REPORT: Anonymous Hacks Top Nuclear Watchdog Again To Force Investigation Of Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Anon are legion? really? how interesting... yawn

I wish people would stop using the word 'hack' and 'anon' in the same sentence. All anon will achieve is the further removal of privacy.
edit on 5-12-2012 by CrimsonMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that anon are both legitimate groups operating under the name, and groups operating under that name in order to push other groups' agendas.

In this case, I think its highly suspect that right after the UN votes about the israeli nuclear situation , anon comes out and does something for the same cause. I'm not sure why tptb would benefit from an audit of israeli nuclear intentions, perhaps they plan to try and show that israel 'lost' some weapons grade material or somesuch.. Who knows...

Perhaps its actually an exercise in building public support for Anon (so the label can be used more effectively in the future to shape public opinion), rather than using them to achieve something else?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

I know that we cannot be sure who anonymous actually is as there have been many claims that proved to not actually be from THE Anonymous. Sometimes I don't know what to believe, especially after last week when they hit out against the Syrian Government's fight of Western-backed terrorist forces.

Hadn't actually heard about the first hack. But did see another story today regarding the UN vote for Israel to sign the NPT.

Which is also curious. Why all of a sudden is the UN ostensibly taking a position against Israel?? I just don't trust all the things you read. So hard to differentiate between truth, disinformation, misinformation, propaganda, and so forth.

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I tend to think that Anonymous is much like Al-Qaeda in the sense that it has government ties but is still staffed by people who feel they have taken up a just cause against the US.

I think the US allows these types of groups to thrive so they can watch them and who's in them in order to identify their enemy.

So in a sense. Anyonymous is both a US agency as well as a bonafide computer "terrorist" organization.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

I wish people would stop using the word 'hack' and 'anon' in the same sentence. All anon will achieve is the further removal of privacy.

so your philosophy is that you should never fight for your ideals or your eroding rights?

And another question. You think if Anon wasn't around that your privacy rights would remain intact?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

so your philosophy is that you should never fight for your ideals or your eroding rights?

And another question. You think if Anon wasn't around that your privacy rights would remain intact?

I think Anon and Occupy have something in common here. Both have this insane concept of "DO SOMETHING!" Purely for the sake of doing anything. Ahh the joys of youth and lack of life experience. I can't imagine what else it could be. Only people who have never seen how badly the WRONG MOVES can be in a situation can possibly cling to this 'doing something beats nothing' idea.

No... Doing SOMETHING WELL or EFFECTIVELY beats doing nothing. Doing something badly or worse, half way does nothing but train the other side how to suppress and defeat similar people in the future. The cops were babes in the woods in America and truly ignorant of how to handle Occupy or the whole hard core protest movement.

Thanks for them, civilian police now have a true expertise in putting down civilian protest...and what did OUR side gain for such things lost? I see absolutely nothing tangible that was gained....to make THAT loss justified.

Equally, before anonymous started hacking up everything they could reach and just spewing whatever they got like sewage from a blown septic tank, Computer Security hadn't met a threat quite like that to train against, learn against and gain true expertise in locating and defeating.

Dandy... ANOTHER method and tactic burned and wasted for....What has Anon actually GAINED for the loss of the method forever? Umm.. yeah.. I can't come up with much.

There are cases when doing "something" just for the sake of it? Is the WORST THING someone can do. Take action that WORKS...not counter-productive foolishness because someone with charisma and a good idea said it was the right thing to do.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Why yes, that's exactly what he said! He said 'Don't do anything at all'.

How have 'Anon' done anything to preserve privacy rights or stop anyone taking them away exactly again?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if anyone on ATS is a member of anonymous??? I feel like this site would attract folks who are into all that good stuff

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
I sometimes wonder if anyone on ATS is a member of anonymous??? I feel like this site would attract folks who are into all that good stuff

I'm sure there are plenty. One even replied in this thread in a prior page. Rule34 or whatever.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Anonymous are not one person or a select group, it's a global collective. Take one person out, 100 more will pop up.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Good work! May such endeavours bring these scaly, war mongering, fundamentalist 'Irgun' out form hiding.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Anonymous is a psyop. dont fall for the tricks. Israel is probably behind this

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
israel never signed the npt

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Anonymous: "Project Mayhem"

is expected to commence 12/12/12.

Not long till you all can quit with the petty
ping pong bickering if Anon is what they "say" they are.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

I have contributed in one way or another over time to anonymous.

I have also been following this site for a while but only yesterday decided too make an account and am looking forward too contributing!

Honestly it isnt possible to label Anonymous, or say they fight for this cause or that. we simply do not know who they are. Each member does what they feel is the right and morale thing to do. Its about taking action and not sitting on internet forums bitching and crying about it (Not for a second claiming this site is one of those)

I also participate in peaceful protests etc, im interested in making the world a better place. whether others fighting under the anon flag feel the same or have the same idea of a 'better place' is impossible to say and something no one will ever be able too change.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

How have 'Anon' done anything to preserve privacy rights or stop anyone taking them away exactly again?

Dude, don't answer my question with a question. He clearly stated that it's Anons fault our rights are eroding. So a simple honest question would be, Does he believe his rights would remain intact if there was non Anon.
edit on 12/6/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
WOW some confused people (or just blinkered TBH) to what Anonymous is !

Can someone please make up a fitting description to what we are ? Script kiddies , terrorists , kids in basements , old men in basements , Long cat ,1337 haxXorz, trolls , 4chan degenerates or your worst enemy or your best friend ?

Dont you think its rather shocking that everything that gets hit has weak security . So much so that a 16 year old gurl can hax it lol. Sys admins should be ashamed that basic SQL injection or some social engineering gets you in 7/10

How many of you are on twitter ? How many follow the "legit/well known" Anon tweets ?

As mentioned by a douche or 2 , in this thread , Th3 J35t3r ( another hacker , that fights for freedom, the American way and his own BS agenda. Because we all trust everything that we read on the internet ....dont we ?) deems it fit that he engages ( us ) and the good ole red Indians...err...his enemies I mean. One man army takes on Islamic/Anti Americans and fights a cyber war alone. WOW C-I-A PLAN -X ???????

Boondock, I mean .Jest and his magical Xerxes is a thing of awe ....yeah right ! He can do his thing and take down his targets but vice versa and its anti-lulz ?

Did tweet him today actually , asked him when does " cyberwarefare turn into conventional warfare #PlanX"

So what are the UN doing again , please remind me ....................

7 proxies FTW
edit on 6/12/12 by Rule34 because: Typo.... them reptoids did it......nah , just drunk lol

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Anon! is a group sponsored and operated by the IRCP (Iranian cyber police department).They have multinational agents called Parastoo,working from all over the world and they can pretty much access and manipulate any kind of information they desire,except of course some very extraordinarily heavily guarded data bases that are absolutely inaccessible.....And that is as much as i can tell you about the Anonymo.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Dude, don't answer my question with a question. He clearly stated that it's Anons fault our rights are eroding. So a simple honest question would be, Does he believe his rights would remain intact if there was non Anon.
edit on 12/6/1212 by foodstamp because: (no reason given)

Why shouldn't I answer a question with a question?

You put words in his mouth after all...

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hypothetically, a miracle of biblical proportions! Everyone agrees to a nuclear free Middle East.
U.N. inspectors are sent to oversee the destruction of existing nuclear weapons and the dismantling of facilities capable of producing nuclear weapons
It is at this point that Israel would suddenly point out that they have always claimed (despite what everyone 'knows') not to possess nuclear weapons and therefore there is no need for them to take part in these inspections.
They have their cake and they are enjoying the eating of it too.
The existence/nonexistence of their weapons needs to be pinned down so that these weapons will stop blinking in and out of existence at the whim of the Israelis

<< 1  2   >>

join