It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodents on Mars!!! The announcement NASA should have made?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthalien50
reply to post by ZetaRediculian

Pareidolia has something to do with psychological disorder, it is similar to obsessive-compulsive behavior.

you obviously made this up.

Where did you get your degree in psychology?

rutgers. you?

Your frustration is self-induced.

apparently not

Once again, where did you get your degree?

rutgers. you?

You have made this abundantly clear that you don't see it. Proves absolutely nothing.

you dont see it either
edit on 7-12-2012 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

Lol this thing.. freaked me the hell out for a sec.. Really does look like a rodent... Then again if you block out the face, looks like a rock.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I would say that you should take your own advice. To start with, there is no oxygen on Mars, so what is it that you think this supposed rodent is breathing? Time for you to be a little less gullible, I should think...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I, on the other hand, think that the OP has everything to do with some sort of psychological disorder. Most likely a touch of schizophrenia. ie. the inability to distinguish reality from fiction.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

I, on the other hand, think that the OP has everything to do with some sort of psychological disorder. Most likely a touch of schizophrenia. ie. the inability to distinguish reality from fiction.

Oooii Tumbleweed! Less of the insults and more of the facts.

I posted this in reference to an article someone else made. I never said for definite what it was, although later suggested it looks like a rodent, presumably on Earth.

Come back when you have actually have a little power to influence a mass opinion on ATS, because until than you'll always be a little b**ch who generally follows the flock of sheep.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

Okay for a start, organisms through evolution can be adaptable. Organisms can survive in arsenic. That's an extreme environment. And organism that evolves in that environment could possibly survive in that environment. Don't rule it out.

It could be a rock, but no way to tell. It sure has the shape of a rodent and the beady eyes. However the fact that it's ''leg'' is up in its neck makes me think that, yes, it is a rock.

However learn about adaptivity before you make such statements.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I hate to break it to you, but nobody has the power to influence mass opinions anywhere, let alone on this site. Also thanks for the oh-so intelligent response
. You need to take your own advice there buddy.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Absolute non-comment there. In fact, can I have my 3 seconds back?

Edit: Ahh apologies, I've just noticed you're Canadian. This now explains why you're acting like an inbred t***pot.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

The funny thing is, I could say the exact same thing to you and nobody would notice the difference. You need to turn your eyes inward, lest you end up a very lonely person.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Besides the fact where I come from, we own your asses, you really are boring me now.

It's a damm rodent, probably on Mars somewhere.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You know what, I honestly hope for your sake that you never end up in prison. At that point someone would literally own your ass. If you don't have anything constructive to say, do yourself and everyone around you a favour and STFU. BTW, it's funny that you call us Canadians bigoted and yet we're probably the closest thing to a righteous society that exists in this world today, which isn't saying much, but we're miles ahead of you Yanks. At least we didn't give up all of our freedoms wholesale when they told us that the terrorists were coming to kill us all ya self-righteous slug.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx

You know what, I honestly hope for your sake that you never end up in prison. At that point someone would literally own your ass. If you don't have anything constructive to say, do yourself and everyone around you a favour and STFU. BTW, it's funny that you call us Canadians bigoted and yet we're probably the closest thing to a righteous society that exists in this world today, which isn't saying much, but we're miles ahead of you Yanks. At least we didn't give up all of our freedoms wholesale when they told us that the terrorists were coming to kill us all ya self-righteous slug.

Touch a nerve did I? I am the bastion of constructivism and I need not your response on when I should or shouldn't STFU in MY OWN thread.

People take you about as serious as the minus -7,181 ATS points you have sun beam, so pick your fights wiser in the future petal, cause I bite back!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Pareidolia. The human mind sees what it wants to see.
Besides that, if it actually were a rodent, what would it eat? Rocks? What would it breathe? Mars doesn't have the capabilities to sustain life in that form (mammals), or any form as far as we know of at this point. In other words: why wouldn't someone accept the most logical and rational explanation? Because that person wants to believe. But that doesn't make it real.
edit on 7-12-2012 by -Thom- because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That is obviously Martian swamp gas.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I love this site. I enjoy reading the posts and the comments. One thing that always amazes me is the complete confidence some of you have when offering an opinion. Case in point; the rodent or rock question. Some of you are absolutely positive it is a rock, others are absolutely positive its a rat. Truth is, none of you really know. Stating emphatically that it IS anything is false in its truest sense. You don't know. Period. You are looking at one photograph. And not even a good one. And throwing out the Pareidolia diagnosis is also silly. It is merely poo pooing another persons opinion. It is better to view this with a skeptical yet open mind. We are at least 220 million miles away. Relying on equipment built by fallible humans to take pictures that are then reviewed by other fallible humans. And I don't buy the stupid argument that they never went to Mars. That is asinine.

My view; it is probably a rock but it might be a martian rat. I don't know but I will keep watching for the intrigue f it all.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

You think like everything in the universe simply MUST have the same requirements as Earth creatures. Broaden your mind a little. We don't know what mars has to offer in its deep dark recesses. We DO know that even on Earth not every life form requires oxygen and carbon based life for sustenance

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1972
reply to post by -Thom-

You think like everything in the universe simply MUST have the same requirements as Earth creatures. Broaden your mind a little. We don't know what mars has to offer in its deep dark recesses. We DO know that even on Earth not every life form requires oxygen and carbon based life for sustenance

Correct.
However, why assume that it isn't a rock? What happened to deny ignorance? What reason is there to assume it's a rodent?
Look at the picture, there's loads of rocks laying around, sure one of them must look like a something we know on earth... As I said, pareidolia is a better explanation than rodents. This has nothing to do with a lack of an open mind, more with lack of critical thinking.
edit on 7-12-2012 by -Thom- because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by -Thom-

It isn't the assessment that it is a rock. It is stating it as an absolute surety without acknowledging the FACT that there isn't enough information to make it an absolute that get under my skin. There is entirely too much of the "It's a rock. Sorry" comments around here. As well as the psychiatric diagnosis comments.

Is this object a rock? The highest likelihood is that it IS a rock. However, there is a minute chance that it is something else. That chance should be acknowledged. Stating anything as an absolute without absolute proof is folly of the highest order.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1972
reply to post by -Thom-

It isn't the assessment that it is a rock. It is stating it as an absolute surety without acknowledging the FACT that there isn't enough information to make it an absolute that get under my skin. There is entirely too much of the "It's a rock. Sorry" comments around here. As well as the psychiatric diagnosis comments.

Is this object a rock? The highest likelihood is that it IS a rock. However, there is a minute chance that it is something else. That chance should be acknowledged. Stating anything as an absolute without absolute proof is folly of the highest order.

There's also a minute chance that Hillary Clinton is a reptilian. What's the value of such a statement? Does ATS encourage this kind of reasoning?
What gets under MY skin, is that people are having a hard time letting go of the rodent theory. It's all about critical thinking and that's exactly what's lacking on this site nowadays imo. There is no reason the believe it is not a rock, because there is no evidence.
Now, I'm not assuming you are one of those people because I understand your reasoning, it's the tendency to cling on to outlandish claims without any evidence or reason to do so. It's a general thing.

I don't acknowledge the chance it is a rodent. It might be something else, but it's most likely a rock.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I know this is a conspiracy website but this is as bad and absurd as the 9/11 conspiracy crap.Obviously it is a rock.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join