It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petition to Remove States from the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
First off let me just say that this thread can go in a number of places. Here and the Political madness forum. Im not sure if there are more so if there are please tell me.

www.hispanicbusiness.com...

The article in the link states that since Obama was reelected in November a few states have created petitions to secede. This comes from another article I found on Yahoo which is on 11 white House petitions

To quote the article heres idea #3

3. Deport everyone that signed a petition to withdraw their state from the USA

SEE MORE: 5 reasons the GOP won't stop bashing Susan Rice

Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States Of America.

Total signatures: 25,879

Heres the link that it came from

news.yahoo.com...

So. I ask you now: What do you think about this? Is it even legally permitted to deport people just because they signed a petition? I doubt it but I want to know what you all think

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
No, it won't happen. Really. I can assure you. They have a more important agenda to attend to than dealing with the possibility of the "south rising once more" and whatnot. Most people signed the petition because they want to stay politically correct based on their backgrounds, thus biased and misconceived. I'm aware though that whoever the POTUS is, is a pawn regardless.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's just a petition, not a proposed bill or legislative action.

For gods sake I could post a petition asking to be allowed to tickle my wife with a feather duster and would probably get more signatures.

All it really proves is there are a lot of people unhappy with the federal government. their signatures confirming their unhappiness would be protected under the rights of free speech.
Attempting to overthrow the government- on the other hand would be dealt with as a subversive act.

I wouldn't get to excited Texans have been beating that same old drum for decades and their still in the union.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Edgar806

Oh how people disreguard history....

The States created the Federal Government. The only way to disband the government mafia that we currently have running DC, is for the States to come together legislatively, disband the criminals that are occupying Washington and have a Constitutional RESET!

The Constitution is not the problem in our country. The problems that we all are facing is due to corruption in our elected representatives..........

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States Of America.

Where would they even deport them too?
The country of a distant ancestor?
An uninhabited island?

What if no other country wants to let them in?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
There are several items here that show a complete lack of understanding in how our government is formed, how it operates, and how it can change.

First: White House petitions. This notion flies straight in the face of separation of powers doctrine. While the White House surly can utilize its bully pulpit to elicit public opinion on subjects, it cannot however, do anything save present legislation upon that idea. The President cannot fire coaches, allow States to seceded arbitrarily, or get your landlord to give you free cupcakes on Tuesdays. What the Executive can do, and has been doing (beyond our current president; this isn't an Obama issue only) is legislating via Executive Orders.

This line of thinking has shown an increase from the Executive on flexing its political muscles in light of an extremely anemic Legislature and a Judicial that is unpredictable.

Second: The People that signed these petitions are protected not only by the Federal Constitution (First Amendment -- redress of grievances and freedom of speech) but also by their State's Constitution which all mimic the Federal one in terms of those particular Rights to be protected.

The first group of people who signed a petition to secede are protected and guaranteed the same rights that protect and guarantee the later demanding deportation. There is however a stark difference in their speech and their grievances.

The group who is asking for "permission" from the President (note, the petitions should be to their State Representatives and their Federal Representatives) to secede is not taking, prohibiting or denying anyone their Rights.

On the contrary, the second group is doing the exact opposite. They are imposing their will to silence dissent, by asking the President (again, this type of thinking needs to stop; the President isn't a dictator or king) to deport these people who were expressing their grievances and exercising their political free speech rights.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Do you want to know how much weight these petintions carry? Check it out we are gonna build a Deathstar petitions.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Another thing you guys might wanna note, people signing the petitions aren't necessarily the state in question. Like here's the Texas petition, maybe 1/4, probably less are even from Texas. So in their famous petition, it's more people telling them to screw off than Texas actually saying it wants to leave. I looked over a few of these petitions, all of them are like that, people from all over wanting them to secede. Hell, if I wasn't against signing up to .gov sites I'd probably sign their petition.

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Edgar806

no Unless they're illegal immigrants

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
There needs to be a petition to remove (most of) the federal government from the states. Back to the original concepts where the states were almost their own country.

top topics

join