It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we really in December?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Idk if this is the right section, move it if so.
(this post isn't made for stars or flags....it's just to take note on the weird climate)

I live in New Jersey...... today is an average December day.... but guess what? I'm sweating. I saw some other guy with sweat running down his face.

I never remember having these temperatures in December... though i am still young, maybe these are just rare occurrences..... or maybe something that will be common now due to climate change.

I saw that it was 64 degrees Fahrenheit here. I even felt like going to the beach (too bad Sandy destroyed the shore line).

I just wanted to share this. Anyone can tell me if it's something that happened before?
Im going to do research on yearly temperatures once i get home

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
December just west of Toronto. I sent my daughter to school in a light rain jacket. I did my errands this afternoon in a light sweater. It was like this last year too.

However, we did have about 4 inches of snow fall on the weekend. It is all gone now of course.

Weird. It seems like winter doesn't start until after Christmas now.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We were near 60 degrees up here in NH yesterday and in the 50s next couple days.

I'll take it, no complaints. We are in a solar cycle, going to be a mild Winter.
It is warmer this cycle than others in the past I remember, I'm trying to enjoy the warmth.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure there has been temperatures like this before. I don't have any records to prove that but just saying.

It's 70 degrees (almost 4:00 pm) right now in north western Virginia. Very comfortable weather. Little odd for the 4th of December but...I'll take it.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Temperature fluctuating in the UK. It is still early winter, the temperature can drop a lot in a matter of days.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
We always have some warmer and some colder days than the norm. However it's never near the hot or cold historical records for that day.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well, here in Mid-MI, we set a record last night.
72 at midnight.
And of course, it has been dropping since then. Suppose to be down to 46 this evening.

I'm really hoping for a mild winter. Who can afford fuel oil??

edit on 4-12-2012 by chiefsmom because: afterthought

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Loving it here in IA. I took the day off yesterday to finish up some needed yard work. I remember in 2006 I moved into my house Dec 29th and it was in the 50's then as well. Moved in sweat shirt and had no snow on the ground. The longer we go the faster winter goes

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Over a foot of snow on the ground where I am in Saskatchewan..alternating between foggy days and freezing snow/snowing days.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
In Austin Tx, we are setting records still.
Gonna be 80+ degrees again today.
We received zero rain in a normal rainy November.
First time that's happened since 1860's I believe.

When you live where 105 degrees is normal in August.
This December weather doesn't bode well for Sumner 2013.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Upper MidWest here, yesterday was 70, and today I had my window open all day. Not as 'hot', but nearly, and very sunny too, despite a lot of "persistent contrails" (right..).

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I wore shorts and a tank top putting up my Christmas Lights in Texas...

Maybe the end of the world is we are going to BAKE!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Northeast Oklahoma and was 75 yesterday and 70 today. My son was born November last year and it was in the 40's. I remember that distinctly, and this is the hottest it's been around here this time of year. Weird indeed

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
December here in south Sweden = Lots of snow.

Looking outside my window....yep, it is alot of snow.
edit on 4-12-2012 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-12-2012 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

This December weather doesn't bode well for Sumner 2013.

I keep thinking that, too. I lived through the infamous killer heatwave this past summer, with (luckily) my AC, and even still, it was brutal. The drought burned up Monsantos corn though!

But I will wait and see (with AC at the ready!)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

Maybe this thread can help you to find some answers to your questions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And somewhere around these boards you might find more answers to what you need to know.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

I'm a mile high in the Rockies. Ski season usually starts during the Thanksgiving holidays. This year no snow and mid 70s today. Weather patterns have changed, the Gulf Stream and ocean currents are all out of whack and this will have global implications. Probably extended droughts, massive crop failures, forest and grassland fires and famine.

Currently the sky is completely cloudy from all the chemtrails that I believe to be weather modification. It's not nice to **** with Mother Nature!

Time to party while we still can.

edit on 4-12-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

It has ALWAYS been like that. Winter starts December 21...
Climate here in Italy is exactly What we would expect for December...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Ski centres in Scotland opened this past weekend:

www.bbc.co.uk...

In fact, there was a good 50cm of snow high up on the mountains back in late October/early November. The rest of the UK is either wet or disappointingly warm - about 2 or 3 degrees C tomorrow. Though I am getting that from the Met Office, so I should probably expect something worse.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Could be worse,

Morristown, NJ
Record High 73 °F (12/4/1998)
Record Low 6 °F (12/4/1976)

Ocean City, NJ
Record High 75 °F (12/4/1998)
Record Low 2 °F (12/4/1940)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join