It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Average Males Sperm Count Has Dropped Over 30% in 17 Years

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

A comprehensive study into the reproductive health of 26,600 men found sperm concentration has decreased by a third since the 1990s.
The findings are so significant experts have warned action must now be taken to avoid significant fertility problems and the average family size decreasing.

Straight up,(no pun intended) There is no way this is accidental. Something has changed in our environment big time.
Tie this to GMO foods and watch no man buy them again.

Thoughts on the cause?
edit on Wed Dec 5 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: tags needed IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The pill, women have been using it for what 50 years and it has got into our water and it effects mens sperm count.
Although it is many things so one cause isn't enough...maybe.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Isnt Europe one of the hot beds for pushing population control?

So what do they care if there is a fertility issue? You'd think that's what they want.

I'd blame, BPA's, prescription meds saturating the water supply, cellulars in front pockets, laptops on laps and hipsters wearing girls jeans like it's 1972.
edit on 5-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

This is scary stuff!, i feel that the human race has changed a lot in our dietry habits and living conditions, where just not as healthy or strong as we use to be 'back in the day'

I know we supposedly live longer nowaday, life expactancy is up.....

But sperm count going down?!, a doctor told me once that a man's 'Ahem, Ahem' is like the dipstick of the body, if thats ok....then you're in good health!!

This cant be good news AT ALL.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
WOW, I bet the radiation from cellphones and other devices has something to do with it.

Here's something else I realized earlier that just CAN't be accidental

2000- Autism rate 1in150
Today- Autism rate 1in88

Things like these, they never REALLY get covered in the news. There IS an agenda behind them, or else the outcry would be unimaginable. information has become the new gold, and those holding it are keeping it from the public at all costs. A damn shame, may I add.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Start taking MACA ROOT POWDER >> feelgoodtime.net...

Start drinking more water and less soda and beer.

Don't keep your cell phone in your crotch.

Start eating organic foods.

Stop eating processed foods.

Don't wear constricting underwear.

Work out.

Take a daily supplement vitamin. (Or look into multiple different supplements to work with each day. Powders and liquids work best.)

Eat more veggies and fruits.

Think about your health on a daily basis. You will only be as healthy as the food you put into your body.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by doesntmakesense
WOW, I bet the radiation from cellphones and other devices has something to do with it.

2000- Autism rate 1in150
Today- Autism rate 1in88

Things like these, they never REALLY get covered in the news. There IS an agenda behind them, or else the outcry would be unimaginable. information has become the new gold, and those holding it are keeping it from the public at all costs. A damn shame, may I add.

I 100% agree that cell phone radiation is affecting our bodies.

But I also genuinely think the BIGGEST factor is our diet.

Most people eat processed crap every single day. Have one or more sodas a day. Rarely eat veggies or fruits as a main course. Eat fried foods.
Not only are we damaging our body with malnutrition
we are also filling it with toxic substances (such as pesticides and chemicals and preservatives) that make our body work that much harder to detox. Most people don't drink nearly enough water either.

edit on 5-12-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Doesn't much affect me . . . I taught mine to swim towards the light, not away.

On a more serious note . . . with all the crap we put in our bodies and what we do with the crap we shoot back out, along with the other waste, pollution, residue and the whatnot, it's no wonder that for the most part we're now a abunch of androgynous Eloy types awaiting slaughter at the hands of the bankers.

Or maybe it's got something to do with the overall effects the environment has on us in general . . . as the planet grows ever more populated, the climate somehow affects the little wrigglers to a point there's whole lot less of those little men in the reproductive sea, so to speak.

I'm also wondering how they got a pool of 'average males' . . . was it a random thing from street corner solicitation . . . a lottery . . . a free day at the adult movie house . . .

Too many questions.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
We seem to be focus in quality more than quantity.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by doesntmakesense

2000- Autism rate 1in150
Today- Autism rate 1in88

You need to do a thread just on that.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Maybe it is a cover up by WOMEN!!!! to kill us men off

I mean they have enough sperm stored to repopulate the world 1000x over.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Maybe the methods by which we count sperm have changed.

Would our genetics have built in population control mechanisms such as fertility regulation? Is this displayed in any other mammals that reach large populations?

Its sad you are already doomtarding all over this thread.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Anyone think this is related to sedentary lifestyles which cause a drop in testosterone production? Low testosterone = low sperm levels.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Its down to all the cr*p they put in our water and food supply.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The real question remains, what has changed in the last 17 years. Cel phones, food, what can be traced to that time.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
mine dropped to zero -after our 4th kid - might have been something happened in the doc's office - haven't been back since - and no more babies - 'cept grands.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

If I read the article correctly, they got their data from INFERTILITY clinics.

That alone should raise suspicion that their data is not necessarily representative of the whole population. I would think that men seeking the services of an infertility clinic and getting tested there are problably already having problems getting their partner pregnant. Otherwise, why would a man be at a fertility clinic except maybe if he needed the money given out for sperm donation?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Surprised nobody mentioned environmental exposure to synthetic estrogen mimics like Bisphenol-A. Widely used in food containers, both the obviously plastic and as a lining in cans.

en.wikipedia.org...

We've been using this stuff blithely for decades.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join