It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to save your country from financial doom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Maybe it is too late, but what the heck!

First off we all have to stop buying so much cheap crap made in China!

Next shop at local Mom & Pop stores and do not give your money to the mega corps (who buy all their stuff cheap from China)

Pay a local guy to fix your goods instead of going into debt to buy a brand new item.

Buy locally grown produce if you can, heck get it right from a farm!

Save your money, don't spend it on useless items.

Get used to paying more for better products made outside of China.

Work harder at work, if you produce items make them better than you ever have.

Be smart, get educated, lead the world.

And have a nice day

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

best way to save our country is fire all the morons in office
all fixed

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

How about we all (every citizen of the US) save our aluminum cans and pool them all together to sell to a recycling center and use the proceeds to hire a team of lawyers to sue the federal government for breach of contract- seeing as how they don't abide by the constitution? Isn't that what they're getting paid to do, upholding the constitution?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by BrianG

How about we all (every citizen of the US) save our aluminum cans and pool them all together to sell to a recycling center and use the proceeds to hire a team of lawyers to sue the federal government for breach of contract- seeing as how they don't abide by the constitution? Isn't that what they're getting paid to do, upholding the constitution?

Hire lawyers who are part of the problem to fix the problem? That's like hiring a nympho to teach a bunch of girls how not to become sluts. I remember an old joke, what do you call 500 lawyers and 500 politicians on the bottom of the ocean? A good start.

If anyone (OP) wants to fix the problems, what he is saying is a little plug in a huge seive, fixing a little lerak won't fix the problem, you have to start from the top down. The biggest problem which consumes almost half of all revenue the US, Canadian or any government receives through taxation, is servicing the interest on the debt with the local reserve bank, FED in the US, BOC in Canada. Dismantle the FED, you literally get rid of the IRS, dismantle the BOC, you get rid of the CRA, etc. etc. Funny thing from my research is that the IRS and the CRA are not government agencies, they are agencies of the associated reserve bank, which means they are NGO's with legislated power that has been given by governments through instruments of extortion demanded by the IMF/World Bank. Do the research, you'll be shocked.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I'm in agreement with you, but me thinks we've got as much chance of getting rid of the FED or the BOC as we do of winning the Powerball while getting struck by lightning as ETs standby taking pictures of it all to show their friend in orbit.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Thankfully there are many among us who recognize that we're responsible for our own lives and our own happiness. Our life is the result of choices we've made. We don't blame others.
What we do instead is make a cost versus benefit evaluation and make different choices when we desire a different outcome.

Let's not fall prey to being conformists when we have freedom of choice. It's our government, so they're our taxes, but we still have freedom of choice as to how we might fit into the overall scheme of things.
.When we put others in charge of our future, we often don't get what we want, and seldom what we deserve.
No matter how you slice it, these examples are government abuse.
Sometimes behind the scenes and behind closed doors, and sometimes right out there in the open.

They will persist as long as we allow it.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I'm in agreement with you, but me thinks we've got as much chance of getting rid of the FED or the BOC as we do of winning the Powerball while getting struck by lightning as ETs standby taking pictures of it all to show their friend in orbit.

I would also sort of agree, but a journey begins with the first step. CSIS and the government here don't like me much already, so I have returned a "shot" across their bow, I have invoiced Revenue Canada (the CRA) for regulatory and audit compliance, since they decided to audit me a sixth time in 12 years. I am just waiting for their response to my invoice so I can fire a form 193 at them and then get into arbitration with their boss, the BOC/IMF. If that doesn't work, I'll break down and maybe grab a lawyer if I can find one that isn't afraid of the IMF. In my estimation of the problem, the reality is I'll probably have to fight this myself.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/5.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Dang Dave! Remind me to never get your dander up. It sounds like you're loaded for bear and "ain't skeert" of a darn thing!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
set it on fire?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Dang Dave! Remind me to never get your dander up. It sounds like you're loaded for bear and "ain't skeert" of a darn thing!

Personally, I am tired of all the BS that comes from the government, all the excuses, the frauds I have been a direct witness to, the BOC ponzi scam, selective government programs for their friends and in general, the absolute waste (government employees get 182 paid sick days per year with nothing more than a phone call saying "I'm taking a mental health day" every two days). Afraid, no, I've been in firefights, hot zones, shot, died on the table, poisoned, bitten by a black widow spider and had 4 attempts on my life, plus the cdn consul/ambassador in Pretoria almost getting my entire family killed. Plus I have been burned by these asshats for $800k in 1986 the first time and $30m the second time in 1997-2001 (that involved direct university, stock market and government malfeasance/corruption/fraud). Am I pissed off, no, determined, yes. Do I want to see bankers and politicians pay for their crimes (politicians against their constituents), the constant treason, corruption, fraud and malfeasance, yer damn right I do!

Cheers - Dave
edit on 12/5.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianG
Maybe it is too late, but what the heck!

Next shop at local Mom & Pop stores and do not give your money to the mega corps (who buy all their stuff cheap from China)

Pay a local guy to fix your goods instead of going into debt to buy a brand new item.

And have a nice day

Wouldn't it be better for the economy if you spent all of your money like crazy on as much stuff as you could until you went broke, but not so broke that you had to give all your money towards paying off your debt instead of using it to buy more stuff?

Move more goods, create more jobs.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

In theory it sounds good, but why buy a product that is virtually the same for way more when you can buy it cheap? We're still under recession no?

If they are competitively cheaper than the mainstream stores, for sure go buy. But this also depends on what products they are selling and where they originated from.

Totally. If it ain't broke don't fix it, and don't buy a new one unless you really NEED it rather than WANT it. Put needs before wants.

Agree

Here's my advice, get in the habit of paying things with cash preferably or your debit card. Having a credit card doesn't mean you have money but gives you the permission that you'll pay at a later time when you do have the money plus interest(most likely). If you want to buy something big consumer item, save up for it. Yes, it's just painful to wait for something, but you'll save on the interest. Compound Interest is your ENEMY! Keep a savings account of 3-6 months worth of your income for those dire emergencies. AND I don't mean "a new phone just came out and I have to buy it" type of emergencies. Pay down any debt as fast and as much as possible. Then, save for your retirement (10% of take home pay at least, or whatever you can afford). Invest, but don't put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify! Diversify! Diversify! Invest in things that will pay you, and not in the near future, on an annual basis.

Oh and if you DO want to spend on something worthwhile, since we all deserve to treat ourselves and those around us once in awhil, spend it on experiences rather than things. Things can get old real quick, but memories last forever.

I'm not sure but, just because something is made outside of China, it shouldn't constitute it as better. Two of the exact same products using the same exact materials should be the same. Maybe it could be defects in the design? I'm just shooting ideas

I haven't read this book, so I can't say. I have it currently and have heard good things. I hope this isn't spam or wrong to say what the book is called
"The 4-hour workweek". As well if you have a skill, try to make a small business out of it. Become an entrepreneur. Start small, like within the community and then grow from there. You don't have to be the next Bill Gates or Richard Branson, but the extra income helps. Also you'll be put into the bracket of local business. The more small/local businesses, the more we all can compete against the monopolies and oligopolies of the world. The small must connect and learn to cooperate as one in order to become something bigger than their individual selves. Free yourself.

Read read read, but make sure you practice what you read or else there is point. TAKE ACTION! Watch TED, inspire yourself. Never stop learning. Help others and teach but don't preach, understand the difference between the two. Collaborate with others since we can't make it in this world alone. WE must work together. It's either we "live together or die alone" (Lost quote). Make mistakes, learn from them. Fail and succeed.
These are my opinions, so take it how you will.

edit on 12/6/2012 by CloudDreamer because: more knowledge spewing

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

Originally posted by BrianG
How to save your country from financial doom.

Clone Ron Paul and replace every member of Congress.

Great suggestions but personal spending habits are not imploding governments. Its the politicians with their legacy of countless failed programs and reckless spending.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The concept that China = Low quality is actually quite antiquated. Maybe if you were typing this in the 70's-early 90's you'd have a leg to stand on.

Nowadays however Chinese industry standards are actually exceptionally high for more or less everything you'd wish to buy from them. So, by buying American you'd be putting yourself at no quality advantage but at a significant price disadvantage.

If you want change, you need to go ahead and increase import tax which directly reflects in the price of the end-product and use the taxes raised from this to subsidise local industries, rather than fighting illegal wars in third world countries.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
To stop this Financial crisses we would have to go back to 1994. When NAFTA was signed into effect. (North America Free Trade). That is when our leaders doomed the working class. The crisses is not something that has happend overnight, and it will take just as long to get through it. There is no fixing it, only facing it will get us back on track.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Create an INTERNATIONAL living wage. This would level the playing field for labor and bolster economic growth worldwide. Any country not paying the living wage would not be allowed to export goods into countries elsewhereIn other words, we should no longer allow corporations to exploit workers ANYWHERE. In effect we would protect workers everywhere. It could be initiated by an international treaty.

edit on 6-12-2012 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

It is to late, but don't fret most of the things you speak of will come about.
It will come about because, you will have no choice in the matter.

new topics

top topics

join