It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Doom and Death...What if it's real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
My Premise:

I've had this little idea floating around for awhile now. The Maya and for the record here, a number of other cultures as well, see this period of time as being special and important to world changes. Some interpret that as an end to all things. Others see it as the lead-in to the Christian end times and Rapture. Still others look to the Islamic belief system of end times and the 12th Imam material the West has had reported many a time now.

Well, in looking at this to present my thoughts, it's first important to clarify this part. I see absolutely nothing..nothing..nothing..this could be but Space based. Asteroid? Comet? Nibiru? Perhaps even cycles of the Sun, Solar System or Galaxy that are too vast in time scale for our people to have even detected in the very VERY short period modern man has had technology to do it with.

Whatever the cause.....predictions over thousands of years cannot accurately pertain to Earth based events, Quakes, Tsunami's or human stupidity can forever alter too may factors for anything to remain predictable with this focus to a time frame.

My Mystery and Problem

......So brings me to presenting one possible idea that's really been chewing at my thoughts. What if....they were aware of a major heavenly body from Asteroid to Comet to Planetoid which does make it's pass through our neighborhood every 5,125 years or however it works out to the longer cycles implied with the dates. What if, this is 100% real, very well known to deep past civilizations and the effects have been what we've seen in history to call the Flood or the Extinction events of past periods? (The Dinosaurs not among them...many smaller 'major' events are clear in the historic record, too.)

I guess that means we have 16 days to live!

Not so fast though...

I still have finals to sit for next week and final term projects due this time tomorrow. I'm doing all that and clearing my finals by hard work. Hard work that would be beyond pointless and comically absurd if I honestly, in my heart, believed that about the 21st. This would be a time to eat, drink, be merry while generally hitting every point on the bucket list.....not stay up long nights killing myself on college work.

The Bottom Line

So, lets consider one possibility. Consider that this WAS real but thousands of years is a LONG LONG time. Even in deep space and interstellar voids an object would be crossing in this example. A very very long time. It's a busy place out there, as we're finding. What if.....the object meant to knock us back into stone age life simply got 'cue balled' by another object hitting it over these many thousands of years?? (Doom and Destruction off the right bank to the corner pocket in 2!)

Our 'object of doom and death' could be hitting a planet in some other galaxy that never even knew it was up for the whammy....all because OUR little world killer got knocked off course. I mean, this COULD all be real in the sense it WAS SUPPOSED to happen...but chaos is a wild thing in the most literal sense. Anything can happen. Look at Elenin. Perhaps our world killer, if one ever existed, came too close to it's star on the OTHER end of the loop back to smash us..and got fried extra crispy like Elenin did?

^^^ it's food for though and it's as possible as anything. We may all live past the 21st by nothing more than happenstance and the quirks of a chaotic cosmos. Now THAT is a humbling thing to consider, yes?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My though of this 2012 is this ,
we have become tec dependent , that is too say every thing we own and use is is based on the chip.
What if 21 21 2012 is the end of the tec driven chip world, this would be the of the world as we know it. Does this mean we go back to the horse and buggy days?
No it just means we go back to low tec days no more chips , not till we find out why the chip failed , could it be a emp flair from the sun or a space wave from the milky way or some other form of wave that made the chip fail.
Just one take on what would be the end of days as we know it. and yes this does mean no more web/ net, email, smartphone, fax, tone dial phone, and anything else that has a chip to make it work.
Here is thought, name one thing that does not have a chip in it now that make this world the world we know ... can you?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
about the subject of doom....Just who employed Graham Hancock to change his position from 12/21 disaster to "Change of Consciousness"

and yeah, who can say for sure, good twist, and good luck on the finals exams!!!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Interesting theory. If you do go by all the various predictions that the world was going end on the 21st then I think you would go crazy with fear rather than "hit the bucket list". However, I understand completely, well almost, what you are trying to say. If life had carried on the course that was predicted thousands of years ago, then we could well be in for an end of the world disaster but there have been far too many variables happen since the original "prediction" for it to be anyway accurate.

Like your thinking mate.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If we are entering a new age of man. Then the earth gets cleansed by a dragon. I do wonder about the comet that is set to come next year. 28th november 2013. It has been called a once in a civilisation type event. It might be brighter than the moon in the sky. The dragon is meant to wrap its tail around the earth and three days of darkness are to follow. Time will tell. I dont know whats going to happen, but I do trust the universe to look after me and give me what I need to learn in this life...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Just get here already please so I don't have to keep checking up on these useless 2012 threads that seems to be posted every hour or so. What's worse is that it will only get worse as the day draws near. Fear nothing my Brothers and Sisters. Death or not, won't be the end of us.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have some trouble with "what if?" scenarios because you can plug literally anything in them. And when you plug in a scenario that you have no way to prove one way or another, with no data at all to back up the scenario, well, then, you're just playing. Not that all "what if>" scenartios are useless. They surely are not. If you're 'war gaming' (I use the term loosely), you WANT to be prepared for any contingency that crops up, so playing "waht if?" makes sense, even in terms of using extensive resources to play it out.

To the narrower question of what if it's all true and here comes the Bad Guy asteroid, I say, meh? Then most of us will die and a few will likely linger on and start over. There's not a damn thing we can do about it. If it's true than I won't have to pay my mortgage for January or return my overdue library books and pay a $2.00 fine.

Win-win!

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
nothing will happen on 2012....
hehe

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Can't do anything about it so don't let it worry you. Worry about what we can do something about. I have no regrets, I learned from my mistakes, I treat others as I would want to be treated. I help those who need help, not ones who want help without need. So if the world ends on the 21st, I guess I'm prepared for that also. Spend quality time with the ones you love, that should be done anyway even if the world doesn't end. Remember this also that point of view is used to judge the end of the world. If you die your world ends, it doesn't make any difference because everyone in your reality is gone also. I would rather die than to get severe alzheimers where my memories are all gone.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I tend to think the world isn't ending this year on a timetable because that would conveniently meet expectations.

Life just isn't ever convenient enough to allow people to book time off work to be in their home made bunker for the apocalypse.

The world will end without warning some random day when you are stuck in a Motel 200 miles from home with a half tank of gas, or you are at the dentist.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

edit on 4-12-2012 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

At this point, I honestly don't worry. Oh, there have been moments and strings of many moments together over the past year or two where worry has been given some time to fester. However, what would the point be now? It's so close to that date and we've been IN the overall time frame now for at least 60 days to my thinking..so, you're right. Nothing to do now but wait and see.

Part of what has made me wonder along the lines of the OP point though is that hey, the date IS about here. The time is almost upon us..and guess what is NOT in evidence? The only thing that could touch Earth in less than a month and NOT have been seen clear as day quite some time ago would be energy of some form. Gravity? Radiation? whatever...and if that were the case, just what could detect what hasn't arrived yet? No reason to worry there and I'll bet..if that existed...it would be like most of what we can see in the Universe. Of such titanic and colossal scales of power compared to us, we'll be like the poor schmuck in a sniper alley. Never even know it hit.

Basically, I look out to the cosmos where such threats should, logically, be coming from and .....nothing. It's empty. Space-weather doesn't even show any interesting debris coming within many moons distance for a long time into the future.

So I can't help but think of other possibilities...Like maybe there should have been something there, but we'll never know either way because events impossibly long distances from our planet may have changed it all a thousand year ago.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
IF the world is going to end i actually dont mind at all. And i really mean that. Ive led a very interesting and fulfilling life and i see no reason to stress about something that i have zero control over anyway. Ive experienced excruciating physical pain from various events in my life sometimes lasting for many months. And i dealt with it accordingly, so the thought of some sort of cataclysmic event that may take my life in an instant or minutes actually doesn't concern me at all.

And dec 21 2012 lands on a friday. For some reason that gives me a measure of comfort lol

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If it's real then I think Lord Kril said it best.

Anyway, If there is an extinction level event it may be like the old nuke scare, the living will envy the dead. I think it originally has to do with Revelation 9:6 but the quote seems attributed to Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev although there seems to be some dispute.

I plan on a box of cheap wine, a few smokes and watch Anime and movies.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Nice Wrabbit. A very interesting scenario, and who knows, maybe you tapped into the collective, and found out what really happens.

I'm one of those who believes our ancestors were not dumb. In fact, I think they were smarter than we are in many ways. The fact that multiple cultures refer to this time as noteworthy, says to me, the number of witnesses makes it worth paying attention to. But with curiosity, and an open mind. Not with dread.

What actually happens doesn't have to be doom and gloom, or even exactly what they said would happen. Even they were capable of having their heads clouded by their belief system. I personally believe they were probably right to the degree that this is a special time.

But lets not put it in a box and label it. Lets look at it through the eyes wonder and curiosity, and see what happens. I'm not diminishing the possibilities of bad things happening. But if that's all we ever scrutinize, we miss what's often right in front of our face.

S&F.
edit on 12/4/2012 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

You know, you make a fascinating point and raise a whole new dimension to this I honestly haven't thought of that way before. Bad vs. Good for how ancients would have interpreted it vs. how modern man might consider the same outcome.

You know what popped into my head while reading your post? The Maya and some others who note this general period were brutal in some ways as a culture. In other ways, nothing short of barbaric .....by modern standards..... would describe it. Human Sacrifice and the like, being common and core to the belief system. This isn't judgmental because no human today can begin to judge others thousands of years apart and with no clue what factors caused things to be how they were.

However..this is what struck me and perhaps a big nod toward the 'Eternal Optimist Club' around here..
it's nice to think positive occasionally! What if the major changes are in what some have suggested for spiritual? Ascension for lack of a better word...although I dislike that one personally. Too...Regal. lol...Anyway, to a leader of a culture like the Maya of ancient times or the Sumerians or Phoenicians and others....a huge shift away from empire managed society and clear away from war WOULD be viewed as disastrous and bad to the extreme. To a culture who, history suggests, prized warrior virtue above much else, it would be like the end of things.

Just a wild thought your note made me consider and heck.....these next two weeks or so are the time for wild theories. Time is too short for them to run long and all gets answered within a Calendar page. So, why not theorize, right?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

When I die, all you guys will cease to exist. That's how the ball bounces in my world.

top topics

join