It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God do Satan’s bidding?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNutjob
[
The carnage caused by Satan on the earth is only temporary (God permits Satan a period of time to cause mayhem, this allows God to determine who his true children are). The death of Job's family is heartbreaking and Job feels a great deal of sorrow but in the grand scheme of eternity it will become long forgotten. I refer you to the following passage:

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28)

Justice delayed is justice denied and Satan was condemned a long time ago yet as you say, God just let him loose to do more damage instead of implementing that sentence.

We should let our criminals lose to do the same then. As above so below.

Your reply shows clearly the double standard you use with God thus showing that your morals have been compromised by your religion.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

You seem to have the misconception that God is a human.

God is not a human.

Hope that clears it up.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

[
The carnage caused by Satan on the earth is only temporary (God permits Satan a period of time to cause mayhem, this allows God to determine who his true children are). The death of Job's family is heartbreaking and Job feels a great deal of sorrow but in the grand scheme of eternity it will become long forgotten. I refer you to the following passage:

Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell. (Matthew 10:28)

Justice delayed is justice denied and Satan was condemned a long time ago yet as you say, God just let him loose to do more damage instead of implementing that sentence.

Your reply shows clearly the double standard you use with God thus showing that your morals have been compromised by your religion.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

You are sitting in judgement of God? (The God as described in the bible)

Good luck with that!

Justice is not delayed at all, Satan still has some more wicked acts to fulfill before his final judgement.

You should be thankful that God is patient with you 'Greatest I am', particularly given the title that you have assumed.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

God is not a human.

Hope that clears it up.

Nowhere do I say that God is a human.

If he were, the Haig would put him on trial for genocide.

Why do you think your God is hiding away in fear and shame somewhere if not for that?

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

[

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

Good luck with that!

Justice is not delayed at all, Satan still has some more wicked acts to fulfill before his final judgement.

You should be thankful that God is patient with you 'Greatest I am', particularly given the title that you have assumed.

As above so below.

You would let a human judge differ a rapist's sentence if he had a few more rapes within him to do.

Quite a sense of justice there friend proving that your morals have been compromised by your religion.

Thanks for proving my point.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

God is not a human.

Hope that clears it up.

Nowhere do I say that God is a human.

If he were, the Haig would put him on trial for genocide.

Why do you think your God is hiding away in fear and shame somewhere if not for that?

Regards
DL

The fact that you think God is hiding...the fact that you think God experiences fear....the fact that you think God experiences shame....the fact that you think God is responsible for genocide....these are ALL human qualities. These are human words and concepts created by humans to explain human actions.

This following quote is a direct quote from a man during a past life regression conducted by Brian Weiss MD. (Dr. Weiss is a graduate of Columbia University and Yale Medical School, and is Chairman Emeritus of Psychiatry at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami.)
The man experiencing the PLR had gone back into a life as a native in Central America hundreds of years ago. He saw himself as an astronomer, tracking celestial bodies with great precision and understanding. He was a very wise man who worked close with the tribal government and observed how they manipulated the people with religion. This is the wisdom he took away from his life as this ancient astronomer:

"How can gods be as petty and foolish as people? When I observe the heavens and the beautiful harmony of the sun and the moon, the planets and the stars...how can such intelligence, such wisdom, be petty and foolish at the same time? It makes no sense. We give these so-called gods our qualities. Fear, anger, jealousy, hatred - these are ours and we project them onto these gods. I believe the real god is far beyond human emotions. The real god does not need our rituals and sacrifices."
edit on 10-12-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I do understand where you are coming from though.
But I sincerely think you have a misconstrued conception of what God truly is.
You think God is exactly what most Christians think God is....this 'being' that overlooks all of our actions...that condemns us...sends us to hell...judges us...kills people...
Chances are you were taught about a vengeful God. A God we should fear. A God that smites people. A God that hates gays.
You are correct to disbelieve this version of God. But that doesn't mean that that is the only way to intellectualize the concept of God.
I was very much in the same boat of you for most of my life. Up until just a few years ago I was very angry at God. I mean, shoot, I prayed to God every night when I was a little kid for God to save my grandpa during his heart disease, and yet God still killed my grandpa! How could God do this to me? How could he let my friends suffer? How can God let my 13 year old friend die of cancer while we were in 8th grade? How could there still be wars? How could God let this happen???
So I thought about all of that for a long time. I refused to accept Christianity (what I had been raised as.) I refused to accept any religion. But I still wanted to understand, so I kept searching.
I have read all kinds of texts. Some religious, some scientific, some spiritual. Hindu. Buddhist. Christian. Pagan. Egyptian. Mayan. Taoist. Existentialist. Atheist. Quantum Physics. New Age. Whatever.
It doesn't really seem to matter where the person is coming from, or when they even existed...it seems pretty universal that all human beings want is to love and be loved.

To me: God is a vibrational energy that permeates every single space within the Universe. This physical Universe is merely one dimension of God, experienced within the three dimensionality of space and time. All physical reality is made up of vibrations, which are made of light. It even emits it's own frequency (Om.) These vibrations exist also beyond the physical realm, but it is only within this realm that the vibrations are slowed down enough to take physical form. To become 'matter." Our thoughts are made of the same energy, the same vibration. Thus, our thoughts are our 'manifest machines.' Our vibrational thoughts commingle with the vibrations of the universe. Since the universe is a sentient life form of its own, it reacts to our thoughts. (This is 'prayer.' Every thought is a prayer. That is why we must be careful what energy we produce.) There are other 'being's that exist beyond our physical realm, as well. Some call them angels. Some call them demons. Some call them aliens. They exist in a realm that we exist in as well, we have just temporarily (yet voluntarily) chosen to forgo from remembering that aspect of ourselves as we reside within these human bodies. Our human vessels. We have chosen to come into this existence in order to learn lessons. These lessons include, but are not limited to: compassion, empathy, love, sacrifice, charity, hope, faith, and personal power. Many times, 'unfortunately', these lessons come at a great price. We must suffer. We must feel pain. We must feel loneliness and regret and anger and heartbreak. We must witness war and violence and separation. We must experience these feelings, for how else would we know what we truly need, want, desire? (i.e. Love)
Imagine God as a mountain. Now, a mountain is not just one rock, one stone. It is made of many stones, everything from tiny pebbles to enormous boulders. But each are equally as significant as the rest when it comes to seeing the Mountain. Sometimes we could zoom so close to one little pebble, or one little rocky area, that we even forget that we are still on the mountain. We may even forget or deny the mountain exists. And, as one pebble may say, "There is no mountain! I've never seen a mountain, thus how can it exist?" Yet, it would take backing up, possibly miles and miles, in order to see the entire mountain. The grand picture. And, regardless of the fact that the pebble does not believe in the mountain...he is still a part of the mountain.

Yet, sometimes we must feel the sense of isolation, of separation...of loneliness, despair, regret. We must experience this so we can consciously choose to raise ourselves higher. To be brighter. To get closer back to the source. To re-membering who we are. To choose Love. And then pass on what we have learned to others, to help give them hope as they go through their own lessons, their own experience.

"Everything perfect in the universe, even your desire to improve it."
-Dr. Wayne Dyer

Good luck on your path.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
One personality influencing the other which ultimately ended in the deity acting on thought.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

[

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

Good luck with that!

As above so below.

You would let a human judge differ a rapist's sentence if he had a few more rapes within him to do.

Quite a sense of justice there friend proving that your morals have been compromised by your religion.

Thanks for proving my point.

Regards
DL

The temporary sufferings in this mortal body pale into insignificance compared to eternal damnation.

Once again...

Fear not him who can destroy the body, but fear him who can destroy both body and soul in hell.

I will take my chances with a rapist, a murderer even a genocidal maniac, but not God. My soul is too valuable.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadLights
One personality influencing the other which ultimately ended in the deity acting on thought.

Yes and doing Satan's work of increasing evil.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

[

The temporary sufferings in this mortal body pale into insignificance compared to eternal damnation.

Once again...

Fear not him who can destroy the body, but fear him who can destroy both body and soul in hell.

I will take my chances with a rapist, a murderer even a genocidal maniac, but not God. My soul is too valuable.

What you are taking a chance with is that you think that God will allow those with your poor moral sense into heaven.

Think again for the first time.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

[

Once again...

What you are taking a chance with is that you think that God will allow those with your poor moral sense into heaven.

Regards
DL

Why do I have poor moral sense? What do you base it on? Your own reasoning or somebody else?

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

[

Once again...

Regards
DL

Why do I have poor moral sense? What do you base it on? Your own reasoning or somebody else?

I base it on the fact that any who follow a genocidal son murdering God have a poor sense of morality.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

[

Once again...

Regards
DL

I base it on the fact that any who follow a genocidal son murdering God have a poor sense of morality.

It was God's plan from the beginning to have Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit. This can be demonstrated by the fact that the bible says that Jesus "was crucified from the foundations of the Earth," that is to say, God planned to crucify Jesus as atonement for sin before he even created human beings or God damned sin.

If God had not intended humans to sin from the beginning, why did he build into the Creation this "solution" for sin? Why create a solution for a problem you do not anticipate?

God knew that the moment he said "don't eat from that tree," the die was cast. The eating was inevitable. Eve was merely following the plan.

This then begs the question.

What kind of God would plan and execute the murder of his own son when there was absolutely no need to?

Only an insane God. That’s who.

The cornerstone of Christianity is human sacrifice, thus showing it‘s immorality.

One of Christianity's highest form of immorality is what they have done to women.
They have denied them equality and subjugated them to men.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

Now I see where you are coming from and you are thinking from a humanistic point of view. The death of the physical body is of little importance, the final journey of the soul is all that matters.

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." (2 Cor 4:18)

You will never understand the bible from a humanistic point of view.

Only by the spirit can you have an eternal perspective and understand the true nature of God:

"But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God's deep secrets." (1 Cor 2:10)

If you are going to use God's word to make an attack on his character at least do it in the context of the entire message of the bible. Don't cherry pick to suit your own agenda, it is unproductive when you are trying to convince someone that knows the bible inside out.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Of course I think from a human POV. I am human. Aren't you?

I have a political nature as well as a spiritual one and both tell me that human sacrifice and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty is immoral.

Which of your natures tell you it is moral?

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Of course I think from a human POV. I am human. Aren't you?

I have a political nature as well as a spiritual one and both tell me that human sacrifice and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty is immoral.

Which of your natures tell you it is moral?

Regards
DL

My nature is irrelevant, my viewpoint is skewed by my own flesh.

I am human also but I have received the gift of the holy spirit and it teaches me the nature of God and who he is. Without God's holy spirit I am merely a husk, I am dead in my sins.

How can anyone have any spiritual insight without God's Holy Spirit?

In my natural state before receiving God's Holy Spirit I was:

A liar, a thief, envious, bitter, selfish, greedy, debaucherous and I did not know God.

The word of God can only come to life through God's Holy Spirit. The word of God is also known as the 'Sword of the Spirit'.

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. (Hebrews 4:12-13)

The word of God will be your judge. Stop looking at morality from a humanistic viewpoint.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Not surprised that you do not want your genocidal son murderers morals judged. You do not have any and neither does he.

www.youtube.com...

Your double standard shows how your holy spirit and religion has corrupted your morals.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Not surprised that you do not want your genocidal son murderers morals judged. You do not have any and neither does he.

www.youtube.com...

Your double standard shows how your holy spirit and religion has corrupted your morals.

Regards
DL

You are certianly entitled to your opinion even if it is wrong.

God created life and he can take it away. From dust you came and to dust you shall return!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Now you show God as an Indian giver and you adore such a prick even more for that bit of immorality again showing your double standard.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Now you show God as an Indian giver and you adore such a prick even more for that bit of immorality again showing your double standard.

Regards
DL

Not at all. I am grateful for the life that he has given me, you should be too.

He was not obligated to create you.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join