It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe something is going to happen and a question about what to do with personal footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Hi and thanks for reading my post. first off let me preface that I'm using a really crappy keyboard to type this so please disregard any typographical errors.OK, so here goes:
I have always been a total skeptic on the paranormal and for good reason, so has my girlfriend. we've bth been teetering on atheism for quite a while now. anyway, on Nov. 28 we had been spending the day watching all of the videos on youtube regarding the weird events of 2012, of which there have been MANY good videos, and we both started to reconsider Christianity. Anyway, that night as I was in her bedroom, which is in the attic of her parent's house, she was leaving to go to the store, and i suddenly get a text from her on AIM (primitive I know but I can't afford a phone so it's how we often communicate)
she says:"there's these paranormal lights!!! omg!"
i'm just kinda like, whaaat?
"this light is going around the yard!"
so she gets out of her car and starts using her iphone to record the damn thing. it was a ball of light about the size of a basketball, moving in a perfect circle at a fairly fast pace, starting about 10 feet above her room (where i was) and out into her yard and the street in front of her house then back again. it was very dark out, but still, she got some godamn GOOD footage. i don't know how she did it, I would have basically been too stunned to do anything myself. I was too paralyzed with fear to look for myself. anyway she came back inside to tell me about it, then goes to leave again and this time the orbs were blue, and had doubled, like one following the other, and mved even faster, then as soon as her dad comes out, they dissapear. so she didnt get footage of the blue orbs. but the video she did get is pretty #ing surreal. the originl i a bit hard to see, so i played with it in some video editing software and your can CLEARLY see it moving above her house and going in a perfect circle. (also just last night, she saw a hooded dark figure get THROWN up into the sky, she screamed so loud when she saw it that I heard her from her room, s again she was leaving to the store while I was inside. needless to say, we've since accepted jesus into our hearts, and have been praying CONSTANTLY for protection from God.
So about the footage, I know it might seem extremely selfish, but at the moment I am currently essentially homeless and don't even have enough money to buy her a present. I really want to share this footage but I'm wondering if anyone has any info on where I might be able to sell this footage and the story along with it. local news? some TV show? I'm totally clueless, but this was enough to make both of us believers, and even though ive seen video of orbs before, Ive NEVER seen one like this, with the proximity, the perfect circles it moved in and everything, it's just crazy. I'm wondering if maybe I should just post a donation link on youtube and upload it there. anyway, let me know what you guys think. and thanks for any info you might have. again I know it seems like a cash grab but since being laid off, having my mobile mechanic business go under and being too depressed to work, not to mention not having a place to stay or even money to buy my gf a christmas present is kind of forcing me to consider this possibility. thanks for any info and God Bless! something is DEFINITELY coming up, but I'm entirely convinced it will be spiritual in nature. I feel really blessed to have seen something like this.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I will pay you $1,000,000.00 dollars.
Take a check?

link   
double post?
I guess I will take this chance to ask exactly how does this story mean you believe "something is going to happen"?
edit on 5-12-2012 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2012 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

link   
Open up a youtube account and upload your videos there,if you can.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
should have read the T and C first bud.........

Youll probably have your thread shut down for selling something, and for not using the intro as intended

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

lol thanks, but I don't believe it's worth anything like that. maybe if I post the video long with my story I might get a sympathy donation or two...it really sucks being this broke but something is telling me that my gf needs to move out of here and fast. here's a small screenshot of the video with a little bit of contrast enhancement, also it's way more visible in motion, and she got 45 seconds of video before the first orb dissapeared, she wasnt ready with her phone when the second air came, but who knows. just never figured something like this would happen here in her little seattle area neighborhood. like, this thing was concerned with US, an that's all I know for sure. I hope it comes back so we can be better ready to view record a better version. this isn't a good screenshot, the video is way clearer and I'm going to shoot some of her yard and perspective during the day time and add it to the video for reference.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

not trying to sell this here, just looking for advice on where to go for it. and yeah its not an intro I guess, so will I have to make more posts then I'd be able to post my thread somewhere else? again I am NOT looking to sell the video on this site, just looking for an idea on what to do with it, if there is anything I can do. thanks for the info btw, I'm new here and really not used to the rules on this forum. appreciate the advice!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I guess the reason I feel so strongly this way is because of how the orb only showed up after we had been watching videos about all of the weird goings on this year, all of the natural disasters, strange noises in the sky (which I had never heard) and videos of ufo's etc. we had been doing that ALL DAY and reconsidering our faith, maybe thinking that getting back into the church might help us to get back on our feet. it's just too strange of a coincidence to ignore in my book, especially since this thing was obviously targetted towards us so that WE could see it.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
just upload it a media station is not going to pay you money.

Plus didn't you say your girlfriend took the footage?

So by rights thats her copyrighted material, which only she can make money off it.

I know your hard up on cash but surely someone in the area needs there car fixed, serviced.

I know if I had a mechanical cert behind me and I was in need of cash I would find work from friends.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralius

Have you ever heard of Ball Lightning? Not sure exactly what it is but it's been documented several times. I've had a small blue one go through my house during a storm. In through a door and out a window. Really fast.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Video. post the video. post it. do it. now.
Why would you even post without the video if you have the video?
Why?
edit on 5-12-2012 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I really wish I wasn't so new so I couldve posted this somewhere else. can a mod move it to a relevant board?

reply to post by TheLieWeLive

yeah I know a LOT about ball lightning. in fact in the 8th grade i even made a little geocities website about how to make it in a microwave, well, stable plasmoids anyway. basically just a lit match under a fish bowl. ive always been interested in BL but this orb she saw and recorded moves around above the house in PERFECT circles, and dissapeared with no flash or anything. plus it came back as two BLUE orbs. I guess BL is a possibility but under the circumstances, proximity to us and the perfect circles I don't believe at all that it was BL. also, the black figure in the yard terrified my gf and we have been hearing voices. I want to be able to come up with enough cash and quick to get an apartment so she can get out of here even more than I need a place, because I feel like she's under attack. strange thumps, weve been hearing voices arguing frm within the walls, and just a constant feeling of dread. she says this house has been haunted since she moved in twelve years ago. it's about 100 years old and located in north seattle. #, I guess I will just post the vid to youtube later tonight and place a donation link and see what happens. maybe a few people out there will help us out with a few bucks, i dunno. I really #ing hate begging but under the circumstances im willing to do whatever it takes to get us out of here before the 21st.

thanks for the vid btw I hadn't even seen some of the clips in this one! much appreciated
edit on 5-12-2012 by Ralius because: just wanted o add a thanks for the vid link

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

for oone thing the original is a huge vid off her iphone, i think its 1080p, its also too dark to see much. i played with the levels in some editing program and its much more visible but i wish someone out there would do a better job than me, I'm gonna take off for now, but if the mods are kind enough to either leave this up or move the thread then I'll post a reply when I have it uploaded.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralius

Load it to YouTube, no one will pay you for it anyway. Get 20 posts under your belt and then make a thread about it.

But not in this forum.

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

Mod Note: ATS Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

If you have any questions regarding this or any other matter, feel free to PM myself or any other Staff Member, or use the ATS Complaint/Suggestion feature located in the Member Center and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Thread closed / Removed

Sauron
Super-Moderator

new topics

top topics

join