It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who would have thought donating blood was an awesome hangover cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ok, so completely unintentionally, I ended up drinking an entire 5th of Scotch last night.

I woke up this morning to see the empty bottle, and reality came crashing down. I thought to myself, why? Why would I do that? Admittedly, I have never been good at moderation....with anything. I drink too much, smoke too much, drink too much coffee, exercise too much.

So I got to work, still an hour before anyone else, because that's how I roll. And I saw an Email about a blood drive, I'll admit that I rarely do anything for benevolent purposes. So the message also said that they were giving free T-shirts and coffee mugs to donors. Well, I guess they finally figured out how to get me to volunteer for stuff, give out free coffee mugs.

Anyway, I go down there, go through the big pain in the neck process to give blood. Get my free coffee cup. And as I am walking back to my office, I realize that I feel completely fine. Hangover gone! I was completely blown away.

I am guessing it had to do with removing the hungover dehydrated blood? I don't know, but it did the trick.

Just thought I would share this revelation with everyone.
edit on 5-12-2012 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

youre not a good advert for your hangover cure.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Sssshhhhhhh.....it's an ancient Chinese secret; you're not supposed to tell anybody!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Have another drink!!!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Hey!

Leave me alone, I've been drinking

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

no prob, i just heard some idiot on ats recommend donating blood as a hangover cure, you should try that.

oh wait...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

no prob, i just heard some idiot on ats recommend donating blood as a hangover cure, you should try that.

oh wait...

Just spit out my beer....

Oh wait, anyone know the number for the Red Cross?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

thats not right dude... someone is going to get alcohol metabolites because of you.. .when that person gets transfusion... that might interact with certain medications..

cure for hangover is one liter of water before... and when you wake up.

hangover happens because you're dehydrated... pissed all of your fluids away..

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

I won't contest that I am in fact an idiot.

But hey, it worked.

reply to post by dannikilla13

I am aware of this, and it should be noted that I am a horrible evil person.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

True story: At 2 Am one morning, a man plunged to his death from his 8th floor hospital room. Moments before he had been sleeping quietly on his first post operative night. The nurse charted that she had added a bottle of blood to his infusion. The autopsy showed that despite being a member of AA for sixteen years, the transfusion had just enough alcohol in it to set him off.

There can be consequences to our actions.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

I don't believe you.

1. Blood is neither collected nor administered in bottles.

2. The BAC from one 500ml bag of blood is not going to cause someone to defenestrate themselves. That's just BS so save it.

3. Nurses do not get to decide to give someone more blood post-op in the middle of the night, a doctor would make that decision.

You should also be aware of the fact that I do not care.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I have a friend that volunteers during her off time at a blood bank. She assures me that the donated blood is processed, run through some kind of machine. That's why it's okay to donate blood even if you take medications regularly- as long as they're not blood thinners.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
It makes sense the less blood the less alcohol.
The same would apply while consuming.

By far the best cure is to dilute your blood with water not get rid of your blood.imo
edit on 5-12-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I know you don't deserve any friendly advice, seeing as you donated blood with the assumption it could be harmful to others, but I have some for you anyways.

You will be more easily affected by alcohol the day you have given blood, so be a bit more cautious with the volume and speed of intake, and definitely do not mix it with prescription meds like Vicodin or sleeping pills. You will become more intoxicated from a smaller amount the same day as a blood donation, which is nice for the wallet. But dangerous if mixed with medications that are already dangerous to mix with alcohol.

I don't want to see you hurt yourself, even if you are so happy to hurt others. The good news is, your blood will not hurt anyone because you drank the night before.
edit on 12/5/2012 by spleenika because: (no reason given)

top topics

join