It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you belive in God?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
thats the only time i've ever felt something so intense and connected to something larger then me and i've been to church hundres of times...

Yeah I know how that feels. It's quite amazing. Then again, as you said, it could just be the shrooms.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Do I believe in God? no

3,500 years ago great lengths were taken to eradicate monotheism
The Egyptian Civilization tried to erase all evidence that placed almighty power in the hands of one faith,one belief system and one person. Perhaps if they had done a better job wars between religions would not be present on the earth today.

Do I beleive in Gods? yes
The earliest worshiped Gods were Animals
The snake was to my understanding the first to have evidence of their worship and respect, but there was the hippo, croc, cat, jackal, Elephant just to mention a few, we even revered trees. I say again Perhaps if we still worship other members of our enviroment we wouldnt have the greatest extinction rate ever recorded.

I believe that we will not have a saviour. I believe we have been given rational type thinking to evolve to see that we need all life to exist on Earth. I find it Ironical that we get exited about looking for life offworld and yet we are destroying life on Earth.

I believe that too many people are contributing to the destruction of our planet with hopes that we will be saved from God, or for that matter scientist will find a way to evacuate 6 Billion people of Earth taking enough food and water to last us indefinately.

I wish I could believe that we will find within ourselves the higher conscience that loves and respects all life on Earth without looking for an easy way out.

If I am wrong and there is a God I dont believe he will give humans priority savioring over any of his other creations. As it is written he created all life on Earth. If its true we were created in his image I have never read that of all life on Earth Humans get precedence for salvation

I havnt heard of any mainstream religions eviromental conservation society
We should worship all life on Earth as to not do so would be like saying God didnt really mean for them to be created therefore we can uncreate them

Look for salvation internally not externally
Are you doing all you can for all life on Earth?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:24 AM
link   
i believe in god as in teh sense of Taco Bell. I have faith in Taco Bell. Every time I go to Taco Bell I get plenty of Tacos. Teh spicy chicken burrito also justifys much faith. I also have faith in SoBe Adreniline and Absolute as you can probably tell by my post.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I don't believe, something I've known for the past 6 years. I do find mythology in general to be interesting, but only as stories.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join