It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Some Honesty from all you Single Men Out There

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

Originally posted by timidgal
reply to post by Kody27

Now I could pound on you for your apathetic views, but I did ask the question and you're merely supplying your own answer.

With that said, I never stated that this guy was a sociopath and I don't agree with your opinion that we project ourselves onto our partners. I believe that in any successful relationship, you'll usually find a ying and a yang to balance each other. Just my own opinion.

As for your other comments about sexual fantasies, I'll just put you firmly in the "guys are dogs" column if that's your honest feeling...

Sex is a cornerstone for a healthy marriage, and a romantic relationship in general. If the sex isn't good, he will go somewhere else. Whether you think that is dog-like or not is irrelevant. A man will find good sex if it's the last thing he does. Period.
Generalization, stereotype.. call it what you like.

That statement just isn't true.

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Mister_Bit

What you say may be the case for some men and women too, which is why there is so much divorce and seperation and unhappiness in so many relationships. imho. In my view, this lady will know when she meets the right guy as will he, she just has to keep looking, Sex is only one ingredient in any relationship, but try paying the grocery bill with it, or the electric bill. and that would say money is a part of a relationship too, and it sure is as it causes many breakups. but anyway not to get away from the topic, a good relationship just kind of grows, its not an in your face experience that jumps suddenly in front of you, like anything that grows it takes time,

Jumping into bed the first or second date is not a good foundation, Love is a real growing thing that needs to be nourished and groomed, and that will happen when two compatible people meet, odd as it seems real love is pretty rare in our world, and those fortunate enough to find the real article sure are lucky. with real love comes trust and understanding, a coming together of two as one, you will recognise it when it happens believe me.. so my advice to this lady poster is to forget this guy completely, it was a case of mistaken identity for your heart. keep looking and be prepared for more just like him, until finally you will get the guy your heart was searching for. whatever you do, never lose faith or give up, that would mean his negative ways has changed your life, and that is not what you should allow to happen, think of the other guy, he's waiting right now someplace, you just gotta keep looking.. just step carefully and dont pull down the shutters until you really are sure...

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Interesting thread and this is what I can make of it..

It has been a present from my mother, father and God that I am a more than average good-looking and intelligent young middle aged man (that is what my mother keeps telling me). I am also the proud owner of a sparkling personality full with wonderful imperfections. With these outstanding qualities I experianced real heartbreaking disappointments with women.

What is wrong with me..? I am aware that I am not perfect and do not have the ambition to be..Than what is it which makes me so unlucky with finding my soulmate, share life and love? All that while I am attractive, warm and fun to be with. I am sure it wasn't because I have not enough money, status or stuff....for the obvious reason that I do not have all of these things.

I must confess that I try to be careful to whom I give my love and therefore did I not experiance many of these "disappointments", not more than a handful. So,.... considering giving and receiving love precious I tried to give it a thought why this keeps happening to me.

Of course I am aware that I am part of the reason but also came to the conclusion that the last unfortunate woman expected something which I could not deliver. And I am sure that this "something" is something which she will also not find in her next relationship. This woman is in search of something which isn't real and will this woman only find rest and peace in her heart until she will accept and understand that she can't have it all.

I know, my story will probably not give you much answers but then again love and relationships are complex matters...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't read the entire topic and didn't notice it was months old.
edit on 2/9/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: Sorry I didn't read the entire topic and didn't notice it was months old.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The common thing now days is to find someone and keep looking.

Find someone better and keep looking....

Find someone better and keep looking....

It seems like partner hopping and mate climbing is the only way people know to interact any more.

It's a common thing for people to only date others who are"in demand" instead of dating people who are single and unattached. This means that most people start a relationship by dating someone who is already in a relationship.

Look for a cheater and you will usually find one.

I won't bother talking about morals as the vast majority of society seems to hate the mere mention of a rule that might prevent unlimited sex with unlimited partners.

I will say this though.
There's a severe shortage of class in the dating/relationship scene lately.
It's more like a pig farm.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join