It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapon Ideas and Describe Them!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
My idea is to have a gun that has a small computer lock-on system. That shoots acid balls. Kind Of like a paintball gun except it would have acid that could melt through armor and metal. The Acid Wouldn't Melt through skin but only armor and metal and vehicles and stuff like that. Or a grenade that would explode and acid would splatter everywhere. I think i have some good ideas do you? I also think it would be kool if their was a gun that shot really sharp, and small armor peircing needles.

Mod Edit: to remove all-caps from thread title.

[Edited on 22-10-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
They had a little known prototype rifle in the Vietnam war that fired a small needle like projectile. I was designed to bend once it hit something to cause more damage to the target.

They ran into some problems with the rifle though.

Interesting idea though did you know that a kevlar vest can stop a bullet but not a sewing needle. The needle is so thin kevlar can't stop it, this is also how they are able to sew a vest together. So a needle like projectile would go right though Kevlar. The armour plate in a vest might be another story though.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
wow didn't no that lol but ya i like my gun designs
lol well tell more people to post

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
They had a little known prototype rifle in the Vietnam war that fired a small needle like projectile. I was designed to bend once it hit something to cause more damage to the target.

They ran into some problems with the rifle though.

Interesting idea though did you know that a kevlar vest can stop a bullet but not a sewing needle. The needle is so thin kevlar can't stop it, this is also how they are able to sew a vest together. So a needle like projectile would go right though Kevlar. The armour plate in a vest might be another story though.

The main roblem is getting a sewig needle to fire out of a gun. That, and a sewing needle, even at high speed, isn't going to do alot of damage (except hurt like hell).

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

The main roblem is getting a sewig needle to fire out of a gun. That, and a sewing needle, even at high speed, isn't going to do alot of damage (except hurt like hell).

The prototype gun used a projectile more along the size and shape of a nail. I saw it along time ago and I cant remember why they scrapped it.

I think for something as small as a needle to work if would really have to be like a kinetic sabot round from a tank.Using a casing to house the needle as it exits the barrel then having it fall away after leaving just the needle. Kinetic Energy = 1/2 Mass X Speed2 so with enough speed even something as small as a needle can have more kinetic energy then a 50.cal bullet.

Im not sure how much speed it would need to do something like that though. Perhaps something like railgun speeds 2mile/sec

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
The prototype gun used a projectile more along the size and shape of a nail. I saw it along time ago and I cant remember why they scrapped it.

I think for something as small as a needle to work if would really have to be like a kinetic sabot round from a tank.Using a casing to house the needle as it exits the barrel then having it fall away after leaving just the needle. Kinetic Energy = 1/2 Mass X Speed2 so with enough speed even something as small as a needle can have more kinetic energy then a 50.cal bullet.

Im not sure how much speed it would need to do something like that though. Perhaps something like railgun speeds 2mile/sec

True, althoguh unless you can get the needle to fragment or expand, it's still basically going to do in one end and out the other, or just sit around in the body. Not a nice experience by any means, but I imagine it wouldn't necessarilly take you out fo a fight.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I have an Idea about a bullet with condensed foamin it. The bullet would explode about a meter away spraying foam all over the target. The foam would then combine with air making it very sticky so the target will stick to things that touch them and be unable to escape. I call it the spiderman bullet

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
How would those balls and grenades hold the acid if it can burn through metal and armor?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
How about a antimatter powered directed energy beam. Essentially, it would be a multimegawatt laser.

A very small amount of antimatter could be stored in a portable containment system, which would then be used as a reactant in a small directed chamber, which if it could be directed right would send a high energy stream of gamma rays at a target. This could be used to power a very high power laser.

You could cook a horse from 100 miles away.

Arky

Odd

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
How about some sort of area-effect meta-bong that, when smoked, will cause inebriation and euphoria in all people within a three-mile radius? Just get a squadron of men out there on the field, light some of these sumnabitches up, and we can all sit around and listen to Pink Floyd instead of shooting each other

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
How would those balls and grenades hold the acid if it can burn through metal and armor?

Because it wouldn't react with glass or whatever the ball is amde of. Acid 'burn' is just a reaction. Find something the acid doesn't react with and you're find.

99% of acid you see in movies would never exist in real life.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hey lol i think that you r right i mean acid doesn't just burn through anything it called a "CHEMICAL REACTION" hince the name the chemical(acid) would touch something and not mix very well if you catch my drift anyway keep posting this subject is never ending so keep it up!!!

(DENY IGNORANCE!!!!)

join