It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Little HAARP's

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
I also tried to find pictures of HAARP in operation.

Phage has already posted one...

- seems like if there's nothing to hide, pix of HAARP in action would blare from the media

Why do you think a radio antenna in action would be exciting?

It's also an article about trying to induce psychic powers in people.

What has that nonsense have to do with HAARP?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Phage puts up a picture of supposedly HAARP in action. I can't verify it. Although I know it can't be real because previous posters have told me that HAARP is barely powerful enough to heat a tea kettle and I don't see any tea kettle in the photo.

If you didn't routinely post silly nonsense that would pass as humour!

The kettle is, of course, in the ionosphere - 100 miles or so up.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I have come to the conclusion that there are more than obvious ways to derail a thread. Specifically, this thread about 'Little HAARP's' or, actually, what I perceive as Global HAARP or HAARP Colossus. These ways are:

1. Slander every person, credentialed or not, who speaks out against HAARP.
2. Overwhelm the thread with posts that tangent and do that, preferrably, in technical language.
3. Play to the mob.

Therefore, first on the agenda is Nick Begich. Nick Begich is a lay person with a scientific bent who began speaking out against HAARP before HAARP started operation. He co-authored the book: 'Angels Don't Play This HAARP', which is here:

Angels Don't Play This HAARP

His personal journey with HAARP and the HAARP agenda is detailed and exhaustive. His insight and conclusions on HAARP are, imo, far more valuable than any you'll find here.

There's not a lot in his personal life to use against him so debunkers have elected to focus on one item and misrepresent that. Debunkers say that he got a traditional medicine diploma from a diploma mill and paid $400 for it.

What actually happened was this:

Chapter Three/What's Going On Up There?

About this time, Sir Anton Jayasuriya of the Open International University of Complementary Medicines invited Begich to present a paper at the World Congress on Alternative Medicines and to receive a doctorate degree in traditional medicine. The honor was totally unexpected, and he packed for travel. As it turned out, circumstances did not allow him to travel to Sri Lanka, so he planned a trip to Finland instead. In Finland he would at last see his old friend (from the 1978 conference and from correspondence) Dr. Reijo Makela, in order to talk about promoting Makela's scientific discoveries in electrophysiology.

And what led up to that was this:

Nick Begich, Jr. was raised in a political family where "making a difference" was a way of life. His father, Nick Begich, Sr., served as a state senator and later a representative in the United States Congress, and his mother Pegge was politically active in Alaska for more than 30 years.

After the disappearance of the airplane carrying his father and U.S. House Majority Leader Hale Boggs in 1972 when Nick Jr. was a teenager, his life changed irrevocably. However, the theme instilled by his parents was one of service and persistence. He and his five siblings between themselves also chalked up a lifetime of political experience.

But an equally strong thread in Nick's life was an interest in science. His early investigations led to an invitation to the 1978 International Biorhythm Research Association conference in Atlanta, as a youthful science "outsider" among fifty senior scientists from around the world.

As far as what is being bandied as a diploma mill: the outfit in question was established in the 1960's. Traditional medicine in this context means things like chiropractic, acupuncture, homeopathy etc. Chiropractic began to be accepted about 15 to 20 years ago; as far as insurance paying for it. Acupuncture has been accepted for 5 to 10 years; as far as insurance paying for it. These are fields of health that are, in some cases, as old as humanity, but, in most cases, not acceptable to insurance companies and fraught with peril because of charlatan practitioners. However, western medicine is also fraught with peril. News stories about plastic surgeons, dentists etc. who never received degrees, yet practice, abound. Horror stories and human tragedies about pharmaceuticals also abound. Vigilance is ever required.

So this school offerred Nick Begich an honorary degree. He was flattered and packed to go accept it when one of his true loves intervened and he went somewhere else instead in order to further his knowledge of the things he, personally, considered important.

The question that should be asked here is why is it so vital to put people off Nick Begich?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

So this school offerred Nick Begich an honorary degree.

People who get honorary degrees do not normally put them afte their name as a implied claim to expertise.

The question that should be asked here is why is it so vital to put people off Nick Begich?

You wrote:

Dr. Begich brings exhaustively researched information on HAARP as mind control to the table

Why is it so vital that his falsehoods have to be repeated?

When YOU use him and his fantasy as a source then YOU are the one putting him up for criticism.

His book is rubbish, people routinely claim he has some scientific or medical expertise in short bios or introductions of him, and these falsehoods need to be countered.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

There's not a lot in his personal life to use against him so debunkers have elected to focus on one item and misrepresent that. Debunkers say that he got a traditional medicine diploma from a diploma mill and paid $400 for it.

I knew that you wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to complain about it.

And guess what? You brought up his "Dr." credentials in the first place. You did this in order to convey the air of credibility and authority. Well it turns out it did exactly the opposite (because, as you probably discovered, your interlocutors here are a sharp bunch of people), and the preposterous "Dr." claim blew in your face. Well, tough.

That Diploma Mill

Diploma mills that sell M.D. degrees seem particularly dangerous. Lord Pandit Prof. Dr. Sir Anton Jayasuriya (1930-2005) of Sri Lanka created Medicina Alternativa International in Sri Lanka and claimed to be affiliated with The Open International University [presumably to be confused with the Open University of Sri Lanka]. He sold diplomas for various fields. I have a copy of his charge list for 1962. For $3,750 USD one could buy any of the following degrees: M.D. (M.A.), M.D. (T.M.), Dr. Ac., or Ph.D. These letters stand for Doctor of Medicine (Alternativa Medicina), Doctor of Medicine (Traditional Medicine), Doctor of Acupuncture, and Doctor of Philosophy. Registration was an extra $1,000. The M.Ac.F. cost $100. The letters stand for Membership of Acupuncture Foundation. The D.Ac. cost $145; those letters do not stand for Doctor of Acupuncture, as you might think, but for "International College Diploma," whatever that might be.

edit on 14-12-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Until Begich started to get called in this deception, he was even more blatently pretending to have a real doctorate. In Jan 2010 his bio read:
web.archive.org...://www.earthpulse.com/src/category.asp?catid=13

Begich received his doctorate in traditional medicine from The Open International University for Complementary Medicines in November 1994.

Then he updated it to:
web.archive.org...://www.earthpulse.com/src/category.asp?catid=13

Begich received Doctor of Medicine (Medicina Alternitiva), honoris causa, for independent work in health and political science, from The Open International University for Complementary Medicines, Colombo, Sri Lanka, in November 1994.

But didn't use the plain language "honorary degree". Not that a honorary degree from a diploma mill is worth anything.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

As far as what is being bandied as a diploma mill: the outfit in question was established in the 1960's.

Sounds good. Lets find out something about the institution.
From 1998.

The University readily agreed to award a doctorate on Falguni Mehta soon after receiving her application and subsequently conferred it when she paid $195 as legal notarisation fee.
www.expressindia.com...

"A colleague determined that there was an 'OUI' in Sri Lanka, but it is called Open International University for complementary medicine, and it is not an accredited medical school.' For an additional fee of $400-US, outstanding students are awarded an M.D. (which is their abbreviation for Masters Degree) or other degrees such as B.Science, or extra credentials. (Parenthetical comment his.)

"We were told that 'OIU' has additional prizes such as 'the Albert Schweitzer Award and Knighthood' (for an additional fee of $400-US)." (Parenthetical comment his.)

www.chiroweb.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Phage puts up a picture of supposedly HAARP in action.

You asked what HAARP looks like when it is in operation. I put up a picture of what the IRI looks like when it is transmitting. I don't know if it was transmitting at the time but it doesn't matter because that's what it looks like whether it's transmitting or not. As pointed out, if there is anything like the arcing from a Tesla coil going on there is something seriously wrong.

edit on 12/15/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

You know I say the same thing except I focus it the other way and say to myself. "What is wrong with this picture, this thread'?

Is the information provided a win or slam dunk for either side?
Hardly. What is funny to me is when you say,

Why is it so vital that his falsehoods have to be repeated? When YOU use him and his fantasy as a source then YOU are the one putting him up for criticism. His book is rubbish, people routinely claim he has some scientific or medical expertise in short bios or introductions of him, and these falsehoods need to be countered.

And then I see one lady ( Lu xor ) in a fist fight with the same 7--9 people. That is funny and it just shows you're obviously scared to death of her subject matter and what she is able to present.

You see some of us ask questions and some of us think they have all the answers because they think their opinion is the only one that's right.

But that is not everyone's opinion. You don't need to be a doctor or lawyer to know it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
And then I see one lady ( Lu xor ) in a fist fight with the same 7--9 people. That is funny and it just shows you're obviously scared to death of her subject matter and what she is able to present.

Amused to flabbergasted would be a much better description than 'scared to death'.

You see some of us ask questions and some of us think they have all the answers because they think their opinion is the only one that's right.

But that is not everyone's opinion.

One may have an opinion about the taste of cheese. Or a favorite football team, or a performer in the arts.

It's hard to have an opinion about physics. You might like it, or not, but it's still gonna apply no matter what you think about it.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

And then I see one lady ( Lu xor ) in a fist fight with the same 7--9 people.

Yep, there are a few of us here who abhor fantastical, unfounded, ignorant, uninformed nonsensical notions. Is that unusual?

That is funny and it just shows you're obviously scared to death of her subject matter and what she is able to present.

In case you didn't read carefully, the 7 to 9 members that you mentioned presented a variety of facts on the subject matter, which hardly means they are "scared to death". I have a confession, though: I am scared. Not by "little HAARP" and nefarious forces that operate it, but by the declining standards of critical thinking in a broad slice of society, as demonstrated by ATS. Baby Elvis found in Louisiana. He's an alien.

I had a thread on a similar topic exactly 3 years ago. Things only became worse.

edit on 19-12-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

What is funny to me is when you say,

Why is it so vital that his falsehoods have to be repeated? When YOU use him and his fantasy as a source then YOU are the one putting him up for criticism. His book is rubbish, people routinely claim he has some scientific or medical expertise in short bios or introductions of him, and these falsehoods need to be countered.

Perhaps you are scared to death of ignorance and disinfo and lies dressed up as facts and so you think others need to be too?

Me I'm just perisited off that people can be so silly as to believe this stuff.

But that is not everyone's opinion. You don't need to be a doctor or lawyer to know it.

And so what?

Science and fact are not subject to "opinion" - it does not matter if, in your opinion" gravity is not 9.8m/s/s, nor does it matter if your "opinion" is that contrails cannot last more than 1 minute. Your "opinion" about these is utterly irrelevant to the values and the physics.

"Opinions" are often bandied around as if they were facts by those who do not like what the facts really are. That way they can pretend things are different from reality

By all means hold whatever "opinion" about something you like - but when you come here and ask whether your opinion is backed up by evidence, or try to present your "opinion" as if it was factual then you have no reason to complain when you find out it is not - you ask or present, and you get the answers that apply.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-12-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The main thing that scares me about chemtrails is how easily people become so convinced on the flimsiest of evidence and believing outright lies.

Dealing with the general public as part of my job however depressingly illustrates to me just how ill-informed and judgmental people can be on a daily basis

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

So you don’t comprehend frequencies are being manipulated by men?

If yes, are you of the understanding that this is being done only for good?

Imagine how your brain would feel if you actually thought for yourself, ouch

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns
reply to post by buddhasystem

As a person who built many radios in his young years, I know the word frequency and its meaning in real world very well. I also tend to think that "frequencies manipulated by men" sounds exceedingly silly. Frequency can be applied to a phenomenon. Saying "frequency is manipulated by men" is akin to "color can be changed by people".

Duh.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fireyaguns

Animals also manipulate frequencies.... there is nothing special about manipulating frequencies

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join