It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren Wins Senate Banking Committee Seat?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Did I just read numerous comments here that because the lie, sorry, the story, happened in the 90's that it matters not on the character of a person sitting in Congress? Just curious, do we even attempt to nominate and seat men and women of character or only those that fit our narratives on the the world view we hold, i.e, she is a democrat so I must support her or he is a republican so I must support him.

What an anemic and sad country we have become.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Well clearly you only read PART of what was written. What did your parents tell you your heritage is? Have you proved it? DNA? Professional geneaologist? This is a Republican manufactured non-issue. The vast majority of us repeat what we have been told by our parents throughout our lives regarding our heritage and never feel the need to vet it. It has nothing whatsoever to do with character.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Given the response in this thread, I have to say that it's always interesting watching Republicans fighting the LAST election tooth-and-nail, instead of formulating a position that is more in line with the reality of their recent comeuppance.

Great theatre!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

No, not anymore.
Liars, thieves and criminals are now the new Politicians here to save us from ourselves.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
[she says she was repeating a family tradition - making more out of it than that just makes you look like a jerk.

Oh whaaa whaaa whaaa ... Whatsamatta? Someone exposed a politician that you like for being a liar and a fake? So you name call? Soooo mature.

I don't look like a jerk. Not even close. Elizabeth Warren, on the other hand, looks like a liar and a fraud. Like I said .. a perfect politician to join hands with the corrupt-chicago crowd in the White House.

The Warren cheerleaders are happy. That's all that matters right?
Forget the lies and the bubble-headed woman who is now on the Senate Banking Committee ..
As long as she's got that (D) after her name it's just great.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Forget the lies and the bubble-headed woman who is now on the Senate Banking Committee ..
As long as she's got that (D) after her name it's just great.
Bubble head? Really? Teaching Law at Harvard Law School, and she's a bubblehead? Don't Republicans usually attack intellectuals by calling them "Egg Heads"?

Bubble-head, indeed!

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Circumstance
The fact that Wall Street/bankers can't stand her, it must chafe all their asses that she is now on the Banking Committee...and that makes me gleeful
edit on 6-12-2012 by Circumstance because: (no reason given)

It's a shame that you have no idea what you are talking about. No wonder you find glee in such a miserable situation.

Elizabeth Warren openly campaigned for her seat with her Wall Street banker friends glorifying her as a Wall Street messiah. She's a bold faced liar and a complete and utter disaster.

LOL @ her getting on the banking committee if it is indeed true.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Elizabeth Warren openly campaigned for her seat with her Wall Street banker friends glorifying her as a Wall Street messiah. She's a bold faced liar and a complete and utter disaster.

On what planet did this happen?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

There are many morons teaching at Harvard. There are also many morons with degrees from there as well.
A piece of paper shows nothing but that they can do requirements to fulfill something.
And teaching there only means that someone got a bunch of paper, knows somewhere there and has agreeing viewpoints as the rest of the staff.

She is not impressive to say the least.

edit on 6-12-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Well clearly you only read PART of what was written. What did your parents tell you your heritage is? Have you proved it? DNA? Professional geneaologist?

Why yes I have. 50% Norwegian and traced back to Norway. 25% Swedish, recently connected with that side of the family and filled in gaps. Son's of the Mayflower registered, Son's of the Revolution registered. So yes, I have. The last two go under scrutiny by those organizations and they examine the family line.

Here is the kicker. There is a family story that some of my forefathers were aided by Sacajawea and that we might have intermingled with the Shoshone, but since it is only conjecture and speculation, I don't make any claims. To me, its a family story.

This is a Republican manufactured non-issue. The vast majority of us repeat what we have been told by our parents throughout our lives regarding our heritage and never feel the need to vet it. It has nothing whatsoever to do with character.

I can care less if democrat or republican, you obviously too the knee-jerk reactionary path. The vast majority of people can care less about heritage in a candidate but it was brought up as an issue; petty maybe, but it was there with no documentation to back it up. I would be just as critical if it were on the other side of the aisle. Party politics only corrupts the stupid.
edit on 6-12-2012 by ownbestenemy because: Corrected an incorrect statement.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
There are many morons teaching at Harvard. There are also many morons with degrees from there as well.
A piece of paper shows nothing but that they can do requirements to fulfill something.
And teaching there only means that someone got a bunch of paper, knows somewhere there and has agreeing viewpoints as the rest of the staff.

She is not impressive to say the least.
I think you need to educate yourself about education. The word 'moron' is being thrown about in a seriously ironic sense.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

What is needed. I have meet and seen what is produced out of Harvard.
GWB ring any bells. Along with others. and the current crops as well.

They are unimpressive to say the very least.

You place value on this crap over useful items and common sense.
But, so long as they keep pumping out good little progressives, created by good bog progressives, all is great in the land, so long as they have that worthless piece of paper with the Harvard Crest on it.

Int he words of Neo, I say Meh!!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I have three native American ancestors that we can trace and there may be a few more. Many single white men went west in the early days of the U.S. and many took Native American wives. Therefore, many "white" people do have this in their family trees.

I certainly do not look Native American, nor do I claim any rights and privileges of my ancestry. But I really see no harm in Warren's wanting to affirm her identity in this way in the 1990's. She doesn't do this anymore anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

What is needed. I have meet and seen what is produced out of Harvard.
GWB ring any bells. Along with others. and the current crops as well.
You wanna judge anyone with a degree by the standards of Bush, you go right ahead. It's your little bubble.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

No, I just don't hold them up as pinnacles of what the best and brightest are.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I just don't hold them up as pinnacles of what the best and brightest are.

On the other hand....

edit on 7-12-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: style, my man...style.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Really????

Sorry, but Harvard is far from an environment that produces the best and smartest of our society.
It is a place, on a large percentage, that rich kids go to create those long lasting networked friendships to assist them in their jobs later in life.
But, you go ahead and hold in high regards those that pay through the nose for a piece of paper that George W Bush has as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

reply to post by FlyersFan

Happened in college and law school. Doesn't have much to do with getting elected now does it? And yea, I don't ever recall her saying she DIDN'T check said boxes. She simply said the she did not question what she had been told by her family growing up. Frankly, I don't know many people who question the heritage they are told by their parents/grand parents. Why would we?

You are aware that there are admittance quotas for minorities, right? You are aware that there are scholarship funds granted to various minority groups, right? You are aware that preferential treatment is mandated by law for minorities through EEOC and countless other federal and state initiatives, right?

Of course you are! BUT... you prefer to be disingenuous and dissemble in the face of these facts. Go ahead, drive your head back into the sand. Those of us actually interested in making an attempt to demand some honesty and integrity from our politicians and leaders have work to do - and it starts by making sure this LIAR gets nowhere near the Banking Committee!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Well clearly you only read PART of what was written. What did your parents tell you your heritage is? Have you proved it? DNA? Professional geneaologist? This is a Republican manufactured non-issue. The vast majority of us repeat what we have been told by our parents throughout our lives regarding our heritage and never feel the need to vet it. It has nothing whatsoever to do with character.

My parents have always told me that I am American. I can look in the mirror and see that I'm white, so that makes me a white American! Now, my family tree indicates that I am Italian, Irish, Polish and Russian - however, I don't recall EVER checking any box other than "WHITE AMERICAN". Strangely, Elizabeth Warren wasn't able to draw that same conclusion. Does she not possess a mirror?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Given the response in this thread, I have to say that it's always interesting watching Republicans fighting the LAST election tooth-and-nail, instead of formulating a position that is more in line with the reality of their recent comeuppance.

Great theatre!

It's Monday, you're slow - perhaps hungover - so I'll show some mercy. The recent election results STILL show that about HALF the country is REPUBLICAN. Please explain the "Comeuppance"?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join