It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodents on Mars!!! The announcement NASA should have made?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

So the rover is on earth?? Or is the cartoon Biker Mice FRom mars based on the fact that there are rodents on mars.
edit on 5-12-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Originally posted by Just Chris
Today whilst ATS was down for a short while (not sure why?)

I don't know... ATS must be some evil NASA minions whose job is to turn ATS offline, so that the NASA info doesn't reach you... Your post is so stupid, that I cannot even describe it. You see, in other threads I am called a believer, why? Because I do know when something is possible based on the inconclusive data (possible but not a fact), all I am doing is being OBJECTIVE.

And just like I know some may be hiding some info, showing some rock and saying it is a rat, showing some rock looking like a Big Foot or Mermaid - must be it... I cannot even describe the foolishness of such thinking.

And some people clearly lack intelligence, there is no explanation to see every thing on a PICTURE even a cloud may make various shapes and say it is a UFO...

Speaking of rocks, why don't you crawl back into the one you just slithered you way out of?

The first paragraph has nothing to do with the thread besides having a dig at me, so well done on that account. The rest....well I couldn't even be bothered to read it.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Boo says "WHAT?"...

Thing is, it isnt even a rock... its TWO rocks, the "head" and "shoulder", "leg" comprise one rock with a crack running along its base, hence the "Leg", the other longer rock is sitting behind the "head" rock and is stuck into the soil and because of the monotonic coloring and poor resolution at that scale, along with the direction of lighting the seam between them is harder to see. I love how the contrast corrected version stuck up a page back makes it look even MORE rodent like, even colorwise. People dont seem to realize that some times isolating an object from its surroundings actually makes identification harder, after all your removing it further from context and as such giving it reason to look more like what it isnt which is tantamount to twisting truth.

Cant believe there are people saying its not a rock and immediately saying how narrow minded those of us who see a rock (yeah it looks pretty rat like ill give you that, but hey I had a tile in my old houses toilet that had a smudge that looked like a galloping horse)...sure has stubby feet for a rat or any type of rodent, and ive had to burry a lot of their corpses thanks to our cats over the years.

Rocks pure and simple people, pure and simple.

And some final words from Minsc about this part of ATS as of late... "A den of stinking idiocy. Cover your nose Boo! We will leave no crevice untouched!"
edit on 5-12-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2012 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by gortex

That particlular creature is not a rock and to even try to insist it is, is to try and make people believe crap when their own eyes KNOW 100% otherwise.

This isn't a guess. IT'S 100% PROOF OF A RODENT ON A NASA PHOTO THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE TAKEN ON MARS.

That is a RAT. We had them in our kitchen and were putting them in cages and releasing them at the creek till we tinfoiled up the holes and taped them and got the 2 cats.

Eyes work just fine.

Erm it also takes a brain to think..... MARS.......limited oxygen in atmosphere..........limited light compared to earth.........food sources..........Oh and genetics just happened to evolve into a rat at exactly the same time as they did on earth in entirely different conditions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUH DUH DUH. IMPOSSIBLE.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Looks more like it was taken from Earth.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
In front is a small bunny rabbit resting his paws on a rock shaped like a bone. I am going to have to read the other posts to see if this has been debunked.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
They say its on Mars i say its on earth in a remote location where no one can accidently walk into view.

They say that the sun is how hot? I say its our atmosphere acting as a lense.

They say we are on i say we are in.

Eyes look, brain flips, concave convex.

I say I have some interesting things to sha

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

To save you the hassle, it hasn't.

The three crowds are:

The rock crew: "It's a rock, I completely believe everything NASA says"

The rodent crew Mars: "It's a rodent on Mars....NASA are lying f***wits"

The rodent crew Earth: "It's a rodent on Earth....NASA are lying f***wits"

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I usually just see a rock on these types of photos, on this one i see a rock with a rodents head photoshopped onto the end of it
I bet the guy that did this is reading this thread laughing to himself

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It looks like a Gopher to me.

I am just wondering if Gopher's were released on Mars by TPTB to study the atmosphere etc.

Or...the photo is a hoax.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Why do people keep making threads about the same things over and over again on here... and why does no one (staff) do nothing about keeping things organized?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Well look, I see fish too. Must be rock fish.
The rodent looks like a rock to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

No its not its a rock.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Another odd thing is a few inches above the bottom left side of the image, there is a rectangular shape with some other shape just to the left of it that has equally spaced and identical shapes in it, which does not look natural..
You have to zoom in quite a bit to see it.. Looks like something manufactured, not to say it IS, but it looks out of place.

By the way, If I was collecting rocks on mars and saw that rodent looking one, I'de definitely pick it up and keep it..
You might not know if it bites, until you pick it up and see

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Time2Think
Why do people keep making threads about the same things over and over again on here... and why does no one (staff) do nothing about keeping things organized?

The search function isn't always as useful as you may give it credit for.

Get over it.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I really don't want to get in the fray here. I just want to point something out.

In past threads I have seen of this type, I have downloaded the high resolution source image from the NASA site. In all cases, I was able to find at least 10 other formations in the immediate vicinity that looked like something recognizable from earth.

If you pore over these photos looking for pattern recognition, you will find faces, animals, vegetables, etc. Try it, it is actually kind of fun.... once. After that, one realizes how easily the eyes are deceived by a single image.

Since these photos come from NASA, we are not afforded the opportunity to view the objects in question from other angles, or other times. Since we do not have enough data to apply any scientific approach to a single photo, in my opinion one must rely on common sense and Occam's razor.

At the risk of being accused of closed-mindedness, my opinion is that it is a darn fine rat-looking rock.

edit on 5-12-2012 by InTheFlesh1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You didnt search. I typed "Mars" in the search and this thread came up on the first page. It has to be a rock, there is no separation on the front leg.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

You didnt search. I typed "Mars" in the search and this thread came up on the first page. It has to be a rock, there is no separation on the front leg.

I typed "Mars Rodents". Nothing came up. Not that I have to explain anything to you I've still not come across the supposed 'original'.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Just how seeing a man-shaped cloud is indicative there being a god up in the sky.
edit on 5-12-2012 by MastaShake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101
I don't think that is a rat for the record

Well that is certainly encouraging! Congratulations on your good sense.

but, do you seriously think NASA releases everything it records? I think the majority of what NASA records and photographs is actually held within. They aren't sending rovers and telescopes out to help mankind understand our solar system more, they are trying to get more leverage for our government and military complex.

If there are any hidden "records and photographs" that NASA is holding onto, I suppose they'd have to be pretty well hidden. I don't see any reason to assume this is the case when you consider how many images are freely available on their numerous image archives online and the completely public video feeds that they've got running. A great number of scientists all over the world use this and other data on a regular basis.

Any anomaly that may appear is not released to the general public I can guarantee it.

This is a dubious claim, so I'm going to have to call you on it. How exactly can you "guarantee it?" Do you have some evidence to back it up?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join