It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where I'll Be On 12/21/2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
On December 21st, 2012, I am going to be spending time with my best friend in the whole world, my son. I am not waiting for anything magical to happen, because being with him is all the magic I need, if something magical happens then it will be because we are together.

I worked for years in a miserable job environment, traded so much time for money, time I will never get back, but this was mainly when I was single and did not have a son. I made a solemn promise to myself if I ever had kids I would cut back on work, and spend as much time with them as I could. And I kept that promise to myself.

A song always haunted me and kept me true to my word. "Cat's in the Cradle"
www.youtube.com...

Nowadays I have altered my lifestyle not to work, work, work, but to how exactly I want to live and be happy. At first it was extremely difficult, but now I wouldn't have it any other way. I found that small glimpses of happiness seemed to draw more happiness, love and clarity into my life.

Life has tossed me many curve balls, but I just get right back up, brush off the dirt, and step back up to the plate, because the game must go on, and I know that even someone that gets knocked down will hit a "Grand Slam" if he keeps trying, with all his heart.

And that is exactly what I do, because I believe that every time someone takes the time to love someone and connect with them we hit a "Grand Slam".

One thing I do know is that on the 21st of December 2012, I will light up the world with my small donation of love, love that I extend to my son, it may not be enough for the whole world, but if everyone took the time out, in their lives, to just love one person (Family or not), and really focus on that person, just think of how much love there would be.

I bet we would see something spectacular happen on December 21st, 2012.

Peace Out and Love to you all,

RT
edit on 5-12-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Of course you will see something wondeful on Dec. 21st! It is my birthday, afterall. The Epoch event is all I've ever really wanted for my birthday anyway.

I think it is wonderful you will be spending it with your son. The relationship between father and son is something very important. Unfortunately the transitional, tribal traditions we had to mark the change from child to adult have been consumed by industrialism.

Maybe they'll comeback.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
Of course you will see something wondeful on Dec. 21st! It is my birthday, afterall. The Epoch event is all I've ever really wanted for my birthday anyway.

I think it is wonderful you will be spending it with your son. The relationship between father and son is something very important. Unfortunately the transitional, tribal traditions we had to mark the change from child to adult have been consumed by industrialism.

Maybe they'll comeback.

Well Happy Birthday to you then.

Something only comes if we make it happen, so be the light you wish to see in the world. That is my motto.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think I am going to take my kids out for a Brownie earthquake..

We might watch some apocalypse movies.

Regardless I will be spending the day with my kids.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Thank you so much for sharing this with us friend. It is a small thread but it packs a punch. We need more people to realize how precious we are to each other.

Because of this thread, I go to sleep tonight feeling a little bit better about the world we live in.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It'd be pretty neat if the 21st of December became a sub holiday.
Like oh, it's the day you watch apocolyptic movies and laugh about all the speculation that took place.
It'd be popular with the movie buffs for sure!
And our generation would get to explain how some of us had wild theories and predictions just like y2k.
That'd be tolerable. A little enlightenment for the planet would be nice though. We could use it.

Anyway, enjoy your day with your son!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
i'll be drinking, a lot

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Already planned...

Me and a gathering of friends will be drinking lots of beer in the 'Worlds End' pub in Camden Town, London.

Will be disapointed if we see the 22nd as that means I'll have to put up with a massive hangover !!

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

No one has ever laid on their deathbed and wishing they had spent more time at work.
They lay on their deathbed wishing they had spent more time with their families.

BTW, December 21, 2012 will be the end of our 3D Earth and the beginning of our
4D Earth. You will see time zone anomalies on the TV news channels.
edit on 5-12-2012 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
If you are alone on that date,do something nice for yourself.

Realtruth will also be sending loving thoughts and compassion to all the lonely people on that day. I may not physically be able to connect, but rest assured I am thinking positive thoughts and sending them your way.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

No one has ever laid on their deathbed and wishing they had spent more time at work.
They lay on their deathbed wishing they had spent more time with their families.

Time zone anomalies? What do you mean?
I'm curious of what you believe will occur. Let me know fam.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
It's been sometime since I've posted in ATS, even forgot my password but after reading this thread I just had to sign in. I think your post is amazing and I'm happy that you realize the love for your son is more important then work. It's actually really easy to get lost in everyday instances and forget our loved ones.

Three years ago I would have told you I would be working and after work I'd be getting wasted with family and friends. Today I tell you I met the girl of my dreams just three years ago, she has literally turned my life upside down (in a good way).. I never had kids as I never really met anybody I wanted to have them with so I just left it at that. She has 3 wonderful children that I take care of. Their father was never really a part of their lives, he is just a nasty dude with no morals and that's all I'll get into about that. Trust me at first it was a little awkward for me, never having kids, only looking out for myself and close family and friends but when the 15 year old boy looked at me after the first 2 months he was under my roof and said you've been more a father to me in 2 months then my own dad was for 15 years I knew it was meant to be.. The smiles on their faces when I walk in the door or am outside with them is an indescribable feeling. It really got me thinking and I turned in some vacation time for the 19th, 20th then don't go back to work till the 2nd of January. I will be spending time with them as they were my own and my beautiful lady.

Now this does not mean that I won't be having a couple drinks, just in a different manner as before
. May you have a wonderful holiday with your son and I will be happy to see a post from you on December 22nd 2012.

edit on 5-12-2012 by lighter78 because: edited cuz i can't type.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Time zone anomalies? What do you mean?
I'm curious of what you believe will occur. Let me know fam.

December 22, 2012 flights will leave New York City and arrive in London,UK
2 hours early/late with no explanation. No big deal.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Took the day off work.
I am going to be at a hot tub party that starts on the 20th and ends on the 22nd.
BYOB bring your own BOB.(yes I am being serious)

If anything does happen we will already be together with supplies.

I highly doubt anything will happen but its still a good excuse for a unique party.
The keg is ready to be tapped.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenGlassDoor

my birthday aswell!
December 21st

i will be spending it with my 3 year old daughter
nothing in the world will be more rewarding than having her boss me around and tell me im not doing it right!
my angel!

thanks for sharing realtruth.

edit on 5-12-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Now that sounds like fun. Anyone that is by themselves needs to seriously consider this party. lmao!

Just make sure your skin doesn't wrinkle after 2 days in the hot tub.

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
Took the day off work.
I am going to be at a hot tub party that starts on the 20th and ends on the 22nd.
BYOB bring your own BOB.(yes I am being serious)

If anything does happen we will already be together with supplies.

I highly doubt anything will happen but its still a good excuse for a unique party.
The keg is ready to be tapped.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I will be with my wife and my little girl in an hotel with an indoor pool and a water and amusement park.
I will try to remember you Realtruth, and your "small donation of love".
I'll probably chip in, and give it a shot. I'll send all my love to your original intent.
We never know, it may make a difference.

Cheers,

Lovizall

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'll probably be at work.
Then home for dinner.
See my family for an hour or so.
Then bed so I can get up for work.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
As a single dad I spend every day with my son, but I get your message.

If the apocalypse happens I'll be sad that my son didn't get alot of time with his mum. Despite my feelings or the circumstances, all kids deserve a mother and father.

That being said, I have no doubt at all that we'll all still be here on the 22nd.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This thread just made me think of something. I was wondering why my boss was looking at me funny. I'm taking my son to his checkup for Autism on the 21st. I requested half the day off. So, on Dec. 21st 2012, I will be spending more time with my family. We'll enjoy the beautiful drive from eastern Washington over the mountains to western Washington, go to the doctor, do something nice together as a family, then go home. Then I'll log onto ATS, and watch my wife look at me funny as I tell her the latest 2012 stories. (Sometimes to throw her off, I give her good, relevant information, and when she wants to know where I got this nugget is from, I tell her I got it off here. The look on her face is priceless.)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join