It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prank Hoax Call Kate Middleton's UK Hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Yes the Australian 2Day FM radio station pulled off a great prank call to the hospital.

They have since issued an apology.

The hospital treating the pregnant Duchess of Cambridge says it "deeply regrets" giving information about her to hoax callers from a radio station.

Australian DJs posing as the Queen, Prince Charles and corgis got details from a nurse at King Edward VII hospital in central London.

The hospital said confidentiality was taken seriously and telephone protocols are under review.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 5/12/12 by EnigmaAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

This is great, the nurse must be insanely dumb. She should be fired.
Great op, I laughed just at reading it.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Way to go getting some poor nurse fired,. You could tell from her voice she really thought it was the queen, and it was passed thru to her from reception so it wasn't her fault.
It wasn't even funny.
edit on 5-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Funny sort of, wasting hospital time is bad though.

So a horrible thing to do in the name of humor.

You dial 999 or 911 and pretend to be Elvis on an OD they will likely respond anyway, serious life effecting institutions should not be messed with.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A prank call is one thing but putting some ones private medical information on the radio is just not on. I mean the call wasn't even funny.

It was verging on criminal but thats not surprising knowing Australia's history.

edit on 5-12-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

private medical information

Such as what exactly? It's all over the press already that she's suffering from severe sickness. In the phone call the woman just says that she's feeling better and that's she's eating now.

It was daft - but nobody's life was in danger or being threatened. It's a none story, but it's the Royals so it has to be rammed down our throats at every opportunity. We'll have to put up with every little detail for months now.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Oh dear.....Still, the fact its big news that Kate has sickness is crazy in itself.

Don't understand the media circus around the royal family tbh.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

The details of someones medical condition and treatment while in a private hospital that was meant for family members only and not for publication to the media. Its quite simple. 'No one got hurt' is not an acceptable excuse. How is it OK to scam a hospital into telling you about a pregnant woman's condition?

Anyone would feel violated if while they were in hospital receiving treatment someone pretended to be a family member, rang in and gained information about them and then put it on radio for everyone to laugh about. How about showing some respect for someone who is suffering?

edit on 5-12-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I thought it was funny. On the news it didn't sound like the nurse could string a sentence together in English, let alone work out who was on the phone!
Just shows you lol hope she doesn't work in A&E anytime soon!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

then put it on radio for everyone to laugh about

As opposed to...discussing it all over the internet?

This is blown all out of proportion. Kate Middleton has sever morning sickness. It's a none story, we don't need updates by the media every two seconds. Most people don't give a ***!

If they're that upset they can sue the hospital.

She's having a baby. Great...so what? Kate Middleton isn't exceptional.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Was it that upsetting to take ones own life?
Soo sad! Why don't the royals stop showing off and get on with it!
They want a baby, then have one! At the end of the day we pay for this panto whether we like it or not! Everytime the news is on there is always something!
Who cares? Wills and his affected wife living off everyone elses backs.
They could also adopt like Brad and Angelina.

I for one am sick of it all! Children are going hungry in this country, but they never get a mention.
Juanetas kids have lost their Mum. Wills was said to be so angry! What does he expect for christs sake?
Like the celebs, its ok when it suites them!

Rip Jauneta

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The nurse in question never gave out any medical information. Did you hear the call? It's just a tragic case.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

She was tricked into giving out the condition of a private patient in a private hospital thinking she was talking to a close family member. What ever you think that is private information!!
edit on 8-12-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Considering what's happened, I hope you feel proud about lambasting this woman for making a mistake.

As is suspected, she committed suicide, the British media is to blame. Splashing all over the papers and making a big deal out it all. But oh no they'll point the fingers at the Australian DJ's who made the call.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Thats but a horrible, unexpected and very complicated twist on what was a pretty small story in the first place.

But what can actually be done? Probably best to try and let it all simmer down and avoid making this any worse for her family and friends.

Bad show radio DJs, not so funny now is it

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I feel sorry for everyone envolved. I guess the media are partly to blame with all the hype from day one of Kates pregnancy.
Why does William tell them to piss off when its not a good time, like someone would with a nosy neighbour!
It could have been two bored teenagers, it was a joke.
There was no malice meant toward anybody. How sad Jascintha felt the way she did.

My aplogies for spelling Jascintha name wrong earlier. I hope I have corrected this error.

RiP jacintha

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I have been hearing all about this sudden Royal baby on the Sky News (its been bugging me) and then this !
I decided to try and find and when I did I was very disapointed it was Cr@p I could have done better, I mean the DJ's didnt even try

something isnt right I can smell it

Rip to the young nurse

It would be interesting to see if anything was going on at home
just putting it out there

S&F OP

top topics

join