It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rodents on Mars!!! The announcement NASA should have made?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
reply to post by earthalien50

And if it weren't for science, some people might still think the sun orbits the Earth.

The dates you list pre-date development of modern scientific methods.

Who said anything about the modern scientific method? Scientists were called scientists before the "modern scientific methods" were used.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
it came from this apartment complex

www.enterprisemission.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Sorry, I don't agree. Here on Earth, life finds a way. Life always finds a way. Who's to say, for example, that life moved underground on Mars? Who's to say that over millions of years life forms haven't evolved to meet the specific challenges of their environment? Like cold, or gravity, or lack of vegetation? All of those things have happened here, why not there?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
?

If thats a rodent, 2 of the rocks at the bottom of the picture (not the round looking one) are FISH! has anyone noticed that these 2 rocks are fish shaped. So in other words, if yours is a rodent, my 2 rocks are fish.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I have done my homework, and Mars has obviously been barren for a lot longer than any mummy could survive.

reply to post by rblewis6

Bacteria on Earth can survive extreme conditions, not warm blooded rodents (or other complex life).

I can't disagree with your living underground comment though, it could be possible, especially with the discovery of water ice.
edit on 6/12/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Ah this is freaky, now that i look closer, i realise the bottom one looks like a shark minus the fin, but just because sharks have a fin on earth doesnt mean martian ones have to right? I recon this one is lying in wait behind the round rock waiting to ambush the regular fish shaped one above the round rock.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthalien50

Originally posted by woogleuk

Even the best preserved mummies will turn to dust after a (long) while, especially when bombarded by extreme heat/cold and solar radiation.

As I stated before, mummies

would not turn to dust very quickly

I never said that they would not turn to dust.

I am new here, but I thought that ATS veterans would do their homework.

Yes, homework assignment:
1. define pareidolia
2. Describe what the other side of the object looks like.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I have done my homework, and Mars has obviously been barren for a lot longer than any mummy could survive.

Prove it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I've seen some interesting pics from the Mars rovers, but this one I'd say is clearly a rock.

Keep Diggin through the pics though.

"ROCK ON!!!"

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZetaRediculian

I never said that they would not turn to dust.

I am new here, but I thought that ATS veterans would do their homework.

Yes, homework assignment:
1. define pareidolia
2. Describe what the other side of the object looks like.

You have to go back to page 9 of this thread and read what I have to say at the bottom of that page about pareidolia and cognitive dissonance.

I will describe the other side of the object as soon as I read a description of my appearance in your post.
My question is as ridiculous as the other.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Prove it.

You are kidding right?

No, I will not prove something that would take you all of 5 minutes to Google.

I do not have the time to start throwing together the many reasons why Mars is the way it is, or how long it has probably been like that, or why it is impossible for there to be mummies on the surface.

You have the ability to set up an account and post on ATS, you have the ability to find out this information for yourself via Google or other search engines.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Prove it.

You are kidding right?

I do not have the time to start throwing together the many reasons why Mars is the way it is, or how long it has probably been like that, or why it is impossible for there to be mummies on the surface.

You have the ability to set up an account and post on ATS, you have the ability to find out this information for yourself via Google or other search engines.

With a statement as

Mars has obviously been barren for a lot longer than any mummy could survive.

I think he got all the right to say prove it, I would like to see you make this Google search, you can find alot things on google but finding the real truth, sorting the BS from non BS is the hard, I guess it depends how you feel about NASA and NSA.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Prove it.

You are kidding right?

Sorry, our conversation is over unless you show proof.

What you call obvious, is not so obvious to me. Enlighten me.

Prove me wrong, please. I am looking for new and challenging information to debunk this rodent conspiracy.

You said you did your homework and then you won't share information that is important and complex. Is this the ATS way? I seriously doubt it. I believe in science not a post on in a thread unless it teaches something of significance.

My personal belief is that there is a 10% probability that this is an animal type creature. If I deserve a tin foil hat for this, so be it.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Spiro
My friend,

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Spiro
From my personal experiences, I know fine well there are/is life on Mars.

No there's not. Prove it.

Thanks.

Yes, there is. No!

be safe be well

Spiro

That is because you can't and you know it.

Admit it,
Thanks.

This could go back and forth all day long. The only way I could convince you or other members is to ask if you all believe in Remote Viewing? If the answer is no then I'm wasting my pish up the wrong tree. If yes, then you would be in for a big surprise.

A few posts after my first one I mentioned that we work as a team of 4 here in the UK, for more reasons than just RV Mars. I will leave it at that

Be safe be well,

Spiro

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

ok, the oldest mummified remain on Earth are something like 5000 years old right, and remains are always protected from the elements or in a unchanged environment, ie in ice from mummification date.

We know extreme temperature variations break down nearly everything.

Anything on the surface of Mars will undergo extreme cold, and extreme heat unless at the poles.

We know from our understanding of science that Mars would have been the way it is now for millions of years, and once upon a time there may have been running water, but this has yet to be 100% confirmed.

Anything organic, would have turned to dust long ago, the best preservation would be that of fossils.

I'm not the best at explaining things, so seriously, do some research yourself.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

In 440BC there was no technology to help show them the world was round, from human perspective on the ground, the Earth is flat, especially in Holland.

The above statement makes no sense to me.
I accept that they did not have the technology. They were still scientists that believed the earth is round. That is my argument, not the ignorance of ancient science.

I was taught that ancient civilization had the wheel, bows and arrows, pyramids, advanced knowledge of astronomy, etc... Is this right, or are these things not science?

We know the effects certain things have on other things, we have a good understanding of how things should work, and yes, we are discovering new things all the time, but that still doesn't take away the knowledge we have already gained that tells us....it's just a smegging rock!

Can you prove that it is a rock?

edit on 12/6/2012 by earthalien50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

The above statement makes no sense to me.
I was taught that ancient civilization had the wheel, bows and arrows, pyramids, advanced knowledge of astronomy, etc... Is this right, or are these things not science?

Yes, that there is some (engineering) science involved there, learning how things work.

But they didn't have aeroplanes or balloons, or space shuttles, there was no way for them to know the Earth was round. I'm sure some figured it out by the way the stars and the sun/moon moved across the sky, and the fact everything else up there is round. But those people were most likely laughed at.

Comparing that to modern day science is a bit far out though.

Can you prove that it is a rock?

It depends how you define proof, I can prove it is a rock more than you can prove it is Alvin, Simon or Theodore, simply by understanding how things out there are supposed to work.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

What I'm saying are these could be human made artifacts from several thousand years ago. It wasn't "ancient Aliens", but "ancient Man" who was highly intelligent. We as the human race were there before on Mars when it was habitable, but have forgotten. Human made structures and objects were destroyed in a global impact on Mars by meteors at that time.

Now back to the rocks/potential artifacts, it is too hard to tell if they are just pretty rocks with the right lighting on them either. Anything on Mars now is dead, a fossil, or a rock.

Nothing evolved there on Mars, whatever remains are there were brought there from earth.
edit on 12/6/12 by TC Mike because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You are all assuming that because it is a rodent that it eats trees and grass etc in my experience rodents eat anything I had a rat that got into my bathroom cupboard and ate half a bar of lux soap and a plastic bag was chewed to ribbons as well in short they will eat just about anything maybe what ever that is on Mars is cannabilistic ie they eat each other ,and why does the ground under and around this beastie look devoid of small pebbles so that there is clean ground around it and the smaller pebbles start up again last time I looked rocks don't clean up around themselves ,they could even stay underground in caves where lichen or some type of moss grows thats if they are not eating each other ,and did the rover not confirm that the radiation levels on the martian surface where within acceptable limits for human habitation so if its ok for us then rodents could survive provided they have adapted to breathe the martian atmosphere could the term extremophiles not also extend to rodent like mammals they don't have to be squishy tube worms living near ocean vents....
Oh and btw I feel that Parei freekin dolia is fast becoming the new swamp gas, WMD's in Iraq now that was Pareidolia at its best ,if I see this word in a thread my mind is becoming conditioned to just filter it out immediately.
edit on 6-12-2012 by cookiemonster32 because: Because

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join