It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little HAARP's

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi

HIPAS was not using the electrojet as an antenna extension. Wrong location. Gakona = right location for that use. Also, "...half-cycle of high ERP, then squat." makes no sense if you're continually transmitting or, as in this case, pulsing. (The power falls off if it's not continually injected.)

Why'd you pull the electrojet out of your rump there? We were talking about transmitter design.

And yes, it does make sense, a Hertzian transmitter does NOT continually transmit - it can't. By nature, you get a damped output, the first half cycle is big, then it dies out. You can't re-fire it until you recharge the whole thing and toggle the spark gap again, therefore, the average output is low. If you want CW, you do it like at Gakona.

Sorry...still not understanding. What are you saying here? HIPAS was an accidental transmitter? Whereas HAARP, openly transmitting RF, doesn't require spark gaps? They were for show then, on HIPAS, in order to fool us into thinking that HIPAS was what?

A totally different design? One that's not a CW transmitter with amplifiers tied to an antenna feed, like it is at Gakona? HIPAS's Hertzian antenna, the thing you were talking about, is a spark gap driving a tuned dipole. Gakona is not. It's like asking why cars don't have variable pitch propellers. And no, most transmitters don't have spark gaps.

Don't be hasty. In my mind, if Eastlund and Tesla were with us in this thread today, we might grant that they know what they're talking about. I think that a video, with audio, of HAARP in operation would be a starting point.

It would be pretty boring out at the antenna field. All you hear is locomotive diesels in the distance, with the occasional click of relays switching on the antenna. Nothing is visible. No sparks, no auras, no corona.

Then we, those who have a glimmer about just what a nasty gadget HAARP is, would have something to debunk.

Substitute "uninformed conjecture" for glimmer.

Just out of curiosity...lounging within the HAARP array would be extremely hazardous - agreed. But what about a remote video - they don't function there either? Get their guts fried, do they? Part of the problem with trying to harness or even study the ELF from lightning is the hazard of equipment proximity.

I'm sure you could probably rig a camera, although I don't know what you expect to see. It would be an interesting exercise in ferrite bead application. So, what "ELF" do you think lightning puts out? I agree that it rings the E-I system, but that is a very very low amplitude signal. What fries equipment near lightning strikes is pulse induction from the lightning's H field, for the most part.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Lots of people understand HAARP - the technicians and scientists who work on it, people who study its results - why be so limited with your list??

It is appalling and disconcerting to encounter the ATS self-styled, self-serving 'experts' in post after post without end. The ionosphere is a big unknown. A big question mark. A place without rules, but, thanks to HAARP, a place with a growing mountain of statistics; statistics that are useless because there is no morph into predictability. And statistics acquired at what reckless cost? And this immense power, if truly ever harnessed, in whose hands?

Eastlund was quoted a number of times on HAARP. The things he said that HAARP was capable of should have cause a global outcry.

And now you, with your usual Pollyanna nonsense, are trying to tell me that a technician, pushing a button, understands the ramifications of using HAARP?

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The ionosphere is a big unknown. A big question mark.

It has question marks. It is not totally unknown. That's why we study it.

A place without rules,

Not at all. There absolutely are rules. Trying to verify as many rules as possible, that's called 'science'.

but, thanks to HAARP, a place with a growing mountain of statistics; statistics that are useless because there is no morph into predictability.

Sure there is. The more we know about it, the more we understand. If you've read even a few of the scientific papers coming out of there, you'd understand it's more than just gathering statistics. And you don't understand experiment either, the entire point is 'does the data match my prediction', not 'let's hit this button, then THAT one!!".

And statistics acquired at what reckless cost? And this immense power, if truly ever harnessed, in whose hands?

DIesel ain't cheap, I'll give you that. It also costs money to staff and maintain.

And now you, with your usual Pollyanna nonsense, are trying to tell me that a technician, pushing a button, understands the ramifications of using HAARP?

Better than you, I suspect. Ionospheric plasma guys are generally pretty bright.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Lots of people understand HAARP - the technicians and scientists who work on it, people who study its results - why be so limited with your list??

It is appalling and disconcerting to encounter the ATS self-styled, self-serving 'experts' in post after post without end. The ionosphere is a big unknown. A big question mark. A place without rules, but, thanks to HAARP, a place with a growing mountain of statistics; statistics that are useless because there is no morph into predictability. And statistics acquired at what reckless cost? And this immense power, if truly ever harnessed, in whose hands?

If the statistics are useless then how can they possibly have any power?

And since when did you become such an expert on the ionosphere as to be able to tell us it has "no rules"?? That is just silly - as has already been pointed out it has rules - and if we don't know what they are right now then perhaps we will with some study....and who is studying it?? Why HAARP is..

Eastlund was quoted a number of times on HAARP. The things he said that HAARP was capable of should have cause a global outcry.

Eastlund proposed a facility that was ONE MILLION TIMES times larger than HAARP - and suggested that such a massive facility MIGHT be able to do all sorts of things.

He didn't say that HAARP could achieve much at all.

And now you, with your usual Pollyanna nonsense,

Given that a great deal is known about HAARP, and its limited abilities, I do not see that pointing out facts and reality is "Pollyanna nonsense".

Perhaps if you tried more factual and realistic analysis you wouldn't have to worry yourself so much about the end of the universe or whatever it is you think HAARP can magically achieve with the power requirements equivalent to a small town's stash of microwave ovens.

are trying to tell me that a technician, pushing a button, understands the ramifications of using HAARP?

That wasn't what I said at all. But hey - it is quite normal for you to miss the point, go off on a tangent and change the topic - so no hard feelings.

You would clearly be surprised how much technicians get taught about the theory of what they are working on - "technicians" in science and engineering facilities often have bachelors and masters degrees themselves in the subject - but have gone into operations rather than research analysis.

Even "blue collar" technicians who lack degree qualifications get a significant amount of theory in their field, and usually do further study.

So - what I said was that lots of people understand HAARP - given that radio and radar and optical imagery are fairly well understood technically, yes - I am telling you that technicians at HAARP obviously understand it - and even more obviously much more clearly than you do.

And to move onto your new "position" - given that HAARP can't actually do much except slightly alter a very small part of the ionosphere I have little difficulty in thinking they understand the ramifications of doing so much better than you too.

edit on 28-12-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: spelling

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Actually, in an article from 1919 (after Wardenclyffe), Tesla scoffed at the idea that the ionosphere existed. One reason he thought electromagnetic radiation was a useless phenomenon. Of course radio could never be used for long distance communication!

Terrestrial phenomena which I have noted conclusively show that there is no Heaviside layer, or if it exists, it is of no effect.

The Hertz wave theory of wireless transmission may be kept up for a while, but I do not hesitate to say that in a short time it will be recognized as one of the most remarkable and inexplicable aberrations of the scientific mind which has ever been recorded in history.

www.tfcbooks.com...

Odd that someone who disallowed the ionosphere any use for radio waves would be connected (by some) with HAARP.
edit on 12/29/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by buddhasystem

Actually, in an article from 1919 (after Wardenclyffe), Tesla scoffed at the idea that the ionosphere existed.

Thanks for adding precision to this thread.

Odd that someone who disallowed the ionosphere any use for radio waves would be connected (by some) with HAARP.

It's not odd considering complete absence of critical thinking and common sense in these people.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

You are amazing. We need more people like you. Smart, inform, honest, not scared to take on all the hard yards without backing down. If only these guys had their little toe filled with your genuine love and respect for our brothers and sisters they may see the light.

I found the appalling and disconcerting ATS self-styled, self-serving 'experts' in post after post without end are easily disheartened and start to turn on one another if dismissed long enough, they get bored and... Well, it must have something to do with the medicated food they forced to purchase with slave dollars.

The reckless and immense power will eventually be brought down to its knees, it is written and it will be done.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

You are amazing. We need more people like you. Smart, inform, honest, not scared to take on all the hard yards without backing down. If only these guys had their little toe filled with your genuine love and respect for our brothers and sisters they may see the light.

Have you read this thread from the beginning?

So much of what the OP has posted has been addressed and shown to be based more on her opinion and less on fact.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Yes I know she is awesome. Why can't you be more like her?

Try eating healthy, it may help.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fireyaguns

Thx, fireyaguns, for your encouragement. I'm feeling, lately, like the point of no return line has been crossed. Like the line between order and chaos (not the Texas state line) has been breached and can't be repaired. Still, I think, just because I intuit that things have gone too far, does that mean that I should stop reproving the deeds of darkness? I'm thinking no and so to that end, bringing this thread back to backyard HAARPs', here is why I think there is a global network in place for ELF:

There are a number of papers addressing and solving ELF generation using portable ionospheric heaters and generating ELF with and without the electrojet as an antenna. They date, in some cases, back to the 80s' and HIPAS, as an experimental facility, generated a lot of this data. HIPAS, because it was wholesale destroying forests (for antenna requirements) ran afoul of environmental advocates and even congresspersons and senators and local state governments. Difficulties with deployment were the main reason for shut-down.

The story of 'Little HAARP's', therefore, begins during the time of HIPAS. In the OP I showed that antennnas can be disguised as just about anything and hidden anywhere. The only type of antenna not discussed or shown is a self-assembling nano antenna. There are also a number of papers on these but this, although pertinent to trans-humanism (or slave-humanism depending on viewpoint,) is beyond the scope of 'Little HAARP's.'

Mr. Papadopoulos, instrumental in getting HAARP funded and built, submitted this report on HIPAS experiments to the Navy in or around 1990.

HIPAS

The broad research objective of this program has been to investigate unique concepts for generating ULF, ELF and VLF using the ionosphere as the "wireless" antenna.

Prior to HIPAS was the Platteville ionospheric heater which operated in CO from the mid 1960's to 1984 when some of their stuff was sent to HIPAS. This early facility was able to produce airglow and attendant scintillation effects.

Platteville

The following article from 2009, by Noah Shachtman, describes Papadopoulus' vision for the future, at the time, of ionospheric heating. (The article also describes the money trail and marketing strategy for HAARP.)

Strange New Air Force Facility

Bringing Haarp to fruition was, well, complicated. A group of scientists had to cozy up to a US senator, cut deals with an oil company, and convince the Pentagon that the project might revolutionize war.

But the most striking sight at Haarp is the facility's largest array...It looks like a bionic forest. A cemetery for a cyborg army. Or an infinite nave in a futuristic outdoor church. Even the scientists get rhapsodic when they describe the array. "You stare up at the stars and listen to the wind in the guy wires," Kennedy says. "It's as close to a religious experience as you're ever going to get."

"Personally, I believe it can reach 1,000 kilometers. It can't reach Iran, if that's your question," he laughs. "But if I put Haarp on a ship, or on an oil platform, who knows?" Not that he has concrete plans for such tests in Alaska, let alone in the Persian Gulf—though he does mention a facility in Puerto Rico as a possibility."

HAARP has encountered some of the same problems that HIPAS did except, in the case of HAARP, it was more due to the changing faces in the political landscape. This may have been what spawned the efforts to miniaturize and make mobile. International waters are governed by more laws than the atmosphere but still quite a few less than on land.

So, essentially, this key player, Papadopoulos, back in 2009, was already planning 'Little HAARP's' on ships and oil platforms. I think we should keep a sharp eye out for this stuff and begin to gather information on what it looks like, both on and off, and what effects it's creating in our neighborhoods that we might be mistaking for something else.

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
A few points of mis-information in this thread remain to be cleaned up. I have found some sources that should be acceptable and understandable to all in order to facilitate that clean-up.

Propogation of an Electromagnetic Wave

Electromagnetic waves are waves which can travel through the vacuum of outer space. Mechanical waves, unlike electromagnetic waves, require the presence of a material medium in order to transport their energy from one location to another. Sound waves are examples of mechanical waves while light waves are examples of electromagnetic waves.

Electromagnetic waves are created by the vibration of an electric charge. This vibration creates a wave which has both an electric and a magnetic component. An electromagnetic wave transports its energy through a vacuum at a speed of 3.00 x 108 m/s (a speed value commonly represented by the symbol c). The propagation of an electromagnetic wave through a material medium occurs at a net speed which is less than 3.00 x 108 m/s. This is depicted in the animation below.

The mechanism of energy transport through a medium involves the absorption and reemission of the wave energy by the atoms of the material. When an electromagnetic wave impinges upon the atoms of a material, the energy of that wave is absorbed. The absorption of energy causes the electrons within the atoms to undergo vibrations. After a short period of vibrational motion, the vibrating electrons create a new electromagnetic wave with the same frequency as the first electromagnetic wave. While these vibrations occur for only a very short time, they delay the motion of the wave through the medium. Once the energy of the electromagnetic wave is reemitted by an atom, it travels through a small region of space between atoms. Once it reaches the next atom, the electromagnetic wave is absorbed, transformed into electron vibrations and then reemitted as an electromagnetic wave.

(Please view the animated graphic in the above link in order to get a visual sense of how this happens.)

Resonance...Definition...Physics

a. the state of a system in which an abnormally large vibration is produced in response to an external stimulus, occurring when the frequency of the stimulus is the same, or nearly the same, as the natural vibration frequency of the system.

b. the vibration produced in such a state.

Tomography...Definition

a method of producing a three-dimensional image of the internal structures of a solid object (as the human body or the earth) by the observation and recording of the differences in the effects on the passage of waves of energy impinging on those structures

Entrainment...Definition...Zoology

3. zoology to adjust (an internal rhythm of an organism) so that it synchronizes with an external cycle, such as that of light and dark

Brain wave Entrainment

The phenomenon of entrainment was discovered in approximately 1665 by a Dutch scientist named Christian Huygens. He had a room with a number of pendulum driven clocks in it, and he observed that over time the pendulums of all the clocks fell into synchronization with each other. Even if he deliberately started them swinging at different times, he would inevitably return to find they had resynchronized themselves with each other. He called this synchronization tendency "entrainment".

In October of 1973 a remarkable report “Auditory Beats in the Brain” by Dr. Gerald Oster of the Mt. Sinai Medical Center was published in the Scientific American.

It explained, when tones of different frequencies were presented separately to each ear, pulsation's called binaural beats occurred in the brain.

This resulted in the whole brain becoming entrained to the internal beat and resonating to that frequency.

(Please see graphic in the above link for a visual of this.)

(...continuation and wrap-up next post.)

posted on Dec, 31 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
(continued from previous post...)

ELF production is no longer limited to HAARP and other already existing HAARP-like facilities. We learned from Mr. Papadopoulus that HAARP is ambient on ships at sea and also on oil rig platforms. ELF production is also aggressively explored and experimented with via lightning and cosmic rays.

What is ELF/VLF Research?

ELF/VLF stands for Extremely Low Frequency and Very Low Frequency, and refers to the range 300 Hz to 30 kHz. We're talking about radio waves, like the AM/FM signals you get, just at an even lower frequency. On our planet, the most potent source of ELF/VLF waves is lightning, so a lot of what we do comes down to studying lightning and its various impacts on our Earth's environment, detectable even in Antarctica.

Because ELF/VLF waves are guided by both the Earth and the ionosphere, you can send signals around the planet. Lightning does this all the time, but we haven't mastered it yet because to make ELF/VLF waves with an antenna, you need an antenna comparable to a wavelength. Unfortunately, a 3 kHz wave has a 100 km wavelength! The Stanford ELF/VLF group is exploring an alternative method of ELF/VLF wave generation, which utilizes the same currents that make the northern lights, to turn the upper atmosphere into a big radiating antenna. Read about our HAARP program work in Alaska.

Learning how to take charge of lightning is, however, an activity fraught with peril:

Complicating these studies, however, is the fact that the propagation of radio waves in complex media such as the plasma in the Earth's lower ionosphere is one of the most fundamentally difficult ones in electromagnetism, violating nearly every convenient simplifying assumption like homogeneity, linearity, symmetry, and anisotropy. Numerically modeling these waves is requires the most advanced techniques available.

From the above statement we see that in these experiments, rules are not known, but the science of data collection has spawned extremely complex instruments. It is the complexity of the instruments that give us pause. The instruments, like HAARP, for agitating and subsequently recording the results of agitation, are what the lay person has difficulty understanding. The true situation, as far as science knowing what it is doing in these realms, is kind of like nudging a sleeping dragon in order to see what will happen next and then meticulously recording what does happen. It's a global experiment with absolutely no end result predictability.

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The true situation, as far as science knowing what it is doing in these realms, is kind of like nudging a sleeping dragon in order to see what will happen next and then meticulously recording what does happen. It's a global experiment with absolutely no end result predictability.

You think the ionosphere is like a "sleeping dragon"?

The ionosphere is a vast random seething ocean of sparse charged particles that mostly dissipates and is re-created every day by solar radiation, trillions of times more powerful that HAARP.

It's more like splashing in the ocean on a stormy day, and seeing what happens.

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join