It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodents on Mars!!! The announcement NASA should have made?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So I was showing this to my brother and here is something he suggested that I didn't think of. What if indeed it is a rat but it got in the rover before it took off and now its out and about. Lol, or also they put it there on purpose to see if it'll survive. Anyways to me at least, to me it does look like a rat, well rodent, I do see eyes and what not. Anyways just a thought

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

Acknowledging that there is a chance of it being something else while refusing to allow that thing to be a rodent (which it resembles) is contradictory. So your buzzword is "critical thinking". OK, This exercise is the nature of critical thinking. Allowing for uncertainty in your argument IS critical thinking. Flatly refusing possibility of this being what it clearly resembles is the opposite of that.
As an aside to the psychological aspect of the human brain seeing what it wants to see;
my brain was not looking for the rodent when I noticed it. I reviewed the picture before I even knew what it was about. I saw it open on another persons computer without reference to the rodent issue. If it looks like a rodent, the possibility (until evidence show otherwise within the absolutes framework you have established) that a rat or rat like thing existing on mars must be considered. Even though it is highly unlikely to be a fact, until it is PROVEN otherwise you cannot discount it.
Again, I am not arguing that this is a martian rat. I believe the statistical probability against it being alive and from mars to be minute. I am simply arguing against the statement as absolute fact.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

I think yourself and yer nemesis infidel must go find an online first person shooter and go shoot the c##p out of each other I think it will make you both feel better....... For what its worth I think it could be a fossilized gerbil or lemming so there something for everyone its a rodent and a rock at the same time. Peace people lets cool our heads and all be friends eh?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
So i saw this picture a hundred times now.
Also when its colored and magnified, i am not able to see a rat.
I just cannot imagine any rodent here.
Since yesterday i was not even sure where the head should be or what view angle it shows.
Maybe i have a malfunction.

I need someone to create a drawing of what the most in here apparently can see.
I am serious

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

edit on 7-12-2012 by Undeadlady because: (no reason given)

jra

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Has anyone tried looking up the original raw images? The OP's link doesn't say from what 'Sol' the images were taken, but I have a feeling that looking at the original image might give us a bit more detail to work with. So if somebody knows when this was taken, then you can find the original images here: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldemie
So I was showing this to my brother and here is something he suggested that I didn't think of. What if indeed it is a rat but it got in the rover before it took off and now its out and about. Lol, or also they put it there on purpose to see if it'll survive. Anyways to me at least, to me it does look like a rat, well rodent, I do see eyes and what not. Anyways just a thought

To be fair, even your brother's theory sounds more plausible then it been 'just a rock'

#teamrodent

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Well those rats can be real survivors ya know

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I promised myself that I would never click on one of there Mars rocks threads with the red circles again.
I have been tricked.

*raises fist into air and shakes it*

edit on 8-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It's a rock.

The above posts were written under the influence of a strong pain killer called Baclofen for severe back pain. I was having side effects including confusion and hallucinations.

I think it is really funny now.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is a like this www.abovetopsecret.com... Rats everywhere!

I found fish heads once. I remember the gorilla was popular also. keithlaney.net...
edit on 9-12-2012 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

I have seen a few reports on this. though I do believe extra terrestrial life do exist, I think at this case, this is mostly people wanting to see things. I also saw reports on so calles wooden beans on Mars, but who can tell the difference between wood and rock just by a pixilated photo? many geological phenomenons can make rocks look pretty symmetrical

John

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Link to what was original NASA picture

If anyone is following this still. I find this very strange if indeed. This link to the original NASA picture was here. I posted the link earlier in the form many weeks ago. I went back to look at the picture but NASA cutout and blacked out most of the picture. Its just a very small zoomed in portion of the picture. The picture of the rat or what ever it was is cutout. They also blacked out most of the picture. Before I did not no what to believe but now I think there is more to the story.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
That is very interesting indeed! I smell a rat, or lack of one.

Seriously, if it wasn't a rat, and was jut an ordinary rock, them why photoshop the pic?

Maybe this photo slipped NASA s fingers the first time, and someone had to come in and photo shop? This seems to make it more suspicious.
edit on 24-12-2012 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-12-2012 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by peaceanhope
Link to what was original NASA picture

If anyone is following this still. I find this very strange if indeed. This link to the original NASA picture was here. I posted the link earlier in the form many weeks ago. I went back to look at the picture but NASA cutout and blacked out most of the picture. Its just a very small zoomed in portion of the picture. The picture of the rat or what ever it was is cutout. They also blacked out most of the picture. Before I did not no what to believe but now I think there is more to the story.

I can still see the rat in question on the link you posted?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
maybe from earth and released as an experiment?

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
'More to the story' = people see a rock and visualize something else the same way they do with clouds and go nuts about it, therefore NASA takes the picture down because people are crazy and they're tired of hearing about it.

They have more important things to do than answer the phone and explain this to people so they take it down before even more people jump on board and they have to put half the staff on phones instead of other duties.

It's a rock. You want it to be more but it's not. It's just a rock.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Nothing was taken down.
The rock is still there.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Nothing was taken down.
The rock is still there.

Oh good! I don't click on links from just anyone, it's not always safe.

Thanks for pointing that out!

Glad the rock is still there and they can't make up more wild tales about it.

edit on 27-12-2012 by L8RT8RZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by L8RT8RZ

Opinions are just......you guessed it opinions! Your's bares as much significance as the poster previous.

edit on 30-12-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join