It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Depopulation Conundrum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The idea that TPTB have a "depopulation agenda" is longstanding in conspiracy circles. There are numerous theories that posit the elite have a long-term goal of decreasing the global population.

On one hand this makes a lot of sense from the perspective of the psychopathic TPTB, because we "useless eaters" (as the elite see us) threaten to suck resources from the greedy elites and also threaten the status quo with revolution or rebellion if things get hairy enough.

On the other hand, however, a radical depopulation event would in many ways decrease the power of the elite. The more people the elite have under their thumbs, the more power they have. And aren't TPTB all about multiplying their power? If you have a billion people under your thumb, you have more power than if you have only 100 million, right? You can sell more, have bigger markets, and have bigger labor pools, meaning cheaper labor. You also have people in greater misery, which makes them easier to control.

History offers lessons in this: When the great plague hit Europe and wiped out 1/3 of the population, the power of the feudal nobility dropped somewhat. Poor peasants who had lived in crowded conditions were able to spread out and move into bigger houses whose owners had died, making them at least slightly less miserable than they had been in comparison to the nobility, and thus less desperate and harder to control. It became harder for nobles to keep labor on their estates because labor was scarcer and thus in more demand, meaning they had to offer them better conditions to keep them from going to another estate or just striking out on thier own into newly empty land. See how that works?

So it seems to me this is a kind of conundrum becase a depopulation agenda would have both benefits and serious drawbacks for TPTB.

Thoughts?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
There is a value to labour and if the rich want to eat succulent fresh beef then theres going to be a requirement for enough people to be able to look after it/slaughter it/butcher it/cook it and then present it to the rich person and that doesn't include the fact that those people who look after the beef have to be fed and there will always be a certain sized pyramid that to produce 1 unit of beef there will probably be 20-30 times as much effort required at least

so while the population as a whole could do with reducing i doubt any of the rich people fancy learning the basics that are needed to provide for their own survival

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KarensHoliday

I could care less about TPTB. I'm just concerned that when the global depression hits, 6 billion people are going to run into the woods and everything that crawls, walks, swims or flies. Our numbers right now could literally eat all life on this planet into extinction.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I agree with you sort of but if you have the power and own everything then it doesnt matter if theres 6 Billion or 6 Million people around. I doubt they care much about markets or market share as I cant see money being a great motivator if you have a never ending supply.

My main reason for posting was just to tell you when I see your avatar it kinda makes me dizzy and gives me a headache LOL and for some reason it looks like its moving

Kinda freaky

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

What if TPTB are the ones that get depopulated? It's not just the poor or the lower eschelon that would be candidates, what if the candidates were the corrupt and the ones doing the damage? Would that make it ok?

There are too many people in the world. If all the power was taken away and there was some kind of test to pass to keep from being part of the depopulated that involved being able to pull your weight mentally and physically, the corrupt money hungry bunch would be in danger too and that's fine by me.

Take out the crooks and the criminals and the chronically lazy and the rest of us can go on with living.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I disagree with the premise...say there are 50,000 or so true elites. I'd say it really only takes a thousand or two per to give them the complete lifestyle that they want.

A population of 500 millions could more than support the uppermost class.

More people are harder to keep track of, and have more power in numbers if they choose to rebel.

Fewer common people does not equate to less power for the elite.
edit on 12/4/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If there is a depopulation agenda, I would think that they would only want to get rid of the strong people. The World Wars were orchestrated to get rid of all the strong men; the men who possessed the qualities that posed a threat to TPTB. They were luck enough to brainwash these men into "fighting for them", and then ended up dead.

The government wants sick, docile, weak and obedient slaves.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by macchoi
The World Wars were orchestrated to get rid of all the strong men; the men who possessed the qualities that posed a threat to TPTB.

Whether or not that was the intention, it is the result. However, NWO conspiracy theorists like Icke tend to argue the opposite, that the TPTB are interested in darwinist eugenics to remove the weak from the population. Most of these conspiracy theories (including yours) are baloney.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I see your point and I can also see why the elite would want to do it. The elite believe they are the "gods" of this planet, therefore, they feel like they need to make godly decisions. Technological advances provide better health care, increased food production, longer living people, so resources will eventually run out. At some point the ratio of birth rates to deaths will become too lopsided eventually causing global overpopulation, at least this is what I think the elites believe.

So they are afraid of overpopulation so they take it upon themselves to act like gods and figure out ways to depopulate the earth.

top topics

join