It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Booms just started just like yesterday. Happening Now!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

Thanks for that link!

I have it bookmarked now so I can check up on it. I have been using the global incident map to check earthquake activity, but I have heard that it isn't all that reliable. And yes, we have quite a bit of fracking around these parts. Even if this particular incident turns out to not be related, I totally agree that the fracking is a pretty bad idea, especially around fault zones.

~OkieDokie

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

Maybe you coold focus your camera on a glass of water or dish of water, so as we can see a visual of the vibration in the ripples of the water glass. If it happens again that is.
It may help to validate the boom noise.
Keep us posted.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Just found this, others heard booms in Oklahoma and Texas as well:

Disturbances do not appear to be earthquakes A couple of loud booms have caught the attention of area residents. It is not certain what caused the booms but it can be reported that it does not appear to be an earthquake. Amber Wilson, Ardmore Emergency Management Coordinator, contact the Oklahoma Geology Department in Tulsa and was told that no activity had taken place which would lead officials to believe it was an earthquake

Disturbance Do Not appear to be Earthquakes

Ardmore is probably close to 150 miles South West of my location, but they are reporting hearing several booms today.

Now I just found this too

Loud booming noises have been reported all across Texoma today. We now know what's behind these booms. A spokesperson for Lockheed Martin tells us the booms were caused by supersonic flight tests being conducted by the company. The flights were authorized by the FAA and are conducted in the corridor that runs from Dallas through Oklahoma.

Supersonic Flight Tests Cause of Loud Booms Felt Across Texoma

They reported these booms up and down the I-35 Corridor which runs north and south, still about 150 miles from my location. The booms I heard today could have been part of this testing, but still seems too far west , plus the booms I heard seemed to be coming from the South West,

Here is an article from our local paper about the booms heard in my area in 2009

Chris Keathley, Sequoyah county emergency management director confirmed at 4 p.m. Friday that the mysterious rumbling noises heard throughout the county since Tuesday were bombs being disposed of by the U.S. Army Ammunition Plant located in McAlester. “This is nothing unusual, the plant deploys old bombs starting from between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.,” Keathley said. He also explained that the plant is known to set off bombs daily for the last 40 to 50 years, but why it is effecting us now is the mystery,” Keathley said.

Booms Are Bombs

This last article actually coincides with the timing of the booms today and yesterday. So if this is the culprit, then why is the Army deploying so many bombs out here, and why now? Also, seems strange that there were so many reports out west of here with the explanation of sonic booms given. Could this be a cover story for a more widespread cause?

~OkieDokie

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OkieDokie

well that makes since on why i would hear the sonic booms or even feel my place shake in Norman. i live right off of I-35. i guess they figured if they did it along I-35 that people would think it was from traffic on the highway instead of something else and people wouldnt get curious about it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by crow618

Glad we could figure out your rumbling!

I still have no clue as to what I heard the last two days. The more I think about it, I really don't think what I heard was sonic booms. It shook the ground, and I don't remember ever having the ground shake with sonic booms. They normally just caused windows to rattle from what I remember hearing while growing up in OKC.

There was another thread posted today about booms heard in Georgia, Arizona and Rhode Island all in the last couple of days. So it could be related. I really am at a loss right now. The ones in GA had people reporting cracked sidewalks etc. so obviously their booms also involved the ground.

~OkieDokie

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm over in Fort Smith, so will keep my ears and eyes open. These kinds of events are being seen and heard all over the world during 2012, and UFO sightings have also been way up this year. I don't have a clue how to whittle things down to reasonable (or unreasonable) explanations of phenomena like this.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by n5xm

Hey there neighbor! I am guessing that you didn't hear the booms yesterday, but have you ever head any around this area before? Do you know of any military testing or exercises that take place around here besides deploying bombs? Today was absolutely silent as far as booms go, but I will be listening for them now since all of this.

-OkieDokie
edit on 7-12-2012 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join