It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21/12/2012 (12/21/2012) is anything strange happening to you on the countdown to the end?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm a white guy who recently gave away his house and wife of twenty years to live in poverty on a reservation where nobody even likes me.

My credit cards are all maxed out and I'm down to my last $50 and a couple of weeks worth of food. I have to drive 15 miles to carry water from a spring up a steep hill while I get glared at by the natives. I'm taking care of a hateful lady's farm and she pays for the internet, or else I wouldn't even be on ATS.

Other than that, everything is perfectly normal.

What, me worry?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

LOL last night I got really drunk and ended up in the backyard shaking my fist at the stars yelling at them "well, you f$%^ers come on then come and get me" etc... quite out of character for me but thinking back quite funny

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

That is depressing.
second line

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Strange things have always been a part of my life,and hardships too,so i wouldnt ascribe mine personaly to this year or that day-one thing though,ufo sightings seem to be on the increase,though,earthquakes,weird weather,etc.Or would it have happened no matter which year,as the Earth just does her thing,going through cycles? Maybe there just Seem to be more ufo sightings reported and filmed because these days people are not as afraid of being ridiculed/made out to be daft in the head? Best is,try and solve whatever problems one have, asap-not because the end is coming,but then you can start 2013 in a more relaxed frame of mind.Best of luck to you,and remember,it never rains but it pours..we all go through these super-sucky stages,but it also passes,you'll be fine,dont worry.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Thank you for the reply. I agree with you, that it is not immediate....it sucks more to me that the evil get away with it. Actually I shouldn't use reward, because I am not looking for that, just a little relief.

I couldn't be evil if I tried, it's against my nature. So much so, that I put up with crap for years and years before I get passive aggressive. And my idea of getting back is just saying...you hurt me, I'm done....but the reaction from people who think I'm a pushover is like I stabbed them or something.

This year I hit that breaking point with some friends and in-laws and just shut them out for my own protection, yet it's weighing on me like I did something bad. My head is so screwed up.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I have had a few odd things happen of late, the strangest one for me though was when I was at the mall for lunch recently. When I went up an escalator I got this overwhelming feeling like I was the star in a Truman Show movie or something. I was looking at everyone around me and for a few minutes felt completely out of place. It was quite bizarre.

Lots of other little coincidences too... I was driving back from the coast on Sunday and my wife and I decided to take a scenic route that went near a place called Jamberoo where there is a big water fun park. When I was driving back home after work on Monday, I noticed a big sign for this water park had just been put up. They've never advertised on this street before in the last few years, so it was a bit of a coincidence! Just little odd things like that keep popping up...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cruff

Ive had that Truman Show feeling since i was just a kiddie-so when the movie came out,when i was an adult,it became an instant alltime fave.However,the dome in the Hunger Games-that would be as perfectly spot-on as it comes,imo.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I read a lot here and don't type. So many minds taking apart the details better than mine, teaching me. And so many experiences seeming, well, more valid, somehow.

I read through this thread and somehow was so....touched, somehow. So many truths, cutting to the heart of each person's experience, and each different and unique. That's what got me. Even Chamberf6, hating it all, from what i could gather, because his posts were removed, so i'm going on the responses to him/her.

It somehow, this thread and its responses, seemed so much more authentic than most. So many revealing their unique experiences, and so much worry, pain, depression. I worry often that I only see autheticity when it's about each worries and pain, and i hate that.....however, there is something affirming in each of our unique experiences. It says we are each still here, still cognizant, still wanting, yearning, breathing, thinking, and that means....fighting.
on a conspiracy site, fighting means something, even when there are those members who wish they could have their intellectual habituals back because someone took it away from them, and that is the conspiracy. LOL

People talked alot about their animals, their significant others and their families and it got me, because they are suffering because of what they see in others, and because they get what it is to suffer. punished by the great unknown when you can't protect against it and dont deserve it. And then there were those who just nakedly talked about their own pain, unusual in all their years, and striving to survive while searching for a reason why.

and this is so what it is to be what we are, helpless, human, not perfect, searching for truth and striving to be honest when sometimes it is so hard.......and trying to forgive this life that asks that of us and be happy to be alive. there is something miraculous and beautiful in that. And just for a moment, I saw it here, in everyone's honest, painful, and sometimes hopeful responses. Thanks to everyone, and the Op for that.
edit on 5-12-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2012 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uberdavo
reply to post by htapath

That is depressing.
second line

While my situation might sound depressing, I can assure you that I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. I'm actually very fortunate.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Interesting! I've often thought about that theory before but it was the first time that I really felt like it was happening! If I am the star, could the screenwriters please write in someone to fix my sciatica - it's very annoying. Thanks

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by htapath

well said mate .... simplicity and solitude definitely doesn't equate to depression for me ... depending on how content within themselves the experiencer ..
I guess another way of saying that is .. people who find simplicity 'depressing' .. likely arent as content within themselves as they could be .. and need many material things and to always have people around to make them happy and stop depression .. and whats more .. it seems that 'some' of those people think everyone should live the same way as them, or theyre 'depressing' .. haaa ... some poeple on here are sooooo 'ignorant' ...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Oh don't I know it. I literally have zero friends this year. Not even a single person to share or talk with. Not even anybody to make small-talk about the weather with.

Earlier, I spoke of attachments. Well, a lot of these bonds I had to break myself. I had to cut out a lot of the harmful people in my life. I had to get rid of the liars, the drug users, the manipulators. It hurt to say goodbye to so many people, but it just got to the point where I realized they were contributing to no good for themselves, for me, or for humanity in general.

I am in the same boat as well though. I see crooked people living it up while the honest ones carry the cross. It hurts...oh my it hurts! The good-natured people are always cheated in some way.

I still believe in the golden rule--even though it hasn't really paid off for me. I still have to do what I believe to be right. If I crack up and start being a jerk, then there really isn't anything for me to gain from that. I will only be destroying myself in that process; everybody loses, everybody suffers. I think some people really just can't empathize. Some just don't have a conscience to feel another's pain and plight.

Maybe that 'karma' doesn't even exist and won't pay off for us in any lifetime. Oh well. I can honestly say my heart will be alight at the time of my death.

I don't know why, but I am reminded of a line from Star Wars in which Luke asks: "Is the dark side stronger?" And Yoda answers: "No! Quicker, more seductive, but not stronger*." (*something like that. The quote isn't 100% verbatim.)

And that's how I view those cutthroat jerks living it up. They're taking the quick, seductive route in life. It takes a stronger, more courageous person to live by a code of honor and principles.
edit on 5-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I believe that December 21 will be a graduation day of sorts personalized for each individual based on their expectations. That we've each planned our curriculum for lessons our spirit desired via a 3D simulation and subsequently we went to sleep and forgot we were our own teachers. That's why we can find answers if we go within.

Perhaps those of you experiencing challenges at the moment are merely cramming for the final exam and that's your unique learning style. I've learned more about myself, my relationships, and the world in the past 4 years than my entire life combined. I'm a planner by nature and I usually do everything with pizazz so if the world ends and I was on the party planning committee eons ago, I know it will be extraordinary beyond my wildest imagining.

But I don't believe the world will end because I didn't work this hard through so many issues just for my existence to come to an abrupt halt. There is something grand and divine in store for us because we've all come so far in such a short time. And quite possibly, as graduates of World Class 2012 we will have earned the right to join the ranks of a galactic community. A Universe-ity? 2012 is all speculation so anything and everything is possible,
edit on 5-12-2012 by hurdygurdy because: *

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Nice post. Very reflective on the human condition.

Originally posted by tetra50
I read through this thread and somehow was so....touched, somehow. So many truths, cutting to the heart of each person's experience, and each different and unique.

Getting back to the OP, although these experiences are personal, touching, and unique, I think this has been the nature of man's existence throughout. I personally do not see any correlation to any particular date, or anything "leading up to the end".

Originally posted by tetra50
So many revealing their unique experiences, and so much worry, pain, depression.

Yes, and the world keeps turning and time keeps ticking despite the ebb-and-flow of the human condition. It seems that every generation on modern historical record has endured theories that the apocalypse will be within their lifetimes. And every time, the world keeps turning with the joys, the sorrows, and collective life goes on.

One may feel that Dec 21, 2012 is an emotional or spiritual destination; I, for one, do not see any reason that the world will not keep on turning. I think any transformation will be by personal choice alone.

I enjoyed your post.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Thank you OP for the topic (not the first and certainly not the last of it's kind) and the opportunity to share. I also read here on a very regular basis, but reserve my responses for the threads/topics that move me on some level!

Having said that, I could go on and on with the hardships I have experienced in this calendar year, they have been many: the final breakdown of my second marriage after 11 years, having to learn to live completely independant, a 14 year old who seems to be taking rebel steroids (seriously difficult, heart breaking and a whole new definition of stress), a fantastic promotion at work that turned around and bit me in the arse, a car that just yesterday I found out is going to be over $1300 to fix, and, and, and....!!!

The bottom line here is that while my whole life has actually had more hardships than I personally think is "fair", this past year has packed a wallop!! In answer to another poster's question; NO, I could never do evil, it is sincerely not in me, trust me I've tried lmao!! And while I have observed the same phenominan (sp) of those who seem to be the worst of the worst humanity has to offer simply skating through life seemingly as care free as a bird and passing judgement on all those in their path, I also see/feel a change coming. It is coming fast and hard!!

Yesterday (the day after the alignment over the pyramids just as a side note lol), I had an interesting experience at work. I had reason to speak to a woman who works in HR and she said, shockingly, "Well, the 21st is coming up quickly!" In response to the conversation we were having about a co~worker who seems to get away with perverbial murder. Then we proceeded to talk about that a little and I can't even explain how it felt to talk to someone so far removed from my personal life about a subject that means so much to me. Then, not even 2 hours later I was talking to the co~worker we were talking about and BOOM, she comes out with "Well the 21st will be here before you know it." And I said "Millie, you believe in the 12/21 hoopla?" And she answered with "Let's just say I'm not buying any Christmas presents till the 22nd!" Color me SHOCKED!!! I have worked in this store for more than 4 years and never, not one time, has this subject come up directly at all!! Then in one day, two instances of it being mentioned by two people who I would have never, ever thought saw much of anything outside their own small realities!

My 17 year old son also said something to me the other day that surprised me (he does believe whole heartedlly that the world will end and we're all going to die, don't know why because that is not what I believe), he said "Mom, have you noticed that you can know almost exactly what someone is going to say before they say it?" He claims this has been happening more and more to him over the past few weeks. Add to that everyone I know is having to charge their cell phones at least twice a day and their internet connections (phone and wifi) seem to go in and out. Also, we have antenna tv cuz we're poor like that haha, and the picture has begun freezing where before it would become pixelated and loose signal for a minute or so every once in awhile!

Something is happening and people who deny it are completely asleep, IMHO! I don't pretend to know what it is, far too many theories out there about the "what" it is and any one of them (ok, almost any) could be right or they could all be wrong..... guess we'll find out soon enough!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by hurdygurdy

I agree with your post. I've often felt that the world is shaped upon your thoughts and feelings so if you always think negatively then that is what will come your way. I personally hope that Dec 21 will bring good things and that we change our stupid, evil ways collectively. I have also learned a lot in these last few years and achieved some nice life goals - always room for more to achieve though!

P.S another coincidence for me driving home tonight when I was thinking about a song and then 20 mins later it came up on my ipod shuffle out of 5300 possible songs. Crazy times

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Oh don't I know it. I literally have zero friends this year. Not even a single person to share or talk with. Not even anybody to make small-talk about the weather with.

Wow, this is me to a "T" right now. Aside from my girlfriend, who to the OP in line with this discussion, decided to break up with me today, I as well have no friends that I can talk to

I am in the same boat as well though. I see crooked people living it up while the honest ones carry the cross. It hurts...oh my it hurts! The good-natured people are always cheated in some way.

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

I still believe in the golden rule--even though it hasn't really paid off for me. I still have to do what I believe to be right. If I crack up and start being a jerk, then there really isn't anything for me to gain from that. I will only be destroying myself in that process; everybody loses, everybody suffers. I think some people really just can't empathize. Some just don't have a conscience to feel another's pain and plight.

I sometimes feel that I am the epitome of the proverbial "nice guy".

Maybe that 'karma' doesn't even exist and won't pay off for us in any lifetime. Oh well. I can honestly say my heart will be alight at the time of my death.

I don't know why, but I am reminded of a line from Star Wars in which Luke asks: "Is the dark side stronger?" And Yoda answers: "No! Quicker, more seductive, but not stronger*." (*something like that. The quote isn't 100% verbatim.)

And that's how I view those cutthroat jerks living it up. They're taking the quick, seductive route in life. It takes a stronger, more courageous person to live by a code of honor and principles.

NarcolepticBuddha

That stronger, more courageous person is much more often than not admonished for living by that code of honor and principles. Does that really make that person stronger and more courageous? Or does it tend to make that stronger, more courageous person lean toward the ways of the "cutthroat jerks"? Genuine question here...I myself cannot/will not stoop to their level...

reply to post by chelsealad

In June of this year I had to close my business. Not making any money...no sense in wasting my time anymore.

In July, my best friend moved away...haven't heard from him since just a few days after that.

In August of this year, started seeing a most compatible girl (good thing)

Today, that most compatible girl broke up with me (bad thing)

These are my "strange" things

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4
That stronger, more courageous person is much more often than not admonished for living by that code of honor and principles. Does that really make that person stronger and more courageous? Or does it tend to make that stronger, more courageous person lean toward the ways of the "cutthroat jerks"? Genuine question here...I myself cannot/will not stoop to their level...

Of course we're put down for believing in what we believe! It's just a way for other people to justify their own less-than-chivalrous behavior. "We're all doing it! Just join the bandwagon!"

I am incapable of knowingly, willingly harming anyone. Oh, and believe me there have been times when I had good reason to do so. My family used to say I'm "too sensitive." I've been told to "grow thicker skin." I've been called all kinds of derogatory names and words everywhere I go for living according to my character.

I see it like this: if someone is going to tell me I'm too sensitive or that I need to toughen up, oughtn't they be able to soften up because they're too insensitive?

Holding a belief itself doesn't exactly make anyone stronger as a person, but it takes real strength of character to continue believing what you do despite all efforts to break your spirit.

I'm not sure I have sufficiently answered your question..or that I even fully understand it. I can imagine that good, honest people have been urged to do things they wouldn't normally do. I'm sure there are unusual circumstances that make people do nefarious things they wouldn't otherwise dream of doing. Or, it could just be that people who are criminal were always "cutthroat" to begin with and just found an outlet to channel that mindset and behavior; they may have always been the type to take advantage of others and thus have no qualms about doing so.

I can honestly say I've lived through some desperate times and never felt like hurting anybody except myself. But then again, I've never had hungry children to feed or anything like that. I can't say what I'd do and who I'd become during those desperate and unusual circumstances. If it ever happens, I'm sure I'd have a choice to make.

It's all a matter of choice, isn't it? I'd like to believe I'd sacrifice myself before hurting someone or making someone else suffer. I would not stoop down to a level of corruption, dishonesty, and malice just to benefit myself at the expense of others. That is a choice.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I am seeing 11:11 alot.

More so than ever actually. I typed it into the ATS search a few weeks back and it appears I am not alone.

Does anybody have an answer to this little mystery? I certainly did not invite this into my life.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheForced
I am seeing 11:11 alot.

Does anybody have an answer to this little mystery? I certainly did not invite this into my life.

..and please don't let anyone tell you that it is pareidolia or some other hogwash! "You see it because you wanted to see it!" Rubbish!

It is an intriguing phenomena that merits serious attention. I, too, have been seeing it for YEARS..before I ever was interested in paranormal or fringe topics etc. And just because this is a 12/21/12 thread, I believe 11:11 is supposed to be the height of the winter solstice or something (will go verify this after I post, because I really don't know the connection too well.)Edit: Okay, here is a source that wasn't all about Mayan, new-age, doomsday stuff: www.infoplease.com... Its header reads:

Dec. 21, 2012, 7:11 AM EST (11:11 UT), marks the solstice—the beginning of winter in the Northern Hemisphere and summer in the Southern Hemisphere

Now, I just need to figure out what UT, universal time, means haha.

I'm sorry that I do not have an answer. I believe it is a genuine mystery to all who experience it. Keep digging. There are plenty of great threads on it..some of which I personally have posted my opinions and experiences on.

There is a huge naysayer crowd concerning 11:11, be prepared for that. But ultimately, I believe it is kind of a cosmic post-it note reminder that we stumble upon sometimes. Whenever I see it I kind of have a lingering feeling like, "Oh, what was I supposed to do? Did I forget something?"

It seems to crop up during auspicious times as well. Take note of events going on during that day or time of your life when you are seeing it. Also take note of how it affects you and what your feelings are at the time you see it. You may start to notice patterns such as "I only see 11:11 when I'm upset/excited" etc.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join