It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe's Biggest Mega Mosque Refused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Europe's Biggest Mega Mosque Refused

www.newham.gov.uk

Plans for a mosque for over 9,000 worshippers have been turned down by Newham councillors.
The proposals - which included a new mosque, a library and a dining hall capable of holding 2,000 people - were rejected at a meeting of Newham Council's Strategic Development Committee on Wednesday (5 December) evening at the Old Town Hall, the Broadway, Stratford.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
In all honesty i am glad that this has been rejected.

If this had been approved, it would be the largest religious building in the UK, much larger than St. Pauls cathedral which seems absurd for a religion which makes up of around 3% of the population.

The group proposing the Mosque also had numerous links to extremism.

The plans faced nationwide fury, with even moderate Muslim groups opposing the plans.

A victory for our heritage and culture.

www.newham.gov.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
so silly; why do they need such a big mosque?

go to all the mosques, you will see them empty 90% of the time

the only time they fill up with people is on a friday or in ramadan.

its just a waste of money, space and resources.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Who pays for this?

We had a Mosque few houses up from where I used to live and every Friday, it would be MASS MADNESS!! Cars on both sides of the street for like 10 blocks (because their Friday is our Sunday). People coming home after work in an already over capacity downtown beltline, with cars on both sides of the streets...

What a mess.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Those mosques around the Europe are paid by Saudi money. Actually i think there might be a conspiracy as they invest money all around the world to the mosques even in areas where there are very little muslims.
edit on 5-12-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
should have bought the millenium dome and put a carpet down.

edit on 5-12-2012 by mykingdomforthetruth because:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I think any religious structure built in a city which is majority not of that religion is ridiculous. Imagine building the middle east largest religious structure inside Mecca. And it turns out to be a Cathedral. The Muslim world would be up in arms and they would accuse it of being a crusade

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by godofme
I think any religious structure built in a city which is majority not of that religion is ridiculous. Imagine building the middle east largest religious structure inside Mecca. And it turns out to be a Cathedral. The Muslim world would be up in arms and they would accuse it of being a crusade

Here is your crowd lol

new topics

top topics

join