It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

need your help, try this for me at home - is the world speeding up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
i was just brushing my teeth, getting ready for bed

i looked down at the sink...something seemed off

i noticed that the swirl of the water going round is much more "aggressive" than usual.
i let the water receed, then i turned the tap on...once again..a very aggressive, faster swirl
i dont know why it feels off....is it faster than usual?

i began thinking, if this is so, what could it mean.....i understand the direction (clockwise or anticlockwise) depends on the hemisphere the observer is in.

but the speed...would that mean the earth is speeding up??...i dunno

as i have nothing to reference it to, i thought i d ask here
does someone mind checking themselves, and see if im just tired" lol...it is past my bed time lolol

i look forward to your comments, slate me if you will...but still...better asking than ignoring it

peace

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
i began thinking, if this is so, what could it mean.....i understand the direction (clockwise or anticlockwise) depends on the hemisphere the observer is in.

It's an old wives tale I'm afraid: www.snopes.com...

You used a sink that has a slightly sharper gradient perhaps?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

i understand the direction (clockwise or anticlockwise) depends on the hemisphere the observer is in.

I believe this is actually a myth...

does someone mind checking themselves, and see if im just tired

Sorry... bathroom... too... far...
(and so is the kitchen!)

Edit... Oh as for the increase in speed, I would suggest that maybe you had a blockage before (hairball?) and now it has shifted giving you a faster flow...
edit on 5-12-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
my drains is slow... could be from the falling off hair and chin shavings.... if thats the case.. time is slowing down for me.... in fact Im still living in the past.... hahaha

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Are you sure its GOOD water?
You sure it's not fracked up contaminated water?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

I would think it more likely that you are either (A) Extremely tired, obvious I know seeing as you said you were getting ready for bed. Tiredness can play with your conciousness in funny ways, heightening certain experiences or dulling others Or (B) something was blocking your sink plumbing and it has worked its way loose

edit on 5/12/12 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

There have been a notable number of threads now in the past 7-10 days about people having experiences or issues all relating to their sense of time. Too much or too little passing...or an outright skip. I've noticed many now though. Interesting.... The literal change of Earth or time wouldn't be possible, IMO, because other things would be off too. If nothing else at all, most homes still have a good 'ol set of print books like almanacs. In this part of the country...farmland...the Farmers Almanac is like the 2nd best to the Bible itself for many. If a real change happened, the printed numbers in some farmers bookshelf can't be changed and folks like that would naturally notice to check I'd think.

Still.....not physically happening doesn't change much in my thinking. After all, a good deal of 'time' is perception itself right? It gets into noodle boiling issues quick that direction but I just can't help note the number who are bringing stuff like this up just now.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Snopes is not the say all and be all. For the most part, the direction is dependent on the hemisphere. The poles of the earth create a magnetic flux,generally leaving the throuhh the surface in the northern hemi, then re-entering through the southern surface. The "right hand rule" induces an angular force on the water as it essentially finds the most efficient way to converge into the pipe. Refer to This MAP As you can tell from the map, the magnetic fluxes arent 100% consistent. I.e. there are some ares in the southern hemi with inward flux, and some in the nothern with outward flux. Note, the directional vector of a magnetic field behaves similar to that of electricity. While current flow is represented as pointing from positive to negative, its actually the result of electrons flowing from the negative charge to the positive. Therefore, inward flux = outward directional vector. So, long story longer... Here in the northern hemi, if I point my right thumb up, water circles in the direction that my fingers point as I make a fist.

Assuming that you actually observing the water circles faster, that would imply that the intensity of the magnetic flux has increased in your area.. I just think you have cleaned your sink recently...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
It's true that the speed of the Earth's rotation changes.

But, in fact, it is currently getting slower. Not faster.

link

The Earth rotates once in about 24 hours from the point of view of the sun and once every 23 hours 56 minutes and 4 seconds from the point of view of the stars (see below). Earth's rotation is slowing slightly with time, thus a day was shorter in the past, this is due to the tidal effects the Moon has on Earth's rotation. Atomic clocks show that a modern day is longer by about 17 milliseconds than a century ago,[1] slowly increasing the rate at which UTC is adjusted by leap seconds.

At approximately 46:00 - 49:00 minute mark of this video. The speaker gives a demonstration.

edit on 6-12-2012 by MagicWand67 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join