It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange events concerning Dec 22nd 2012- Maybe a good idea to read this. Maybe not

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MarsSentinel

The study of psychology that you recommend is right here in this thread. It is playing out in real-time on these pages.

indeed much trembling and gnashing of teeth

over nothing happening

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

Originally posted by MamaJ
I will remain an observer...

It's observers that watch people get pushed onto subway tracks and do nothing.

Well then, good luck with that.

Come on now.... You are reaching a reality that is not here.

We are on a forum whereas I have no contact with the OP AND/OR his mom. Dont know them and have no idea whats what with their family and or life style. I have no idea because I am not in his shoes. I reserve judgement and rightfully so.

All I know is what he is sharing. I am not going to call him names as If I am in middle school again. I didn't do it then and wont stoop to that level as an adult.

The things you and others are saying (if he is ill minded) could push him over the edge and then its all on your conscience then, huh?

Im simply observing what he says and shows us without making a judgement. I am not holding his hand nor am I calling him names...anyone for that matter.

This 2012 stuff in my opinion is ridiculous. Its over hyped and I doubt anything will come of it. People have been crying the end of the world, ascension, and so on since day one. I can't stop it... nor do I want to. I actually enjoy learning from other minds that are different than mine.

Some people who are placing them self above the OP may be different had they been experiencing the same as the OP. We can't say what we would do until we are in the experience. Period. No one knows how they would really react if this were going down in their household.

Why insult is all I am asking. Why? It does no one any good.

Im the friend who gives a lot and doesn't ask for anything in return. Im the friend who would stop someone from hurting them self. Don't think just because I am defending the underdog that I would not defend you as well IF I thought you were in the right.

The OP is clearly sharing ideas and experiences.... Im definitely not freaking out and have no idea why you are either. Its a thread... an ATS thread whereas there are many more to come just like this one. This one is not even doom and gloom.

Its entertaining and I aint spending a dime for it... love it!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Now his mother must have gotten stage fright.

Don't push him, I'm sure he will come threw, you know his mother has a bad heart, I don't understand how with the Yoga and all. It must be in her gene's or something like diet, maybe eat's to many burger king's.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the reason why some might be somewhat testy is because time and time again we have been told by someone that "the big one is coming", or "Comet Elenin is going to hit us!", or "I've been in contact with aliens and they told me catastrophic events are happening next month", or "I am a alien in a human body so listen to what I have to tell you", or whatever -- and those things just never happen? Maybe that's why people are jaded and skeptical, and a little pissed off at the idea of being bamboozled yet again. Nobody likes being made a fool of, and I think THAT is what people are wary of. Can't say as I blame 'em.
edit on 8-12-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

Who's fault is it though? Really?

If you told me the world was ending tomorrow and I had never met you.... didn't know you.... should I trust what it is you are saying ESPECIALLY when it has to do with the end of the world??? The end of the world is coming and I am trusting a person I don't even know. Someone who holds no credibility whatsoever. Why would anyone ever do that?

Even if my best girlfriend came to me and told me that I would question her as to why she believes that. I would then research for myself and the list goes on in regards to what I would do from then on out.

If someone is sooooo gullible they would believe that..... they need a shrink. Its their own fault by not doing their own due diligence. We all have to be responsible for the way WE REACT to any given situation.

We all have to also be careful in regards to the way we hold expectations for others.

The OP is simply sharing his experience and saying what he believes.

If I wrote out a thread as to what I have experienced and what I believe will happen in the future do you think my fellow ATS'ers should all follow suit and believe me 100%? If they did... its their own fault for placing all their eggs in my basket when it don't happen as I said it would.

As If ....I were God....

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The study of psychology that you recommend is right here in this thread. It is playing out in real-time on these pages.

Now thats some truth!!!

I totally agree with your posts ( I think I said that already).

Its playing out real time and we need some popcorn.

Its only going to get better as the days approach the ascension day.

If I do not come back to ATS after the due date then know I am flying high. hahaha

Otherwise its the same ole same ole.... which is more than fine by me.

I am enjoying travel hockey and can't wait to travel more, possibly to Washington soon.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

If I wrote out a thread as to what I have experienced and what I believe will happen in the future do you think my fellow ATS'ers should all follow suit and believe me 100%? If they did... its their own fault for placing all their eggs in my basket when it don't happen as I said it would.

As If ....I were God....

They'd tell you that you were full of BS - just like they are doing to the OP in this thread. Because all the other claims were BS, and there is no more proof being provided here than in any other claim.

I'm not saying they were gullible enough to believe all the other claims. I'm saying they are tired of hearing all the nut jobs and attention-seekers spew their crap. It gets old after a while. I think each time a new thread comes up with something like this, we all jump on it just to see if maybe this time... just maybe... it will actually make enough sense and have enough proof to really mean something. Then, when we are disappointed, we get a little testy. That's all.

When the next thread comes out, we'll probably do the same thing -- and it will probably be more crap. But we keep hoping...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Im full of BS, you say? HA! You know me? Ummmm.... ya dont!!! Thanks for the non-nice compliment though.

If ya get tired of hearing it... then don't go click happy on a thread you don't understand or find troubling. Its quite simple.

HA! DO YOU REALLY get disappointed when a scenario doesn't come to light such as the OP is sharing?

WOW! I feel for ya. You keep "hoping"? If your life is not a happy one.... do something about it. Change it or it will change you.

Don't read this thread then www.abovetopsecret.com... .... hahaha!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarsSentinel
...Dude claims some people are going to ascend.

Readers self-sort into categories: those who think they are among the ascenders and those who are pretty damn sure they are not.

Close to how I see it...
There are also those that believe they are "among the enlightened" (or even - the "Chosen One" - a'la Kung Pow!)...and don't see themselves in the group of ascenders proposed by the OPs story...
That can be pretty frustrating. Generally evokes some spirit of contest - I have watched them, through the years among all kinds...especially in religious contexts (whether it be interpretations of religious texts or "God told ME such & such...and you're saying God told YOU something that contradicts what I've been telling everyone-else that God told ME -- I call you out, NOW... Let the prophets of Baal lay out their sacrifice/s, and I will lay out mine... The fire of God will consume the prophets of Baal, and will then consume my sacrifice, leaving me unscathed...and ALL WILL KNOW, I am the true prophet of God!") (sorry for the tangent)...
But - as you say - it boils down to fear...

Mostly, the negation is buried under pop morality tropes - "He is causing panic." "Some people might do stupid things if we let claims like this stand unopposed." And my favorite - "What about the children?"
And so the battle is joined, and people shoot back and forth for its own sake in a me-too fractal spiral of descent into name-calling, back-tracking, and simple shouting ala Fox News.
For me, this brings up a great question - Why don't I (you) feel like I (you) will be among those who will undergo a spiritual advancement?

There is also the whole - "To the OP - Because of my expert knowledge in certain areas that obviously surpass the knowledge and sensibilities of anyone who disagrees with my desire to hijack this thread for my own glory and entertainment...I will digress, for a moment, from all my premature guesses and elaborate forays into proving that I cannot put a legitimate argument together without misreading, misinterpreting and mislabeling virtually everything I point to as an error in the OPs tale or inconsistency of character...and justify my right as a thread-pirate, by expressing genuine - morally-superior concern for the OP and his mother's well being (even though I may have called the OP anything from a charlatan, to a "lousy son"...etal)...and then, time and again, repeat this justification as defense for continuing to wait for the opportunity to be the first to respond as the answer-man/woman/boy/girl/being for any posts that might come along."

Maybe a person who pays attention to his life and the way he operates in the world is more likely to assume he will be among those who will advance along the spiritual path because, you know, he has actually been advancing along the spiritual path.

Then again - there may be those, like me, that believe that - even if there is such spiritual path...and what the OP proposes is about to take place (according to his understanding), is real -- I would not be one of "the selected".

Is there a reason for legitimate concern about the welfare of the OP & his mother should all "not go as they have envisioned (believe)"? Maybe.
But, that's the case for all of us. ...all of us...

The OP is well-spoken, intelligent, and appears to deal with moronica better than most (and, certainly better than I would)... If he is faced with such a scenario - I trust that he will deal with whatever comes, and pull through, for the better & not the worse.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
This is to no one in particular I'm just throwing it out there...

Yes I plan on ascending.. have been for along time.. it's called death and it will happen eventually to .me.. whether that is in 40 years, on dec 21, or tomorrow at noon, I do not know the time or hour. I do know I will "go on" from here.

I have no worries about the Dec 21st day. I am not concerned for you if you ascend this day and I do not. I am not concerned if nothing happens this day, I'm am interested and maybe concerned if something OTHER than an ascension happens.. like you know a nuclear meltdown or a pole shift or I recently read an excellent theory that it was a time-wave event.. I mean I don't wish ill on the human race at all but it would be interesting if something DID happen..

I am concerned that people will be going the way of unnatural causes.. like all dressed in black with their Nike's on. That concerns me because there are gullible people in this world who do drink the Kool-aid.

But for people who know in their most inner fibers that they are ascending this day and believe it through and through.. I sincerely hope you do and wish you well.. and I am not saddened that I was" left behind." In your own belief system I have read in a lot of places that people will choose this path ON PURPOSE ( being left behind) anyways so there must be something here to stay for..

So i'm not sure why the believers are so concerned for the non-believers because you must know that every soul will eventually ascend.. n'est-ce pas?

So what does it hurt if people don't believe this guys particular story? He's going to tell it, he said so and has continued to say so in no uncertain terms that he will be answering question about his story up unto the 21st and yet there is all this fighting? Everyone is just asking relevant question there is no reason for all this "my belief is better than your belief" people are shaped by their experiences.

Anywho I do hope the video comes today...

edit on 8-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Im right with ya. "My belief is better than yours". "You are dumb and Im not" and so on is childish at best.... AND.... I too can't wait to see this video.

I hope its later though so I can make an excuse to pop some popcorn and grab a Bud Light.

ETA: If a scenario went down like the OP is stating... I would hate for my kids to leave me behind. That right there would suck. What would I do with all of my free time??
edit on 8-12-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

ohh save a bud for me.. i haven't been this entertained in forever lol.. and I have lots of naughty plans if the kids ascend and i don't
hahaha... j/k..

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

As If ....I were God....

They'd tell you that you were full of BS - just like they are doing to the OP in this thread. Because all the other claims were BS, and there is no more proof being provided here than in any other claim.

I'm not saying they were gullible enough to believe all the other claims. I'm saying they are tired of hearing all the nut jobs and attention-seekers spew their crap. It gets old after a while. I think each time a new thread comes up with something like this, we all jump on it just to see if maybe this time... just maybe... it will actually make enough sense and have enough proof to really mean something. Then, when we are disappointed, we get a little testy. That's all.

When the next thread comes out, we'll probably do the same thing -- and it will probably be more crap. But we keep hoping...

Im full of BS, you say? HA! You know me? Ummmm.... ya dont!!! Thanks for the non-nice compliment though.

If ya get tired of hearing it... then don't go click happy on a thread you don't understand or find troubling. Its quite simple.

HA! DO YOU REALLY get disappointed when a scenario doesn't come to light such as the OP is sharing?

WOW! I feel for ya. You keep "hoping"? If your life is not a happy one.... do something about it. Change it or it will change you.

Don't read this thread then www.abovetopsecret.com... .... hahaha!

I'm not saying your full of BS - I'm saying don't be surprised if people get on your thread and tell you you're full of BS if you don't provide meaningful and provable info.

And I think it's the other way around. If someone doesn't like the comments on their thread, then maybe they shouldn't start a thread. You put it out there - you get the responses you get - don't like the responses? Then don't put it out there.

I wasn't really trying to insult you. My whole point was to respond to the armchair psychologist who said the people on this thread were angry because they were afraid they weren't ascending. That's hogwash.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Did it ever occur to you that maybe the reason why some might be somewhat testy is because time and time again we have been told by someone that "the big one is coming", or "Comet Elenin is going to hit us!", or "I've been in contact with aliens and they told me catastrophic events are happening next month", or "I am a alien in a human body so listen to what I have to tell you", or whatever -- and those things just never happen? Maybe that's why people are jaded and skeptical, and a little pissed off at the idea of being bamboozled yet again. Nobody likes being made a fool of, and I think THAT is what people are wary of. Can't say as I blame 'em.

Our lives are a constant barrage of this... Don't really see what the OP is saying or doing that fits into a category of "bamboozling"? The thread title was - "...Maybe a Good Idea to Read This - Maybe Not..." - Not a "hard sell" if you ask me.
Doesn't sound like - "God told me that anyone who doesn't read this will surely miss the next elevator!"
Sounds like a disclaimer - Sounds like - "Hey - if you start reading this and find that it isn't for you - go to Door #2, or...Door #3... YOU DON'T HAVE TO WASTE YOUR (or my) TIME HERE."
Haven't seen him asking for money.
Haven't seen him giving links to his "recently-established" blog space -- No ebooks for sale --
And...on occassion, his replies have been short & curt...and he really didn't try to say that he was righteously justified for the way/s he responded... In fact - quite regularly, has expressed that he probably isn't the smoothest stone in the brook (if the brook is a social setting).
I am not afraid of being made a fool of... I am already a fool. Anyone who thinks they are not (or have not been), is a poorer fool than me.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
And I see lots people responding to my earlier comments (directly or indirectly).

To get something straight - and I hope that this time, for the fourth or fifth time now, it actually gets picked up - I strongly encourage skepticism at all times, towards everything. But that is not a golden ticket to assume you know better than somebody else and proceed to dump all over them.

Just show some basic respect. Try to pretend that you're talking to a real person, ya know?
]
edit on 8-12-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

i think we're all agreeing in our own way...
wanna bud? or a margarita?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

I'm not a Bud girl... margarita sounds nice though. My husband makes a mean dirty martini - any takers?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I'm not saying your full of BS - I'm saying don't be surprised if people get on your thread and tell you you're full of BS if you don't provide meaningful and provable info. And I think it's the other way around. If someone doesn't like the comments on their thread, then maybe they shouldn't start a thread. You put it out there - you get the responses you get - don't like the responses? Then don't put it out there. I wasn't really trying to insult you. My whole point was to respond to the armchair psychologist who said the people on this thread were angry because they were afraid they weren't ascending. That's hogwash.

I see..... and understand more the point you are trying to make.

I too am trying to understand peoples pyche when it comes to this kind of stuff.

There are tons of different view points.

People are indeed commiting suicide over 2012 hype... I get it. But... at the same time these people are troubled to begin with.

The OP seems in sound mind, imo.

Time tells all. We will all know whats up on the 22nd of Dec. and then.... we will have another "end" or "ascending" date to look forward to or kill our self over. Thats not even a joke, sadly.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Son of Will
And I see lots people responding to my earlier comments (directly or indirectly).

To get something straight - and I hope that this time, for the fourth or fifth time now, it actually gets picked up - I strongly encourage skepticism at all times, towards everything. But that is not a golden ticket to assume you know better than somebody else and proceed to dump all over them.

Just show some basic respect. Try to pretend that you're talking to a real person, ya know?

My friend.. bless your heart... I will answer you.. You simply cannot tell someone how to behave and expect them to do it... unless of course they are your child and you can guilt them, punish them or bribe them... I do understand your point and it is a very valid one.. One I personally try to live by myself, however you cannot expect that kind of behavior from everyone else... you do operate in society do you not... but bless you and your respectfulness, I wish the world would be more respectful to.. alas... I live in the reality.

edit on 8-12-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

I'm not a Bud girl... margarita sounds nice though. My husband makes a mean dirty martini - any takers?

ohhh me me me.. i have been told i am a dirty girl lol...

new topics

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join