It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I A Naysayer? Yes I Am.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
As the date the to the end of the Mayan codex approaches, 12/21/2012, I sit here reading some interesting things about the end of the world here at ATS. I can't believe that some think that some earth shattering event that will lead to the extinction of mankind is anywhere near the realm of even possible in relation to this date. We have 15 days left to this (for some, dreaded) date, as it seems some here seem fearful of it. What could possibly happen in the next few weeks that could possibly exterminate us as a species? Not many. as the chances of this are about the same as winning the powerball lottery.

There is no meteor or asteroid anywhere to be found first off, that could lead to destruction on a global scale anywhere near this date. In fact, there has only ever been mentioned one with any amount of probability striking earth and annihilating us - which was announced by Nasa briefly in 2004. They dubbed this meteor "Apophis" and it's time of arrival anywhere near earth would not be seen due to it's distance to earth at that time, was speculated in the years between 2029 and 2036. Information on Apophis is below.
neo.jpl.nasa.gov...

Some out there believe it will usher in the arrival of the "rogue planet" Nibiru. There is simply no evidence out there to support this theory. Many have claimed out there on alternative outlets such as Youtube for example, that Nibiru has been visible in the past few short years. There is simply no corroborating evidence of this "planet" coming anywhere near earth in this time, or even being there at all. This is something to me that, although an interesting topic of discussion, holds no tangible weight.

Some believe this will be some sort of "alien arrival" date. I see no reason to believe such a thing; seeing as we have not as a society even concretely (no emperical evidence) that these beings even exist (in the public eye). I myself, could not begin to even believe this to be a possibility without such evidence.

There are even some out there that believe that a pole shift could cause the the ice caps to melt, raising the levels of our ocean waters, causing mass flooding worldwide; as well as generating other disasters such as tornadoes and hurricanes, not to mention earthquakes; as the geomagnetic poles shift beyond any form of control. If this is to happen, it would have to be very soon (as in record breaking speed) to come anywhere near correlating with this date.

The only thing that I can fathom that could be so disastrous that it would possibly lead to an extinction level event would be a nuclear war of some kind on a mass scale. This has no headwind in the news whatsoever; no news of the possible start of such a cataclysmic event to be read about, or heard anywhere. The chances (although possible, but improbable) of this are very, very low indeed.

There are so many different theories as to what possible doom could await us as a global entity on that date that it's ridiculous. I only really wanted to touch on a few possibilities (or non-possibilities even) that seem popular with people all over the web. The descendants of the Mayan culture that created this codex do not even believe this date to have any world ending significance. The site below speaks of their 17 calendars, as to what will happen at the end of the last one:

What will this "transformation" be like when we reach the end of one of these 17 calendars?

It will be the start of a new era resulting from and signified by the solar meridian crossing the galactic equator, and the earth aligning itself with the center of the galaxy. At sunrise on December 21, 2012 for the first time in 26,000 years the Sun rises to conjunct the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic. This cosmic cross is considered to be an embodiment of the Sacred Tree, The Tree of Life, a tree remembered in all the world's spiritual traditions. Some observers say this alignment with the heart of the galaxy in 2012 will open a channel for cosmic energy to flow through the earth, cleansing it and all that dwells upon it, raising all to a higher level of vibration.

Source info found here:
www.skepdic.com...

As this site details. it will be the start of a higher level of vibration as to the beliefs of their culture. An event that would be a cleansing process to the people of the earth. If this will indeed happen, remains to be seen. It is definitely not a cataclysmic, extinction level event to them as many fear it will be.

So what does the rest of ATS think? Are we in danger of being wiped out as a collective global consciousness? Or are we heading for a dawn of a new and better age, where we become more spiritually inclined and/or centered? Perhaps nothing at all will happen on this date, all of us going about our daily lives as usual. How will you spend your time leading up to this day? Being happy and fulfilled, or filled with dread and fear?
edit on 5-12-2012 by Rubicant13 because: mispelling

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

I disagree. Perhaps the Mayans were so good at seeing into the future that they saw how the money hoarders were going to enslave all of us..........

One thing I know for sure, if all of the conspiracy theorys fail, the bankers will make damn sure we will all be either dead or slaves......

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Excuse me if this sounds like fear mongering. That is not my intentions. I just wanna clear up the statement that nothing in the next 15 days can do this or that. And the chances are as good as winning the power ball lottery.

We don't know when Betelgeuse blew up and could have a long time ago. Or any other known star within the neighborhood that's soon to go.

Therefore some gamma radiation bursts can be headed our way undected and wipe us out like a nuclear attack in the middle of the night.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

I disagree. Perhaps the Mayans were so good at seeing into the future that they saw how the money hoarders were going to enslave all of us..........

One thing I know for sure, if all of the conspiracy theorys fail, the bankers will make damn sure we will all be either dead or slaves......

Perhaps all the fear mongering over this date is fueled also by those who wish to profit over such fear; to help with sales and making even more money and massive profits.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I vote for "none of the above". No Niburu, no pole shift, no onslaught of natural disaster, no nuclear war, no "ascension". The new age is nothing but the starting point for the next calender. It's Y2K all over again!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
We won't be wiped out because breeding stock is needed to start over. Yes, most will die and won't be coming back to Earth but about 5% will live and start over minus the influence of the elite. They are finished and most of their hidey holes, will be tombs. By March-April 2013, everyone on the planet will know that there is something very wrong and that is just the start. The slate will be almost cleared but not completely. What will happen, is all natural and happens to every galaxy. It is beyond our ability to comprehend. This is truly a wonderful time to be alive; hope you can stay that way.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What Mayan codex is it that you keep referencing to? Also, to reiterate myself in another thread, nobody REALLY knows. The best thing to do is wait and watch. Some people claims Nibiru exists and we can't see it because it doesn't visually exist in our spectrum.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I can't believe that some think that some earth shattering event that will lead to the extinction of mankind is anywhere near the realm of even possible in relation to this date.

Why is that hard to believe ? I have been reading them saying that since I joined this site. It only changed to "ascension and renewal" in the past 8 months or so when all the signs confirming "Nirubu be upon us" never materialized. So, they changed it. Now, we all turn blue and fly into the air.

.....like the Rapture. Only, without the Jesus part.

edit on 5-12-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Actually, YOUR chances of hitting the lottery are the exact same as the person that won it.

Your CHANCES of being on THIS planet at this SPECIFIC date in time in THIS particular universe, in THIS particular galaxy, in THIS particular solar sytem, as YOUR particular species are somewhere around 780 quadragazillion to one to the 1,000,000,000th power.

Makes those lottery odds look better all the time.

No one, and I mean no one , has ANY idea as to what is going to happen on 12/21/2012....or any other date for that matter...

The wait is exciting though, is it not?

oxi

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here. Read the words of a Mayan shaman. His explanation of this date has nothing to do with destruction. It correlates with the other site i referenced in the OP. It was my point - even Mayan descendants do not believe this to be a date for destruction or "the end of the world".

www.maya12-21-2012.com...

This post was not a prediction. It is my lack of belief in some of the ideas that something terrible will happen on 12/21/2012, as some of the things people believe will happen do not seem plausible in my eyes; and is my personal opinion.

edit on 5-12-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I heart you long time Rubicant, but you're gonna hate how I feel about this lol

I'm one of those super annoying people who is firmly agnostic on this issue. Do I think anything will happen? Probably not. Do I think it's totally possible? Absolutely. Humans aren't as smart as they think they are, and governments lie a lot. I think much of the debate is pointless, and the way people treat each other over the issue destructive and ignorant.

Either way, we'll find out in 15 days. But we can't do anything about it regardless. I say live the next 15 days like they're your last. At least you'll have a good time.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
dear our ats overlords please close the 2012 forum. it became boring, stupid and pointless along time ago.

i will spill the blood of my most attractive goat if you do.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
I heart you long time Rubicant, but you're gonna hate how I feel about this lol

I'm one of those super annoying people who is firmly agnostic on this issue. Do I think anything will happen? Probably not. Do I think it's totally possible? Absolutely. Humans aren't as smart as they think they are, and governments lie a lot. I think much of the debate is pointless, and the way people treat each other over the issue destructive and ignorant.

Either way, we'll find out in 15 days. But we can't do anything about it regardless. I say live the next 15 days like they're your last. At least you'll have a good time.

I appreciate that input, Malynn. My point is that nothing is certifiable as happening in any terrible, world changing, life ending way. My view on this date is a choice - to not buy into gloom and doom predictions. I want to believe what the Mayan descendants of today believe. That something positive is associated with this date - no death or cataclysmic event that utterly destroys or negatively impacts our civilization as a whole. It seems like some WANT these terrible things to happen. What does it profit anyone to want something terrible to happen? I hold no such ill-will as that toward a single person on this earth; let alone everyone as a collective. You can choose to believe the gloom, or embrace the positive, The choice is all of ours. I most certainly will be not living in any fear of this date up until it arrives, that is for sure.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I don't know if anything will happen ? Perhaps... Perhaps Not

But.... I can say this: Whatever if anything..... It shall be good
Yep that's what I believe... that whatever happens shall be good.
Positive thoughts shall bring forth positive results.

You see because I have things do, places and people to see and so many things to accomplish on many levels as I am sure many others do too. It can't all be ending in 15 days. I just know it.

It is an awesome thing that we will be able to witness this rare occurrence and I pray that we walk away a better civilization and that we may learn a many great things from it.

new topics

top topics

join