving and adventure and the fun of winter and generally everything that brings a child joy. Who wants to take that away, really?

Come on, let's be real here. What's next, Halloween?

"Oh god, what if the Christians want to abolish Halloween?"

If that thread pops up, I might puke. Think, people. These holidays are most enjoyed by children. Would America REALLY do that to its kids? Really?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't believe in god or santa or satan but please do not label me as an atheists I just don't believe that is all thank you.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Who would've thought good ol' Charlie Brown was so offensive to atheists?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I doubt atheists find it offensive... Christians are usually the ones who are offended by anything and everything.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Don't know if you actually read the article, but you seem to have misunderstood what is going on here.

This is not about a school production being shut down, it involved a school-sponsored field trip to watch the production put on by a Christian church. If the parent does not want their child to attend a religion-themed event, what is wrong with that?

Freedom of religion means being free to not listen to someone else's.

This is not an attack on religion, Charlie Brown, Santa, or Saint-named cities. Just a parent that doesn't want their child to have attend a perceived religious event.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

retarded generalisations are retarded

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I did read the article:
The trip was "optional" to students...and was cancelled for ALL students due to one parent's objection.
How fair was that? Especially since the objecting parent could simply have excercised her right to not have her child attend.

A church in Little Rock, Ark., canceled one performance of "Merry Christmas Charlie Brown" after an atheist organization complained and said students should not be exposed to a show with Christian themes as part of a school field trip. Read more at www.christianpost.com...

Although the field trip was optional, the woman planned to allow her daughter to attend the production out of fear she would be singled-out by her classmates. The upset mother also contacted the Arkansas Society of Freethinkers (ASF), the organization that complained to the Little Rock School District on her behalf. Read more at www.christianpost.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
It's political correctness gone mad, next these atheist liberals will be coming to ban rabbits

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Santa = Satan

Sleigh = Space ship

Toys = Alien technology

Coal = Not alien technology.

Elves = Gray Aliens

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
Santa = Satan

Sleigh = Space ship

Toys = Alien technology

Coal = Not alien technology.

Elves = Gray Aliens

Santa = Obama

Sleigh = Air Force One

Toys = Welfare

Coal = Deficit reduction

Elves = congressional democrats

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Aren't we all adults? Seriously though, who cares about Saint Nick? I've personally got plenty of better things to do than to lie to my children and serendipitously frolic about spending a bunch of money I don't have, on things I don't need.

A foreword to what I'm about to say: I was raised catholic, went non-denominational.. and transitioned to agnostic. (which means I believe in something undefined by the realm of modern/archaic religion). I can empathize with christian values, but some people need to be honest with themselves. I put it this way only for y'alls sake, the Lord gave us free will for a reason, make a judgement call and don't blindly follow everything that falls out of your preachers mouth.

The Point: If 'we' all celebrate the holiday's in the form of christmas, why is so much of the focus placed on Saint Nick, Christmas trees, and other pagan rituals? And why is it so important that those things be placed on the fore-front of people's minds and continually be perpetuated? Why do people place christmas on this pedestal that it's some holy-sanctimonious tradition? 99% of you have lost what ever christian tradition was meant to be there... hell even the story of christ is not so compelling, a new born son born under a bright star to the east followed by three wise kings? Sun, Sirius, Orion's Belt. for christ's sake... we know he wasn't even born in december. Seriously... wtf is so damn important about christmas that our country spends hundreds of millions of dollars decorating for christmas.... before thanksgiving is even over? It's disgusting and obsessive. See the only thing I ever cared about during the holiday's was getting together to see my family... I didn't care about getting presents, and even as a kid I would give most away to other kids... I didn't really care about the food, which was amazing btw... because of this I later became a Chef of a very nice restaurant and have since moved to a different field.... but the only thing I really ever enjoyed was just sharing time with the people that really knew me. You don't need all the other stuff... so who cares if christmas isn't being blasted into the faces of our kids or they are taking time away from learning to go get consumer crap from an imaginary idol? I don't get you people, get your damn priorities straight... no wonder the country is falling apart... we're all too damn busy decorating trees for 1/6 the year.
edit on 6-12-2012 by wishful1gnorance because: editing

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Separation of Church and State. Public school - IE tax funded and part of the state. There is no agenda or absolutist thinking involved. If one wants their kids brought up in a religious way - private school is the option.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

SANTA = anagram for SATAN
Red suit "Clause" (Claws)

new topics

top topics

join