It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaker Boehner PURGES principled conservatives from budget/fiscal committees, angers grassroots Rep

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
i'm looking forward to going over the fiscal cliff...cuts bloated military spending, the wealthy go back to paying what they did during the clinton administration as far as inheritance taxes, capital gains taxes, and income taxes.
and remember this "fiscal cliff" was a sunset clause put in with the bush tax cuts during the early part of 2000's
edit on 5-12-2012 by jimmyx because: addition

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

the overwhelming contributions from corporations goes to republicans.

Are you so sure about that?
www.opensecrets.org...
www.opensecrets.org...
Oh geez, looks like 0bama got most of the money there.

people that work full time at wal-mart get food stamps because they make so little in wages

And what? SO???

unions make up only 13% of the nations workers...extremely powerful???...13% of the workforce??

Yep, ever heard of the AFL-CIO? Yeah, not to powerful huh?

the right-wing supreme court authorized secret political contributions that could originate from foreign interests with their citizens united decision

Ah, but it seems that both sides are benefiting from this, as what what the total take home booty of 0bama?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
reply to post by eLPresidente

What lie are they perpetrating?

I think the point of this thread went completely over your head.

LOL eLPresidente.

Republicans have become to believe that the most important thing to do is to get Republicans elected no matter what, even at the cost of spitting on their own Republican ideals. The Republican ideals somehow have become less valuable to them then the party itself.

edit on 5-12-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

Which...in a nutshell, is why neither party can be trusted to actually deliver the points of their supposed party platforms.

If a party is willing to "change" their basic ideals and philosophies on the public stage just to get elected, then that means they are willing to say anything and have no intention of following through with any of it.

I can no longer trust either party as far as I can throw their leaders...it is way past time for fundamental changes.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

Your logic doesn't make sense in regards to new membership equating to higher approval rating. I'm not surprised they have new members joining up. They just lost an election and are motivated to become active.

SO, the Tea Party lost the election and not republican Mitt Romney???

I've given you two credible polls (one of the them is even from FOX) to provide you with evidence and you've chosen to deny them, and instead tell yourself the polls are somehow wrong. At this point I may as well be arguing with a brick wall.

Polls of a 1000 people are the heart beat of America as a whole.
Who said they were wrong? They are a poll of 1000 people. And those 1000 people stated, as a percentage that 41% did not like the TP. Ok.

Please read my signature. If you follow that advice, you may be able to free yourself from the bubble of ignorance you're enshrouded in.

Oh geez, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Can I just look in your direction, maybe breath the same air?

You do think very highly of yourself.

It is funny, that you would take a poll of 1000 people as word of God, over a growing membership of a group.
But, you go ahead and live your life based on polling.
I will go forth with hard numbers, like a growing membership base.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

ok...i will admit that corporations did give obama a little more, but maybe romney was such an obvious loser, that they went with the odds-on favorite. and you see no problem with people not making enough money at wal-mart that they need my tax money to pay for help...rather than from the billions in profits taken in at wal-mart???...and the AFL-CIO?? they have had to agree to cuts in benefits and wages for their workers just so the corporations don't fire those workers...yeah...wow...powerful.
and as far as citizens united...so the republicans want the democrats to come to a gun fight armed with a knife....where is the morality of this decision as far republicans are concerned?? it's their boys on the court, it's their boys in the legislature that could create the fix needed....

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Wrong, The Democrat party is not what they seem to be, Study the Democrat party history and you will see the true party. Irregardless neither party can survive without the other and they are both destroying each other at the American peoples peril.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

LOL, love the pics. I agree both parties work for the lobbyist. Its the political cheerleaders that overlook their ideals to coincide with the party that is ruining this country.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by interupt42
reply to post by Jeremiah65

LOL, love the pics. I agree both parties work for the lobbyist. Its the political cheerleaders that overlook their ideals to coincide with the party that is ruining this country.

i do agree with you on that...it's up to both parties to limit the influence of lobbyists, but apparently that is not as sexy as abortion, taxes, and dividing the country into sound bites of nanner-nanner

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
You guys sure are interesting!

This is not about left vs right, I just wished some of you understood that.

They are not flushing out the fiscal conservatives to 'compromise' better, they are flushing out fiscal conservatives because that is the new wave of the Republican Party. The GOP establishment's goal isn't to compromise with the left, you all must be SILLY to understand that, they stand for the exact same things.

The GOP establishment is trying to stay relevant by doing so.

And no, the Republican party won't lose seats in 2014. Establishment Republicans will lose seats to LIBERTY Republicans and that is why the ESTABLISHMENT is fighting tooth and nail to keep them OUT.

WHY oh WHY is it so hard for so many ATS members to see the two party duopoly for who they really are? Two heads of the same beast...they don't care about you. Get with the program.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Indigo5

Good hell.
They are trying to get rid of those Libertarians and Tea Party members because they are not only not wanting to tow the party line, but want smaller, less restrictive Govt with lower taxes for ALL.
Neither party wants that.
The GOP has been a defunct home to those people for some time now, and are being shown the walking papers.

Funny, as what you state as a sole percentage of America being Liberals, Progressives is not backed by any numbers. Unless you maybe got to Think Progress.

The country is pretty much center right, with a growing percentage not really left or right, but of the Gimme Attitude. That knows no party lines or boundaries.

I do love hearing Progressives and Liberals telling the GOP how they should act and what to do. That is so typical of them. Always thinking they know what is best for others. And then working to cram it down their throats.

I would dare to argue that the majority of the American public stands behind democratic ideas and principles, as evidenced by the recent presidential election.

Also, It's not just the GOP and democrats who want to get rid of the Tea Party... The public wants them out as well. Only 41% of net support. source

Currently, as it stands, the majority of the American voting body stands behind whatever they are force-fed by the media.

The democratic party represents:
unsustainable government growth
control through welfare
false promises
military industrial complex
keynesianism
the federal reserve
and so on.

The most ridiculous part is, that is what the Republican party currently stands for as well.

The Tea Party is also a joke that has been hi-jacked by special interests.

Or you could get a real analysis of the average American by giving them a real life scenario and how to fix it, rather than asking them which party they support and to repeat the party talking points.

Walk down the street, ANY STREET and do a personal poll asking how Americans would balance a family budget or how to secure financial future under massive debt, an overwhelming majority of Americans with a family will tell you that hard sacrifices must be made, costs must be cut. Very little will tell you to borrow into the future and expand costs at the same time.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
If by "principled" you mean stubborn and completely unwilling to compromise, then sure I'll agree with that article.

This is a situation where compromise is required. Kicking out people completely unwilling to compromise sounds like a good thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

ok...i will admit that corporations did give obama a little more, but maybe romney was such an obvious loser, that they went with the odds-on favorite.

Okay then

and you see no problem with people not making enough money at wal-mart that they need my tax money to pay for help

Geez, you mean that a low end job, not requiring a whole lot of skill doesn't pay a whole lot of money???
First, that doesn't merit getting Govt freebies.
Second, that should be motivation to work for a better job, not turn around and expect everyone else to support their life while they either work to excel in life or stay in mediocrity.

...rather than from the billions in profits taken in at wal-mart???

So, those dollars are not earned by Walmart as a company?
Here is a simple fix, don't work for Walmart.
Or, how about work for Walmart, but stop whining because they pay at the low end. I have yet to see where a representative of Walmart held a gun to someones head, and forced them to work there.

...and the AFL-CIO?? they have had to agree to cuts in benefits and wages for their workers just so the corporations don't fire those workers...yeah...wow...powerful.

Oh yeah, by bringing a company to a screeching halt, stopping manufacturing, forcing a business to except high overhead costs, having to deal with striking workers harassing temp workers....Shall I go on?
Hey, what did Richard Trumpka make last year?
What were the visits to the White House about?
What was the political contributions of the AFL-CIO again?
Yep, you are right. No power at all. sure sure.

and as far as citizens united...so the republicans want the democrats to come to a gun fight armed with a knife....where is the morality of this decision as far republicans are concerned?? it's their boys on the court, it's their boys in the legislature that could create the fix needed....

Ah, so first it was bad, now it is good, because it wasn't fair for the Dems to go into a lop sided battle?
No principles at all.
You are either for it, or against it.
You are either ashamed that your party is using it, or you are happy with it. Can't be both. Just try to stop making excuses for it. Embrace it, as it seems to have favored 0bama and got all the wanters their guy to get them free stuff.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

WOW, so your solution is just eliminate all opposition, regardless if they are friend or foe.
Sounds very much like the Alinsky method and Chicago tactics.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

i'm looking forward to going over the fiscal cliff...cuts bloated military spending, the wealthy go back to paying what they did during the clinton administration as far as inheritance taxes, capital gains taxes, and income taxes.
and remember this "fiscal cliff" was a sunset clause put in with the bush tax cuts during the early part of 2000's
edit on 5-12-2012 by jimmyx because: addition

I hope we go over as well. The people that currently live off entitlements will end up sucking up most of the costs as businesses try to stay afloat by rising prices.

Of course this will usher in more entitlements and increase unemployment, thus ushering in the Cloward-Piven Strategy.

But finally, the mask will be off the progressive movement and we can kick them all out for good!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
A lot of people complain about how we need more people with Ron Paul's integrity in DC.

Well now you have at least 4 and when they get PURGED by the establishment, you guys say good riddance because you think a budget compromise is what will save this country from going off the 'fiscal cliff'.

Don't you guys get it? Stop playing the game, the two party system doesn't care about you. The only way to get ANYTHING BENEFICIAL done is to get rid of ALL establishment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join