It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria loads chemical weapons into bombs; military awaits Assad's order

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well it's a good thing the DEFENSIVE Patriot missiles are on their way to Turkey if Assad decides to use SKUD missiles....

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Thats the problem I am having with the claims of imminent use of chemical weapons. If you review articles on the Patriot missile in Turkey, they all mention that the reason Patriots have been installed is "for defense" from "Syrian missiles loaded with chemicals". Even though none have been fired, ever. The other problem I have is Debka, the horses mouth for disinformation.

As NATO in Brussels gave the go-ahead Tuesday night, Dec. 4, for the deployment of Patriot surface-to-air missiles to protect Turkey against Syrian missiles, DEBKAfile’s military and intelligence sources reported that convoys of the Syrian army’s chemical weapons units headed out of Damascus under cover of dark and turned north up the road to Aleppo. Their destination is not yet known.
The convoys were ferrying self-propelled cannons for firing shells loaded with poisonous sarin gas.

www.debka.com...

Those "self propelled cannons" fire every kind of artillery shell. There is no way to determine what they might be used for.

They even show a photo which the article claims is of Syrian shells.

The shells are artillery shells no doubt. The writing on the pallet is english. Nothing in the photo points to them belonging to Syria. Also these units are in storage, unfuzed and maybe loaded or not.

Lastly, the well worn-- "Debka's millitary and intelligence sources reported..." When you get old enough you've heard it enough times to smell the BS from all the way across half a world.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well it's a good thing the DEFENSIVE Patriot missiles are on their way to Turkey if Assad decides to use SKUD missiles....

Syria attack NATO--- err, I mean Turkey? With all the forces arrayed in the region just spoiling for a fight?

Right.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It seems more likely to me that Assad would gas his own people than to attack Turkey. Never say never, I know, but what would be the point of such an attack?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I can't believe how gullible you guys are. This is pure propaganda youtu.be...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

BTW,do you have any sources that you rely on for news from the middle east?

Uhhh... ATS?

Any news must be read between the lines as it were. Some you can take the opposite of. Like Debka or Jpost. I hadn't seen it till you brought it.

So Thanks...kdog...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
IsaiaH 17:1 "Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap."

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

BTW,do you have any sources that you rely on for news from the middle east?

Uhhh... ATS?

Any news must be read between the lines as it were. Some you can take the opposite of. Like Debka or Jpost. I hadn't seen it till you brought it.

So Thanks...kdog...

Those who don't read newpapers are uninformed, those who do read newspapers are misinformed.

Mark Twain

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iceman702
I can't believe how gullible you guys are. This is pure propaganda youtu.be...

were gullible for simply reporting and speculating on breaking news?

Accusatory much?

This is a forum for conspiracy, that includes all facets........youre new here, if i were you id get use to seeing people debate over hot topic/obscure subjects here on ATS............

perhaps this isnt the site for you
edit on 5-12-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
IsaiaH 17:1 "Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap."

I keep trying to forget how closely events are snapping back to lines of prophecy no matter how hard some try to break that seeming link. Back they go....maybe months..maybe a year later, but indeed, we're right back down the track again. I'm not sure it gets broken this time... Err...

So some reports at least narrow it down to an "Un-named" official as the source of the intelligence. Well, that should narrow it right down when everyone gets there over the fighting to find the reports were...(gasp) overstated or totally fabricated.

but..indeed..Damascus could pay dearly or totally before that all comes.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wait, this sounds familiar........

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
A little different when the whole world is admitting this as well. Your post was a short cut to thinking.

Originally posted by dashen

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm sure Assad has chemical weapons, that's not the issue for me. The real issue is if he uses it or not. I'm sure if he was ready to use them NATO and the U.S would be all over him like flies on ....

Just my two cents.

Good read though. S/F

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

A little different when the whole world is admitting this as well. Your post was a short cut to thinking.

Whole world admitting it which time? I heard that in 1991, I heard it for Serbia on the Kosovo intervention and I even heard a version prior that that for Somalia now that I think about it... It was again the basis for war reasoning in 2001 and 2003.

How many times does the whole world have to be flat wrong before that basis of logic deflates like a balloon? I would just like to see a return to the sanity of not making war and tearing the stuffing out of other nations until they've actually DONE something.....not just the real real real strong guess they may do something. So many dead over bad guesses.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Remember the Kurds?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Using them against his own people is ridiculous. He is arming them for warmongering pricks who think they have the right to interfere in Syrias internal affairs..

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Whole world? It was just the US.

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Whole world admitting it which time? I heard that in 1991, I heard it for Serbia on the Kosovo intervention and I even heard a version prior that that for Somalia now that I think about it... It was again the basis for war reasoning in 2001 and 2003.

How many times does the whole world have to be flat wrong before that basis of logic deflates like a balloon? I would just like to see a return to the sanity of not making war and tearing the stuffing out of other nations until they've actually DONE something.....not just the real real real strong guess they may do something. So many dead over bad guesses.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Syria loads chemical weapons into bombs; military awaits Assad's order

worldnews.nbcnew s.com

The military has loaded the precursor chemicals for sarin, a deadly nerve gas, into aerial bombs that could be dropped onto the Syrian people from dozens of fighter-bombers, the officials said.

As recently as Tuesday, officials had said there was as yet no evidence that the process of mixing the "precursor" chemicals had begun. But Wednesday, they said their worst fears had been confirmed: The nerve agents were locked and loaded inside the bombs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

You can always spot the Disinfo Shill News stories, that always source "Officials" without naming a single one.. LOL .. Run Sheeple Run

Well, that was my thought. Should we take this at face value just because the newsman said a source said it? This just sounds like TPTB's way of trying to make us agreeable to some sort of 'intervention' if you ask me. Anybody remember "Mobile Labs carrying WMD's" ???

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
SO now NATO has contacted Russia to tell Syria to NOT do anything with the gas and Russia has NOT said "what weapons of WMD in Syria? No way"

Why?? Because Russia knows they are there. They ALL know they are there. Hell they were moved there from Iraq prior to the war. Everyone knows this. Saddam gassed the freaking Kurds in his own country. With what??? Hmmmm

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
We dont have anything to worry about Obama is not going to do Jack Sh-- Obama is weak Obama did not take any action in response to the terrorist attack in Libya why would Obama respond to an attack where no Americans were killed.
edit on 5-12-2012 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join