It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went to Social Security office in Texas and didn't hear English spoken for 30 minutes

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by missed_gear

You? Still no answer. ????

You never spent any of your time in life in the 'service" otherwise you would not allow me to call you a liar, cheat and thief.

C'mon devil dog,,,you are called out,

MG
edit on 9-12-2012 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2012 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cornczech

This is the conquest of the strong by the weak. In Amerika we do not defend our culture. In fact we pretend there is no such thing as Amerikan culture while we bend over backwards to defend and support foreign cultures. If you resist the destruction of your way of life you are racist. The people who run things understand what they are doing by refusing to enforce some kind of language standards, they are telling you that your government is not on your side.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's ironic that immigrants come here because of how nice it is here, but we're forced to adapt so many things to make them feel welcome and pretty soon it's not the nice place they aspiried to live in, it's becoming the craphole place they couldn't wait to leave.

Back when the economy was good we used to vacation in Europe every 2 years. We'd go as a family and 30 of us would rent a bus with a driver and tour in comfort.

The first trip we took was in 1996, the last was in 2010.

In those 14 years we saw a pretty drastic change in Europe. In Germany you have a hard time getting German food now, it seems like every other place is either Italian or Ice cream.

We used to be able to tell where we were just by stepping off the bus, not so much now.

Multiculturalism is ruining the identity of just about every European country, and America is going through the same thing.

What is wrong with a country having an identity?
edit on 9-12-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Funny (Not really).
I lived in Chicago years back, and needed a new S.S. card.

Went to the office, 4 lines open for Spanish speaking, 1 line for Spanish/ English, 1 line for English.

I waited almost 4 hours and I speak English.

edit on 9-12-2012 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
Funny (Not really).

Went to the office, 4 lines open for Spanish speaking, 1 line for Spanish/ English, 1 line for English.

Thanks for posting this.

It's about time Americans realized that they are being RAPED by the trespassers from the South of the border. I mean, what does it take? People wake up already, you pay taxes which go to pay the illegals from Guatemala, El Salvador and Mexico?

Jesus Christ, man up already.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
It's ironic that immigrants come here because of how nice it is here, but we're forced to adapt so many things to make them feel welcome

There is nothing ironic. If they (or you) don't want to accept their new country for what it is, and what we love, they are always welcome to remain in the armpit otherwise known as Mexico, or other place like that that really sucks rabbit @ss. I don't want the US to become like Mexico. Sadly, it does in a lot of places. It's supposed to be a melting pot, not a breeding vat for one ethnicity.

edit on 9-12-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

It's ironic that immigrants come here because of how nice it is here, but we're forced to adapt so many things to make them feel welcome

There is nothing ironic. If they (or you) don't want to accept their new country for what it is, and what we love, they are always welcome to remain in the armpit otherwise known as Mexico, or other place like that that really sucks rabbit @ss. I don't want the US to become like Mexico. Sadly, it does in a lot of places. It's supposed to be a melting pot, not a breeding vat for one ethnicity.

edit on 9-12-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

I just wish that protecting our national identity wasn't labeled as racist.

2nd

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Protecting our National Identity is NOT racist. Those who say so say it hoping we'll back down, say it because they think they will make us look bad, say it for a great number of reasons, but it doesn't make it true.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oaktree
Funny (Not really).

edit on 9-12-2012 by Oaktree because: (no reason given)

This is ridiculous and should be un-acceptable. All other cultures speak english and we never had to change things for them. Even many of the Latinos that know English, refuse to speak it. That is arrogant and disrespectful. For one culture to change the face of the entire USA is an outrage. We have millions of illegals who have no desire to respect our laws or language. For our Government to continue catering to them when it is crystal cear that most people are against this is a slap in the face.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Protecting our National Identity is NOT racist. Those who say so say it hoping we'll back down, say it because they think they will make us look bad, say it for a great number of reasons, but it doesn't make it true.

I suppose it's the same reason a "Black Power" T shirt is AOK, but a "White Power" T shirt is racist.

So many double standards these days.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

It's supposed to be a melting pot, not a breeding vat for one ethnicity.

Exactly!!!!!!!!! That is the problem right there!!!! When immigrants come here, it is required that they learn English. There is no reason that the Spanish speaking population should be any different than any other foreign language speaker. No other culture ever demanded or expected that we speak 'their' language. And they wonder why they are picked on. And the other cultures don't understand either.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I suppose it's the same reason a "Black Power" T shirt is AOK, but a "White Power" T shirt is racist.

So many double standards these days.

Correct!!!!! Absolutely right! So don't let anyone get away with calling you racist or hateful or whtever colorful word they wish to come up with. You know in your heart what is true and what isn't.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I agree that people should learn the customs and language of the land the emigrate to. However, I also agree that people should preserve their own cultures as well. In this case, I suggest to the person who's infuriated by this situation that they should try and reach those people and teach them why it's important to learn the language. Also, display your love for your culture and at the same time, take some time to learn about the other individual's culture as well. Take this as an opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of other as well as your own life.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by falucho05
I agree that people should learn the customs and language of the land the emigrate to. However, I also agree that people should preserve their own cultures as well. In this case, I suggest to the person who's infuriated by this situation that they should try and reach those people and teach them why it's important to learn the language. Also, display your love for your culture and at the same time, take some time to learn about the other individual's culture as well. Take this as an opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of other as well as your own life.

There is nothing wrong with anyone wanting to preserve their own cultures. It is when an entire country has to cater to just one culture and make the host country's people change for them, that it is a huge problem. When we have to speak 'their language to get a job, their language to make an important phone call etc. it's just wrong.

Where I used to work, I tried expressing how important it was to speak english, I enjoyed learning about other people's cultures, I just don't want to be forced to speak a foreign language in my own country. I don't want to feel like a stranger in my own Country or feel as if I was the one who left 'my' country. They always insisted I 'had' to learn spanish!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
What planet do some of you people live on? America is and has always been the land of immigrants. Much of this sounds racists because it is racist.

I don't believe for a moment the OP is telling the truth. They may be speaking both English and Spanish, but I don't buy the claim he had to stand up for his American right to speak English.

Who care if they built a mosque in your city. Part of what makes America unique among other nations is the freedom which allows people of other religions to practice their religion/beliefs here in peace.

Immigrants are not destroying the "American Culture". The American Culture IS and has ALWAYS been the melting pot of the world.

Nationalists & Supremacists pose a greater threat to our traditional culture long before immigrants ever will.

Intolerance is the destroyer of nations.

Many of our greatest scientific achievements have been accomplished by immigrants. In fact, many of the products you use everyday were made by businesses started by immigrants.

Immigrants enrich, renew and sustain our culture. IT doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out. Then again a rocket scientist has proven my point. Afterall, it was an immigrant who designed the rocket which got us to the moon.

With the contribution immigrants have made over the course of history, our nation clearly would not have been as powerful as it is today without them.

If you don't understand this then you don't understand history.

But I have a feeling the real issue here for many people on this thread has less to do with immigrants in general and more to do with the color of their skin.
edit on 10-12-2012 by VonDinkinDunken because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
No more home baked pies on windows, no more American cars (only Japanese and Euro junk)...
That's why I won't move to the USA. It's not the USA from the 80's anymore.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by acteur8
No more home baked pies on windows, no more American cars (only Japanese and Euro junk)...
That's why I won't move to the USA. It's not the USA from the 80's anymore.

I lived in the 80's and don't remember ever seeing any homebaked pies in people windows. I do remember something like that in a Tom & Jerry cartoon though!

Yah, no, we do have American cars everywhere. My experience has taught me American cars turn to junk far quicker than Japanese cars. In the 80's European cars were far superior to American in quality.

You are correct, it's not the USA from the 80's. It is now the year 2012.9438.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by falucho05

There is nothing wrong with anyone wanting to preserve their own cultures. It is when an entire country has to cater to just one culture and make the host country's people change for them, that it is a huge problem. When we have to speak 'their language to get a job, their language to make an important phone call etc. it's just wrong.

Where I used to work, I tried expressing how important it was to speak english, I enjoyed learning about other people's cultures, I just don't want to be forced to speak a foreign language in my own country. I don't want to feel like a stranger in my own Country or feel as if I was the one who left 'my' country. They always insisted I 'had' to learn spanish!

Which "entire country" has to cater to just one culture?

Where were you unable to get a job b/c you didn't speak a certain language? Were you applying for a job which had a bilingual requirement?

What language is required to make important phone calls?

You feel like a stranger in your own country? Could this have more to do with social struggles you may have?

What evil person forced you to learn Spanish? I know people from third world countries who can speak more than 3 languages. How dare anyone require American to speak another language!! Still, I thought the US was one of the only nations left in the developed world where their citizens can only speak 1 language. Probably because our country gives people the choice to do so or not. Languages are hard to learn for most people and I can see why they don't want to put forth the effort.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VonDinkinDunken
What planet do some of you people live on? America is and has always been the land of immigrants. Much of this sounds racists because it is racist.

Some posts on ATS sound idiotic because they are idiotic.

I don't believe for a moment the OP is telling the truth.

Of course! you can always stick your head in the sand. You see, I live a long distance from Texas, but on the rare occasion I need to visit the Social Security here up the East Coast, the office is effing FLOODED by the Hispanics. Call me racist all you want but the word that comes to mind is "leeches", and illegal immigrants to boot.

Who care if they built a mosque in your city

I do. When we look at the REASONABLE nations like Switzerland, they hold a county VOTE before they build a mosque. I can also tell you how they voted. Well you guessed it right. Learn from the educated people already. Just... Don't.

For the record, Switzerland is one of the countries widely open to immigrants. Very organized, hardworking, nice people. They are open-minded, yet they don't allow their collective brain to fall out. Sadly, the US is a different story.

Part of what makes America unique among other nations is the freedom which allows people of other religions to practice their religion/beliefs here in peace.

That sounds just every bit as silly as I have ever seen on the Internet. Britain is one place where you could worship most anything. But wait, I don't want America to be "unique" in the first place, I just want it to be sane.

Immigrants are not destroying the "American Culture".

What rock are you living under? Just scan your radio. Half of the stations are Spanish. I like that language, actually, but one has to be effing stupid to claim that this is AOK.

The American Culture IS and has ALWAYS been the melting pot of the world.

It does not need to be the place where the American Culture is melting away. If you like Mexico so much, please pack up asap and just leave. I'm begging you. Just go.

Nationalists & Supremacists pose a greater threat to our traditional culture long before immigrants ever will.

We are the only reason this Nation still exists. Of course people who like to kiss Mexico in the @ss will disagree.

Many of our greatest scientific achievements have been accomplished by immigrants.

So true. I can tell you that Mexicans have displaced the citizens here in EVERY landscaping business you can find in the phone book. That's just so scientific.

Immigrants enrich, renew and sustain our culture.

I feel so damn enriched when a car rolls by, blaring salsa music. That's one Holy Grail of culture. I love it.

Afterall, it was an immigrant who designed the rocket which got us to the moon.

I just love that Mexican guy. What was his name again?

With the contribution immigrants have made over the course of history, our nation clearly would not have been as powerful as it is today without them.

Dude, I could not agree with you more. Mowed lawns are the bulwark of our power, as is cleaning trash. This is the source of our awesome power that we are able to project throughout the world. If the Social Security offices were not packed with Mexicans on any day of the week, I'm sure the Chinese would prevail. I'm just so grateful to Mexico for destroying our nation, I'm at loss for words!

If you don't understand this then you don't understand history.

...and some people are not too bright either.

Dunk ya.

edit on 10-12-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VonDinkinDunken

I agree that Japanese cars are wonderful. But European cars are junk compared to American ones and I hate it that I'm not able to purchase an American one over here in Europe and that's why I'm buying Japanese. French and Italian cars are pure junk, and German cars are like totally overrated. American Fords for example have always looked better than European ugly Fords.
edit on 10-12-2012 by acteur8 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join