It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resizing pictures/documents issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I could really use some help with this one...

I'm planning on posting a fairly large thread about a set of UFO documents, which I usually crop to the right size for posting on ATS. Unfortunately, I seem to made the current set of images too large. I could manually resize/crop them all, but this would be a considerable pain in the bottom.

I'd like to use bbcode (or some other quick and simple method) to post the existing set of images without them being too wide (and hence requiring members of ATS to scroll left and right to see each complete image).

For example, here's one of the images:

I've managed to resize an image by posting the full external URL within (ats) tags, with ats=[A]x[B] - e.g. with (ats=360x600) I can post this version of the document image:

What numbers should I use to use the maximum width (and is there is a corresponding number I can use for the height which maintains an A4 size ratio)?

Or, since the height will almost certainly be fine and I just want to slightly adjust the width, is it possible to leave the height unaltered and just resize the width (e.g. by including a wildcard or other instruction in relation to the height)??

I'm keen to get this resolved, so I'd appreciate any assistance.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
600 is about the max width for a picture in a thread, any bigger and the scrollbar appears.

Do you use photoshop? It has batch abbilities and can resize pictures by the folder!!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
600 is about the max width for a picture in a thread, any bigger and the scrollbar appears.

Many thanks. 600 for the width seems to be about right.

For the height, I found an indication on Wikipedia that for A4 paper, the height = width*1.4142.

So (without bothering to use Photoshop or other software to resize the images first) I can post using the (ats) tags adjusting the width to 600 and the height to 848 (600*1.4142) with the external URL for each image e.g. (ats=600x848)files.abovetopsecret.com...(/ats), e.g. :

Thanks for your help.
edit on 6-12-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Testing the 600x848 ratio, it seems to work:

So, I've been able to do a global search of a relevant Microsoft Word document and replace on (pic) tags with (ats=600x848), resizing all the images in about a second. Which I'm pretty pleased about...

edit on 11-12-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
test

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CarbonBase

test

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
test

new topics

top topics