It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious always challenge: Prove there's no god.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mortisflash

Steps two and three in your parody contradicted each other

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
The one absolute is existence itself. If there is a god, that is it. Any definition you, as a subjective individual, make of the absolute is inherently false. There is no right or wrong. Hell is a state of believing there is. Heaven is a state of nonduality. God is what is prior to definition. God is what allowed for the defining mechanism, life, to occur. Nonduality is existence prior to definition.

In truth,, the word, "god" is just another label with a subjective meaning. God is not something you can accurately label or define because if there really is a god, it is absolute. You will never know God because you are a human and humans are only capable of seeing in human subjective terms. But what you can do is stop defining existence. If you can realize that you don't even know what you yourself are, then you will see God.

God cannot be known. God is and always will be a mystery. You are not what you think you are, nor are you what anyone thinks you are. You just are. Everything just is. That is the one and only absolute. That is the only thing that qualifies to receive the label, "god".

I laugh inside, because there are atheists who are closer to "god" than some religious people. The greatest irony of all time.
edit on 7-12-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
The religious like to state that because we don't know how the universe began, or how life got its start, this proves that there is a god. Though there is no connection there, I decided to use that same mentality to do what the religious always challenge of atheists: Prove there ISN'T a god. Well, I'll give two reasons for now and I hope others will come up with more.

1. Wisdom teeth. Why would a god create wisdom teeth when there's usually no room in the mouth for them? Most people have to have them removed. Mine were excruciating!

2. If you believe that Adam and Eve were real, and that god created them, why would Adam (or any man today) have nipples?

These two conditions prove that our human design is far from being created by some perfect god.

Have you ever contemplated that the world is in a state of decay not a state of evolution. Look at the Babylonian/Egyptian cultures. Pyramids, Math, Space, The Mayan Calendar. There was a more advanced race on this planet but it was us. How do you resolve this conflict? The tower of Babel possibly the great pyramid?

The bible says that man did indeed reach a very advanced state technologically but then God separated them and made them speak different languages.

Possibly how we ended up with different races. Through God's foreknowledge he knew that would be a stumbling block to humanity.

You science folks want to believe this world is older than 6000 years because it is the only faith you have. And I am sorry it is absolutely improvable that the world is more than 6000 years old. Every dating method is significantly flawed and based on assumptions. Not scientific Theory at all.

No missing links in the fossil records (Yes I have seen some of the claims but they are still based on assumtions)
No model for origins
Flawed dating methods

I look at the planet, and universe in awe. I look at the complexity of life and am amazed. Love. All of these things prove to me that what we see is by design. Nothing builds itself, everything built must have a builder. Its quite simple actually. It fits all known scientific laws so there must be a builder.

I hope someday you get to see what I see. I am who I am today solely through my faith in God. And that works for me.
edit on 7-12-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i'll end this debate right now

do you honestly think this:

came from that:

and that a million years of this:

mating with that:

would produce this:

what are you literally smoking. if you can honestly believe that with a straight face, there is zero hope for you.

I starred you for the lols. This was priceless.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

You will never know God because you are a human and humans are only capable of seeing in human subjective terms.

Yes you can know God, he chose to reveal himself as Jesus. You can know God through his teachings as Christ. That's part of his mission when he came here.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Wisdom teeth are there to appear as new teeth when your old teeth have fallen out.
Men have nipples because everyone starts off as female in the womb.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by boncho

exactly, it doesn't take millions of years to create life like evolutionists say.

maybe you should go to africa and waste your life looking for the missing link.

not even a human missing link, a missing link for any of the 8 million species on earth. surely there's got to be one.

just one. but there isn't.

Well by the term 'missing link' I assume you mean a transient fossil showing species changing through time......Of which there are countless examples. en.wikipedia.org...
Including many examples showing human evolution from other primates en.wikipedia.org...

Your challenge of finding just one, seems to suggest you have a serious lack of education about the subject.

Evolution should not even be considered science.

First in order for evolution to be possible both male and female must have evolved at exactly the same time. Modern science has proven that although all life is 98-99% the same no two species can breed. And in the rare case where two slightly different animals can breed the young produced are infertile. Further damaging the claim of Evolution.

One of the websites actually claim that two separate humanoids evolved in separate locations. One in Africa and one in Europe. The claim continues that the humanoids from Africa went and mated with the Neanderthals in Europe. Current science theory, real science, suggests that this is simply not possible.

In order to believe in Evolution we must throw out all known science, you know the stuff that is formulated by scientific theory, and start down the path of assumption. Starts sounding like this.

Although we cannot reproduce any of the hundreds of complex situations that we believe would cause evolution we still believe it. Although every piece of evidence we provide is based on at least one of these assumptions we will call it fact. This is the theory of evolution, quite circular don't you think?

You see Evolution is not science. Evolution is a belief in Origins and development that is based on assumptions and best guesses, based on what is observed without the need for scientific theory to prove the first assumption is even possible.

As a Christian who believes in a young earth, literal creation story from Genesis, I find it impossible to debate anything. My beliefs are not so hard lined that they could not change based on irrefutable evidence, simply none has been provided. I spent about 2 years studding evolution intently. I came to realize that we have no proof that Evolution is even possible, adaptation sure but evolution no.

I know for a fact that God is real; this is not debatable in my mind. Everything built must have a builder. Thus modern science and scientific theory would suggest that DNA must have been designed by a builder. Creation or Evolution/ID, it doesn't matter. Currently there are only two answers for DNA, God or I don't know. You can continue to ignore the blatantly, in your face, obvious truth that there is a builder. Or you can simply sit there bewildered saying I don't know.

Evolutionists look at the world through the lens of evolution. And because of this everything they see points to Evolution. While outnumbered creationist look at the exact same experiment and the exat same result and see how it fits within the bounds of being created. In my opinion to rule out a creator when looking at results is simply bad science, since good science points to a builder.

edit on 8-12-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Why do creationists always claim to have researched evolution (intensely, for 2 years
) and then immediately show they haven't spent two minutes looking into it......

Originally posted by sacgamer25

First in order for evolution to be possible both male and female must have evolved at exactly the same time. Modern science has proven that although all life is 98-99% the same no two species can breed. And in the rare case where two slightly different animals can breed the young produced are infertile. Further damaging the claim of Evolution.

On some level you must know that you really don't know much about evolution or science, only that you hate it or indeed anything that threatens your beliefs to the point where you'd rather lie about it rather than actually consider it.

Most people are not this irrational, and that's probably why you creationists are so outnumbered.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join