It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Webbot Prediction - Total Collapse Dec 2012 - June 2013 & Global Coastal Event

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockerchic4God
Then the summer of 2010 was supposed to be, "The Summer of Hell".

He predicted a 10,000 fold increase in UFO sightings that summer. That's largely the nature of the predictions he's been making for the last 3 years. One spectacular fail after another. And if there is really any language being collected from the web it's obviously only from conspiracy sites.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by DelMarvel

I believe what you are saying could be possible, but would you mind linking a source for that information? I would be interested in watching/ reading it. When you have time, of course.

The admission that he was lying in order to "manipulate emotional response" and that he owed an apology to his readers was during one of his many recorded interviews. Interestingly, I went back to a conspiracy site that shall remain nameless to get the link only to discover they have for some reason purged all Clif High content from their site and will ban you for posting anything using his name.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

OOOooohhhh.....the plot thickens!

If you find anything else please message me an update if you wouldn't mind. I would appreciate it much!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think short of nuclear apocalypse, there is no feasible way for the world to end, so to speak, on the 21st. A strong enough solar flare could damage unsecured/outdated electricity grids, like ours in America, but by no means is it going to end the world, lol.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

ha ha... is this the wife....

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I had a friend who listened religiously to Cliff High.

Though she was on welfare she paid for years to have those virtually unreadable reports sent to her home.

I do in fact have some respect for the technology that Mr. High, is using, but his never-ending speculation and presumptuous assumptions applied to the data he gets from the spiders is mega-apocalytic, illogical and frequently borders on the ridiculous.

My friend lives in that world, and believe me, it has only heightened a sad, paranoid world view that has her interpreting everything as the "Eve of Destruction".

After observing her for some years, I can honestly say that I have no respect for Cliff High.
edit on 5-12-2012 by antoinemarionette because: typos

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It wouldn't hurt to give a short explanation of of webbot is. Yes, I checked it out on wikipedia, but so -- most likely -- did a number of other people. It's just considerate and good form to explain terms in one's post, particularly if they are crucial to understanding what the post is about.

That said, how is a string search or aggregation of terms on the internet going to forecast natural disasters? I'll stick with my numerologist and psychic, thanks. I also am working on a thread-and-styrofoam cup communication device to inter-dimensional beings, and have high hopes for its predicative capabilities.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

50/50 is correct, which would be basically you or I making predictions. On average your going to be right 50% of the time as long as your not to outlandish. Bot? Not.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
I actually agree with the idea that we could be facing the elimination of the internet at some point in the future. I think this is an eventuality. With how much we depend on it nowadays, it would be devastating.

That is why I keep books - like encyclopedias and textbooks and such around.

We should print out the entire internet and keep it in a library.
Then future generations can read 300 page threads about pole shifts and martial law.
This will really help with the future of Anthropology.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ughh people still dont understand how this webbot operation works -_-

Ill explain;

Those who operate the media -stream push certain ideas into the public lake/domain. Wether it be movies, tv, news, the newest entertainment ... When millions of people get this idea in their heads they talk about it, especially online. Zombies, killing, bank fallout, ww3, comet striking.. whatever is in the majority of peoples heads, whatever is being shared on the internet, most popular topics..

Webbot is designed to follow trends. These trends are what people are talking about on the majority scale.. when those who operate the media and elite corperations make new ideas, the people get them in their heads, ttalk about it online, and web bot picks up this trend and starts putting "data" together.

Webbot is nothing more then a stupid program.. media is nothing more then a waste of human time.. entertainment and random things that do not serve our civilization are slowing us down mentally, spiritually, physically.

Webbot = TREND BOT = what peoples minds are consuming and being talked about.

(bad wording maybe? LOL.. I just woke up :cool

I hope people understand how useless this webbot thing is. Its not predicting a thing, its watching the trends of topics being talked about on the web. Humans are stupid and dumbed down so they talk about useless things because htey have no control over their thoughts and minds... its so simple those webbot programers are laughing ..

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

So Webbot is worse than I thought. Wow! (Serves me right for not reading the link, I assumed we were talking about predictive analytics and mash-up models). If this just reads trends then it's trash for predictions.

**A bit off topic, below**

Here's how profitable trend reading works, though it only works in real time: Dunkin' Donuts has an analytics engine that searches key words in certain location using social media. For example, the engine looks for terms "no coffee"; "coffee"; "dunkin donuts"; "new york, coffee"; "new york dunkin donuts"; ect... It looks at Twitter, Facebook, Google +, blog posts, ect...

The program or engine, then learns where people are talking about coffee in real-time.

Now, targeted advertising comes into play and folks in that region will quickly see pre-made TV commercials, Internet ads, display ads, street-side electronic ads that tell them they "want" Dunkin' Donuts' coffee.

Psychologically it works to get you to buy their coffee. You just talked about, so did your neighbors, now you see Dunkin' Donuts ads everywhere... so you hop in your car and buy their coffee.

Anyway, predictive analytics do exist and are in their infancy in the form of complex mash-up programs, but this Webbot is old technology that is not reliable for creating predicative models. And this guy, whateverhisnameis, is misleading his audience by reading the data in a malicious way. Jerk.

edit on 6-12-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JericoEBE

LOL it actually would help with anthropology! If the internet disappeared, there would be a *lot* of missing cultural information.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

It nailed the 2008 wall street crash within a week or so.

That is the only one I recall. I haven't followed too close but I did just before the crash

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

If there is going to be an electronic blackout from dec - june I'm set.
I have an old 40s vintage bakelite rotery phone two running pre 1970 cars and a mid 70s truck. If there is no gas available I have horses. The gov won't need to send me to a fema camp for my own good I will tell them that " Electricty is a luxury not a need."
edit on 6-12-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yah it was called sandy

Too late cliffy

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Everyone here has heard of Webbot over the years...my feelings on it...meh.

Heck I could flip a coin and get the same prediction probablities...

but you will always have a gullible crowd who will suck it up time after time. The guy found a niche and he is exploiting it....

What I find interesting is the anomaly concerning the random number generators getting spooky before 9/11. Anyone remember that? Tapping into something like a global subconsciousness?

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
heh heh Webbot
"sniff .. sniff"

I smell 'space goat farts'

Breathe a little deaper, you'll smell em too

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

That is the only one I recall. I haven't followed too close but I did just before the crash

Clif High has incorrectly predicted financial doom a lot more times than he's been right.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

So when did it nail the 2008 wall street crash, about a week into it?

As for natural disasters, it probably predicted Hurricane Sandy on or about the day it made landfall too. Think the weather forecasters were predicting it first...

Webbot MIGHT predict some man-made events but no way is it going to predict naturally-occuring events.

How did Webbot predict the presidential election?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Obviously webbot doesn't know what capitalism is.

A benign form of capitalism would be like a short line at the DMV, impossible.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join