It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious always challenge: Prove there's no god.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
The religious like to state that because we don't know how the universe began, or how life got its start, this proves that there is a god. Though there is no connection there, I decided to use that same mentality to do what the religious always challenge of atheists: Prove there ISN'T a god. Well, I'll give two reasons for now and I hope others will come up with more.

1. Wisdom teeth. Why would a god create wisdom teeth when there's usually no room in the mouth for them? Most people have to have them removed. Mine were excruciating!

2. If you believe that Adam and Eve were real, and that god created them, why would Adam (or any man today) have nipples?

These two conditions prove that our human design is far from being created by some perfect god.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Prove to me there isn't a God. Right, that's because you can't.

Goes both ways. There is more evidence of God or a higher power than there is no God.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The appendix and humans born with tails comes to mind.

It seems quite clear to me that religion was mans primitive attempt at understanding. Science is our continued, modern way of understanding. Religion remains because of superstition, tradition and fear.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm a Christian...

but this is a false premise.
You can't prove a negative.

You can provide evidence to suggest that something negative may be the correct belief, but you can't prove the non-existence of something without omniscience... and somehow I doubt any of us qualify.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

In your opinion, right? Where are these proofs?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
so you're saying God doesn't exist because a man has nipples.

what do nipples have to do with anything.

i think i've heard it all.

evolutionists say that it took millions of years to create man, a woman does it nine months.

so God creating man in a day from a single cell is not hard to imagine.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

evolutionists say that it took millions of years to create man, a woman does it nine months.

And bacteria reproduce in seconds.

All hail the lord single cell bacteria...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican

In your opinion, right? Where are these proofs?

I didn't give an opinion. I gave a statement.

You want proof?

Neuroscientist Says He Experienced Life After Death

The fact that his brain was completely shut down all the way down to the stem, there's no possible way that he could have been able to have visions or anything at all while he was in a coma. None of the regions in his brain were active, for those things to have taken place but they did. As a Neuroscientist, once a skeptic has completely changed his life and now he is a believer.

That's just one of the many. Like I said, earlier; There's more proof that God or some kind of afterlife exist rather than nothing at all.

I don't need even need 'proof' myself to know that God exist. I just have to go outside, interact with people and understand why people are the way they are and why were are here on this planets in order to make sense of all and that's how I came to the conclusion that God or some kind of after life is real and I believe in whole heartily 100%. I've even experienced a vision of my own earlier this year that had to do with 'Two Worlds' that others apparently had visions of but couldn't find the information over the Internet when I looked. If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Mind you, I believe in a god far more expansive and pervasive than any mainstream god...

Despite that, I have to say: In no aspect of the scientific process or logical reasoning process does one EVER EVER EVER EVER prove a negative.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

exactly, it doesn't take millions of years to create life like evolutionists say.

maybe you should go to africa and waste your life looking for the missing link.

not even a human missing link, a missing link for any of the 8 million species on earth. surely there's got to be one.

just one. but there isn't.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

Goes both ways. There is more evidence of God or a higher power than there is no God.

I offered proof of 2 imperfect designs. Now please offer ANY evidence of a god. Thnx.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Mind you, I believe in a god far more expansive and pervasive than any mainstream god...

Despite that, I have to say: In no aspect of the scientific process or logical reasoning process does one EVER EVER EVER EVER prove a negative.

I'm with you on that. I believe in no Mainstream God as well but I do believe in a Higher Power or a Creator of some sort.

Science is what it is and it's quite impossible to proof something supernatural and non existent in our current reality. I guess that's why we have logic on one side of our brain, and spirituality on the other. So our brain naturally knows that there is something more to this life we are living. I do however believe Science is still at it's infancy age and has a long ways to go.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I would hardly call that proof. That is a claim of a personal experiance. I am not trying to say there is nothing I am just saying there really is no PROOF one way or the other. I too see ID in everything.
edit on 5-12-2012 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
so you're saying God doesn't exist because a man has nipples.

what do nipples have to do with anything.

i think i've heard it all.

so God creating man in a day from a single cell is not hard to imagine.

Randomname, I question everything that falls short in explanations. First, think about why a perfect god would put nipples on man? And, I'll work on why evolution didn't get rid of them. See? This is a flaw in thinking on both sides of the table.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well first of all, you can't even prove that there is a God, so how on earth do you expect anyone to prove that there isn't one. I am getting sick of atheists attacking religious types and vice-versa. As far as I'm concerned you're both wrong. I don't care what you believe as long as you believe in something. Quitcha b tchin! What do you care what someone else believes anyways? That just goes to show how arrogant both sides are. Get over yourselves!
edit on 5/12/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
I don't care what you believe as long as you believe in something.

What if it's correct to actually believe in nothing?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
I'm a Christian...

but this is a false premise.
You can't prove a negative.

I quite agree. But, why do the religious always say, Prove that god doesn't exist. We always say, we can't prove that unicorns don't exist, but we know they don't exist.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

If you believe that Adam and Eve were real, and that god created them, why would Adam (or any man today) have nipples?

I would say a belly button would be more of a mystery... considering that would mean something had to have been attached to said place on the body at some point...

Then again, your question is based on artwork of mythical people that likely didn't ever exist in the first place...

link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
reply to post by jiggerj

Well first of all, you can't even prove that there is a God, so how on earth do you expect anyone to prove that there isn't one. I am getting sick of atheists attacking religious types and vice-versa. As far as I'm concerned you're both wrong. I don't care what you believe as long as you believe in something. Quitcha b tchin! What do you care what someone else believes anyways? That just goes to show how arrogant both sides are. Get over yourselves!
edit on 5/12/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

You're the one getting your panties in a bunch. Did you happen to notice that you're the one b tchin.

link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

I offered proof of 2 imperfect designs. Now please offer ANY evidence of a god. Thnx.

Okay I'll bite;

1. Adam and Eve is purely fiction.

Cardinal Pell said the existence of Adam and Eve was not a matter of science but rather a mythological account.

"It's a very sophisticated mythology to try to explain the evil and the suffering in the world," he said.

"It's a religious story told for religious purposes."

Many believe the Bible has been manipulated and man made, that doesn't surprise me.

2. Not everybody gets Wisdom teeth. I still haven't gotten mine yet and I'm 24. There are many imperfections in our life, one must see the imperfections in order to see the perfections. It's a balance of some sort. You really going to base Gods Imperfections on Widsom teeth? Really? There's many other things in this World that are so beautiful and complex and yet so perfect. Life is complex, everything can't be perfect. Just like when you draw a circle no matter hard hard you try it will never be a perfect circle but it still represent a circle right?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join