It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Relation with the church

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Are there any connections between the Catholic Church and the Masonic Community?

I�m asking this, because a few days ago, i saw in the news that a Masonic funeral "ritual" (I don't know if I can call it that way, sorry if it is wrong) took place in the church where the catholic ceremony will be performed, with the agreement of the catholic church.

The man was a well-known important person in my country.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Really, who was this great illuminari?

The only relation with masonry and the catholic church is that many priests are masons, despite papal idiocy. Masonry has nothing against the RCC, and many catholics are masons... but association? No, not at all...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
But, if there is no connection, how could the church let one of the buildings be used for a Masonic funeral ceremony?

Officially, isn�t the church "against" these secret societies?

I�m asking, because I�m really not into the subject.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
It depends on who you are referring to and what church. In the US, many Catholic Churches allow masonic services for Masons that died in the church. I have, unfortunately, been to a number of masonic funerals, and most churches allow the Masonic Memorial Rite, though in all honesty, some priests have asked that we do not, and in those cases, we perfom the memorial at the graveside.

top topics

join