It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have memories that my Mother says never happened to me. Could this have been from a past-life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I traveled to Nova Scotia while I was in grade three (I graduated in 2010) to visit family, but my mother said the whale watching never happened, so I can't understand why I have this memory. I have vivid memories of whale watching on a boat over the ocean, they were within a couple feet of the boat. I can still smell the ocean when I think of this, and hear the release of air from a blow-hole when one whale surfaced, and the water splashed up to my face. I can still see the ocean waves and have memories of going to a light-house restaurant afterwards. I could have swore this was all real but I brought it up to my Mother one time and she reassures me that we never went whale watching.

I know people can "make up" memories by placing different ones together. But this one is like a movie in my head. I feel very nostalgic when I think about it too..

What do you guys think? Am I crazy? Or could this may have been a past-life memory?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Certainly not crazy.

this is my idea - what is happening is you are remembering a dream which your brain cannot separate from reality - it must have been that lucid and vivid a dream that your brain has stored it as a conscious memory.

Thats my reasoning behind it :-) - would be interested in hearing other peoples.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Could be from a lucid dream. Do you have clear memories of getting on the boat, and leaving it? Who else was with you on this boat? Etc.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I remember when I was about four or five, I had a dream about when my mom and dad got married. Right down to exactly what they was wearing. They were married for about a year before I was born. I told her about the dream and she showed me the pictures. I had never seen them before the dream. Makes me wonder if I was looking in before being born at who my parents would be.

edit on 5-12-2012 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The other thing I believe is.

Every cell in your body has a nucleus, or a brain, so I think its possible for these cells to store memories - so when you are born you are able to take your parents and ancestors memories.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

I actually don't remember getting on the boat, just being on it and experiencing it all! I remember getting off and going to the lighthouse restaurant for lobster dinner.. I remember my mother being beside me on the boat though. Orange life vests on and everything..

A lucid dream?? I don't know.. I could have sworn I was really, positively there! Thanks though!

new topics

top topics

join