It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assad’s chemical weapons units head out of Damascus toward Aleppo

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Let's see he has seen what happened to all the leaders of countries during this "Arab" spring. Do you really think he gives a rats behind on what would happen if he used the weapons? His fate has been sealed already. Now it's how he wants to go out, with a fight or drug through the streets behind a Toyota.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by moderateAmerican
Let's see he has seen what happened to all the leaders of countries during this "Arab" spring. Do you really think he gives a rats behind on what would happen if he used the weapons? His fate has been sealed already. Now it's how he wants to go out, with a fight or drug through the streets behind a Toyota.

He may as well just hand himself into to the ICC before he gets killed.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nostromo85

As NATO in Brussels gave the go-ahead Tuesday night, Dec. 4, for the deployment of Patriot surface-to-air missiles to protect Turkey against Syrian missiles, DEBKAfile’s military and intelligence sources reported that convoys of the Syrian army’s chemical weapons units headed out of Damascus under cover of dark and turned north up the road to Aleppo. Their destination is not yet known.

source

If this is true, UH-OH!

That explains the aircraft carrier on the shore of Syria.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono
He may as well just hand himself into to the ICC before he gets killed.

George Bush and Tony Blair didn't and they are still alive... I think the same will apply to Assad.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by theghoster
I'm curious, did Assad (or his Generals) order this move after the U.S. warning or before? Because if he ordered this after the U.S. explicitly warned him that we would commence military action, I truly have to question either the sanity of Assad, the sanity of his military leadership, or the report itself. I don't quite understand why Assad would make such a risky move, knowing what it would portend. I know he is a dictator, but he can't possibly be this out of touch with reality--can he? Then again, he could just just be moving them around to get them out of sight, but still...where does he think he's going to hide them? The decision that world leaders make these days just continue to puzzle me.

-The Ghoster
edit on 5-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

Assad just does not fear what Obama is saying. When you watch what Obama said, it is full of trepidation, uncertainty, uneasiness, it just does not come off as fact or threatening.

When GW Bush said he was going to kick your arse, he meant it and people knew he was serious about it, this is just not the case with the Obama regime.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by nostromo85

There is nothing more vile than chemical weapons. War is stupid enough, but to torture, then kill your enemy is inhuman. Anyone who understands how these work and the kind of sick disgusting ways you will die, knows that no person with a shred of humanity in them, could ever use such a horrid weapon. Those who use them should be tried for war crimes and the act of using them should be outlawed worldwide. Yea, I have an opinion about it.

Yes there is. It is called Bio weapon. Which US only test on their own people so far.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join