It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria loads chemical weapons into bombs; military awaits Assad's order

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

worldnews.nbcnew s.com

The military has loaded the precursor chemicals for sarin, a deadly nerve gas, into aerial bombs that could be dropped onto the Syrian people from dozens of fighter-bombers, the officials said.

As recently as Tuesday, officials had said there was as yet no evidence that the process of mixing the "precursor" chemicals had begun. But Wednesday, they said their worst fears had been confirmed: The nerve agents were locked and loaded inside the bombs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well this is getting pretty scary.......

Id like to know what everyones thoughts are on this.

The fact the US has had a hand in any of this makes me sick to my stomach, and it seems that the fears of the area, and indeed other people who were hesitant about these people, have been proven correct....

If they drop this, the implications are unfathomable....

To drop this on your own people or even CONSIDER the act, just makes my head spin....

It is said that Assad hes fled to Cuba, I hope he is found soon and brought to justice.

What are your thoughts?

worldnews.nbcnew s.com

+40 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Those are the ones Bush said were in Iraq but got trucked into Syria

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I must've missed it in the article, but what hand did the US have in this?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Didn't Sadam Huessen drop sarin gas on the Kurds of northern Iraq, in the 80's?

Maybe they're going to send the missiles to Israel? I don't know if they've got the capability with missiles from Syria.

WW111, here we come. It's horrible and barbaric.

Maybe someone is going to nuke them before they can deliver the missiles anywhere.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Maybe someone is going to nuke them before they can deliver the missiles anywhere.
reply to post by Happy1

Sustitute the word "Maybe" and replace with "Hopefully"

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

I think Saddam used Mustard Gas, didn't he?

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Scariest part is the means at which they have to deploy these bombs given Assad makes the call.

Bombshells filled with chemicals can be carried by Syrian Air Force fighter-bombers, in particular Sukhoi-22/20, MiG-23 and Sukhoi-24 aircraft. In addition, some reports indicate that unguided short-range Frog-7 artillery rockets may be capable of carrying chemical payloads.

In terms of longer-range delivery systems, Syria has a few dozen SS-21 ballistic missiles with a maximum range of 72 miles; 200 Scud-Bs, with a maximum range of 180 miles; and 60 to 120 Scud-Cs, with a maximum range of 300 miles, all of which are mobile and are capable of carrying chemical weapons, according U.S. intelligence officials.

Source: NBC World News

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88

I mean in reference to arming the rebels, I dont think we should have had ANY involvement in that whole thing what so ever.......

Look at how egypt has turned out........

And yes it was mustard gas i believe that sadam used......

The scary thing is Assad gets to make the call, and this guy is a complete lunatic with a grudge against the uprising, theres no telling what this guy could do......

Besides that point, whose to say they wont do it anyway, w out his consent......

This whole thing is a powder keg, and if they decide to use these on other nations in their hightened state of vulnerability and unstableness.......well....

I just dont want to think about that........

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

worldnews.nbcnew s.com

The military has loaded the precursor chemicals for sarin, a deadly nerve gas, into aerial bombs that could be dropped onto the Syrian people from dozens of fighter-bombers, the officials said.

As recently as Tuesday, officials had said there was as yet no evidence that the process of mixing the "precursor" chemicals had begun. But Wednesday, they said their worst fears had been confirmed: The nerve agents were locked and loaded inside the bombs.

You can always spot the Disinfo Shill News stories, that always source "Officials" without naming a single one.. LOL .. Run Sheeple Run

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Ah, gotcha...I agree, it's very, very scary. I can't think of anyone I trust with chemical weapons, including us (USA), but among those I'd least trust I'd say Assad is right up there.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

reply to post by Happy1

Sustitute the word "Maybe" and replace with "Hopefully"

Yeah, because that would be just great for the poor Syrian civillians and the rest of the region for that matter...

There's a possibility that they will have chemical weapons used on them, so "hopefully" someone nukes the lot of them to prevent that?

Maaaate, your location says The Big Red Land which I'm assuming is Australia, we have more logic than this!

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

worldnews.nbcnew s.com

You can always spot the Disinfo Shill News stories, that always source "Officials" without naming a single one.. LOL .. Run Sheeple Run

Are you not aware that most reporting agencies keep the people who inform them confidential? Atleast until all the information can be released?

Whistle blowers are kept confidential until its time to testify, or break everything wide open.......

Point is just because they dont site the source by name.......doesnt mean its not true......

That line of thinking is flawed......

I suppose then every bit of information thats ever come out from confidential sources is untrue huh?

link   
So what happens if these are used in Syria...what is Israel's reaction going to be? Will they simply sit tight wearing gas masks or will they intervene? What about Jordan? Turkey? Will they allow refugees fleeing chemical attacks in?

Syria's neighbors have got to be on edge.

+3 more 
link   

Anything that happens or does not happen in the world is the fault of the US. Nobody can do anything unless the US had a role in it. That is what some peoples version of reality is. As for the op if Assad uses chemical weapons the rest of the world will have to do something. Seeing as the West has been desparate to stay out of it I doubt it would go beyond perhaps some air support or no fly zones. Maybe not even that much.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

So what happens if these are used in Syria...what is Israel's reaction going to be? Will they simply sit tight wearing gas masks or will they intervene? What about Jordan? Turkey? Will they allow refugees fleeing chemical attacks in?

Syria's neighbors have got to be on edge.

those are the big questions my friend, that everone wants to know.......

it would be a tragedy for the people there, and yet the reaction from the incident could be even worse.......

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I guess they will let him drop a couple on top of his own people, just to have a god reason to invade that country, kill the guy and claim the natural resources. I'm in favor with the plan because the other option (do nothing) is worse.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This should get interesting quickly as sarin once prepared has a relatively short shelf life.

According to this,

Sarin degrades after a period of several weeks to several months.

They've either got to use it or lose it in pretty short order, or somebody has to go in during that time period to make sure they cannot use it or there's gonna be a whole lot of nasty in that area of the world really soon. Breathing it is one thing, but you can absorb it as a vapor through your freakin' skin!

How's this for an exit from the bus ride /

Initial symptoms following exposure to sarin are a runny nose, tightness in the chest and constriction of the pupils. Soon after, the victim has difficulty breathing and experiences nausea and drooling. As the victim continues to lose control of bodily functions, the victim vomits, defecates and urinates. This phase is followed by twitching and jerking. Ultimately, the victim becomes comatose and suffocates in a series of convulsive spasms.

Given news reports that this stuff is scattered all over the country, it's not like a single strategic strike can neutralize the problem. This will involve actually going in and ferretting it out . . . maybe even door-to-door.

Jesus H.

Merry friggin' Christmas!!!!

NOT.
edit on 5-12-2012 by GoalPoster because: Punctuation and clarification

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace

I counted 6 mentions of "U.S. officials" and 0 of any actual names. I'm not familiar with NBC (i'm a brit) but this looks like a blog. Are the authors well respected journalists or is this just a comment-piece?

I can't seem to find any other source that confirms this, or any official release from the "U.S. officials".

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
My thoughts: we think about Assad what the media machine wants us to think about Assad as it largely ignores the atrocities perpetrated by the "Free Syrian Army,' as much as a puppet for Western policy as All-CIA-duh. And to think, all Assad has to do is step down and the west will be happy. Just like with Gaddafi in Libya. We say that Assad needs to be out, like Gaddafi and others ousted during the Arab Spring because they are dictators however:

5 Dictators the US Still Supports:

1. King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia
2. President Ali Abdullah Saleh of Yemen
3. Sultan Qaboos bin Said Al-Said of Oman
4. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo of Equatorial Guinea
5. Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov of Turkmenistan

theweek.com...

If it was really about promoting democracy and preventing dictatorship there would not be a list such as the one above, or this one that lists roughly 25 dictators the US has supported and in some cases installed throughout the world in the 20th Century:

Chile Gen. Augusto Pinochet 1973-1990 3000 murdered. 400,000 tortured.

Argentina Gen. Jorge Rafael Videla 1976-1981 30,000 murdered. more

Indonesia Suharto 1965 coup against left-leaning Sukarno,1975 support of East Timor genocide
500,000 dead after 1965 coup; 100,000-230,000 dead in East Timor; more, more, more.

Guatemala Armas, Fuentes, Montt 1954-

Iran The Shah of Iran
Ayatollah Khomeini was on the CIA payroll in the 1970s in Paris

Egypt Sadat, Mubarak 1978-today (it's a slightly outdated list, but we were for him before we were against him.)

Iraq Saddam Hussein (see the note for Egypt)

Nicaragua Anastasio Somoza & sons 1937-1979

Paraguay Stroessner. US supported throughout (state.gov says US has supported Paraguayan development since 1942) ($142M between 1962 and 1975) 1954-1989

Bolivia Col. Hugo Banzer overthrew elected leftist president Juan Jose Torres 1970-

Angola Jonas Savimbi/UNITA (didn't actually win his revolution, but killed or displaced millions) 1975-1989

Zaire Mobutu

Kuwait a monarchy

Morocco

Tunisia

Algeria

Jordan

Panama Noriega was US-supported for years

Haiti Papa Doc, Baby Doc

Dominican Republic Trujillo, a military dictator for 32 years with US support for most of that time; Belaguer, Trujillo's protege, installed after US Marines intervened to put down an attempt to restore the democratically elected government of Juan Bosch 1930-61, 1965-78

Honduras

El Salvador 1980s

Nepal monarchy since 1948

Cuba Fulgencio Batista pre-Castro

Brazil Gen. Branco overthrew elected president Goulart with US support 1965-67

Uzbekistan Kamirov "The Boiler", $150M from the Bush administration for an air base. 1965-67

www.tomveatch.com...

tfclub.tripod.com...

And the West wants Assad out because he is a dictator? Mmmmm....no, the lists say different.
edit on 5-12-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join