It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd noises in sky...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Okay I wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone else has heard or experienced the same thing...dunno if this is the right section..but here it goes. For about 7 years now, in the early mornings usually between 2am and 6am there is a very odd noise in the sky. I live in the outskirts of Orlando Fl rt near the airport. Now before anyone posts that these noises are echoes from the airport and aircraft coming and going let me just shoot that theory rt in the head. After 2 am there is NO commercial air traffic coming to or from OIA (Orlando Int'l Airport). I have worked at the airport for about 5 years and have verified this with the control towers. I do not live near any major roadways and the area I'm in is virtually devoid of vehicular traffic after 2am. This noise periodically happens, more often than not. The best way I can describe it is like if you heard a fighter plane whooshing by. It has a small sound like that of an engine but an overall "whoosh" sound which is steady. Now I have tried to observe trees and bushes to explain that it may be wind but the trees are usually dead still. When I stand in one place the sound usually sounds that it is traveling in random directions front to side to back to font to side, etc. All the while maintaining volume and intensity. It is almost like whatever is making this noise is darting wildly through the air. This sound has been experienced by many of my friends as well as some neighbors. I have attempted to catch the noise on audio tape however the ambient background noise drowns it out. It usually persists for about 5 minutes then disappears. I have not seen any high flying aircraft or seen anything like a UFO accompanying this noise...I'm just absolutley baffled. Any theories or similar experiences out there?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
no one?...theories?....o well I guess I am doomed to be stumped...lol

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Could it be a television from a neighbors house? Do you live in the suburbs? Highway traffic maybe?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
no...the highway is a distance from us...and sometimes you can hear the occasional speeder ona motorcycle on the highway...however this sound is almost right on top of us...I can safely say it isn't a tv...it is happening directly overhead and moves in wild patterns....

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
i used to live in bradenton, FL and heard about the same thing near bradenton, sarasota air port does it sound like a low level sonic boom or something like that

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
not quite...have you ever heard a fighter jet pass you at a distance? the rushing and very slight rumbling....you can feel it in your bones almost. The weird thing is it sounds like it is right on top of you and it is zipping back and forth, left and right. If you talk wihile its going on you can drown it out..but if you listen its like it is right there almost like surround sound...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I live in Middlesex - UK and there have been loads of unexplained sounds. Like millions of crickets, it will go on for 30 seconds really loud.... then stop.. wierd as hell

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
A place I used to live at would sometimes have a weird noise in the backyard. We called it the vortex, as the sound sounded like the name suggests. Also kind of similar to the sound of swinging a rope around above your head real fast. It was similar to your noise in regards to it sounding as if it was overhead. Although on one occasion the noise seemed to be coming from a certain direction, so we went over to where we thought it was coming from, only for the sound to then seem as if it was coming from the direction we just came from. No matter where we stood in the yard it would play opposites with us. Man I used to love that vortex.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
that is prolly the closest description to what i've heard...vortices eh?... now there wasn't any wind or anything involved was there?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
take a camera out and just shoot pictures see if anything shows up.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Florida's near the Bermuda Triangle. Do some research on that and you should find loads of reports of strange objects in the sky.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
do you live near power lines or cell towers? btw, diehard, where do u get those sign things?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
cell towers no..standard transfer lines yes...however this is heard in multiple locations...not just my house...I can say i have heard it at different locations within a 10 mile radius.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Paladin327:

www.danasoft.com

top topics

join