It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again... Police say Teen handcuffed in back of squad car shot himself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm sure many of you recall the story earlier this year about the Arkansas man that died from a gun shot whilst handcuffed in the back of a squad car. The police say they searched the man but apparently did not find the gun that he apparently used to shoot himself........while still handcuffed.
ATS - Arkansas Story
Now we get the same exact story from Houston.

News Story

A handcuffed Houston-area high school student shot himself in the head Wednesday while in the back of a police car, officials said. The student was rushed to Ben Taub Hospital. His condition was not released, but officials said he was conscious and breathing when he was transported, Click2Houston.com reported. No one else was hurt. The incident began when police were called to North Shore Senior High School in unincorporated Harris County to investigate a report of a student with a firearm, said Capt. Jon Moore with the Harris County Constable Precinct 3. Advertise | AdChoices The student was searched, handcuffed behind his back and placed in the back of a patrol car but apparently still had a gun, Moore said. The student then shot himself, Galena Park Independent School District officials said.

So either there is something else going on here, something sinister, or we have some very incompetent police work.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tpsreporter

What are the odds of that happening twice?????

Good catch OP!

Cops should always do a thorough pat down, so it appears to me that no matter how the cops spin their story, they are responsible for this persons death because they are INCOMPETENT to perform their duties....

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The caliber (no pun intended) of police work is far below standards....This is aparent across the country.
The cities and municiplities have to stop hiring goons to enforce their laws....
These idiots need to go back to basic policing 101...take their badges.........
Charge them with negligent homicide

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
They did recover the gun in the first incident. Shoddy police work either way not discovering the gun, but the first incident while odd was certainly possible. I tried it with a set of cuffs and a baby Glock with the slide removed sitting on the couch. It wasn't pleasant but it was possible. I can see how they missed the gun in the first incident as they had the man sit in the car before he was searched. Responding to a call about a firearm and not thoroughly searching is inexcusable.
edit on 5-12-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
It sometimes happens due to lax police procedures.. Case in point, this guy was a cop killer and they didnt even sufficiently search him for weapons, he shot himself in the interrogation room.
The cops released the video, so the public would see that they didnt do it.

Liveleak

I know he wasnt cuffed but still, where theres a will theres a way.
edit on 12/7/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wow and I was just watching a story on a girl that got framed over sum dumb cop who could stop bumping into people and they caught everything on a mic and camara. So dum that a couple of well respected even some looked up to people would put everything on the line for a dumb friend

new topics

top topics

join