An Apology from Canada to Palestine and the Rest of the World

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Showers of stars CE. Wish I could state what you have as eloquently about my country, the USA.

I too wonder about this seeming blind obedience in defense of Israel. I have some viewpoint about that. It has to do with religious upbringing. At least in my family we all were "church raised" if you will. Sunday was church day, religiously speaking.

We were always taught about poor little Israel, Gods chosen people, the persecution over the ages. The western Bible and sermons on the subject are rife with stories about the Jews and the Promised Land...

In school we were taught about the Jewish Holocaust...

And daily in the news it is all about the "defense of the Holy Land against the Terrorists". We are propagandized all our lives to believe in defending Israel, regardless of the cost. It is at the core of our being, our belief in our God and our salvation.

How can we go against all that?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
I am Canadian, and this propagandist, employee of CSIS, does not speak for me..or Canada. Canadian politicians speak for Canada.

As for the issue of "splitting the west bank". Here's a big massive picture. The nonsense that connecting Jerusalem to Ma'al Adumim via E1 is an exaggeration. It still leaves an enormous eastern portion open.

big massive picture

Fact is, Palestine broke international law i.e. international treaties, by going to the UN i.e by acting indirectly. They ignored Israel's warning, and so, by acting otherwise they've decided to accept the consequences.
edit on 4-12-2012 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

Please explain how they broke international law by putting in a bid to have observer status at the UN?
Also, you have a flawed version of how Canada should be.
The politicians speak for the Canadian public, not for Canada. They are public servants elected by us to represent us. When they fail to do that, they are unsuccessful in re-elections. The only reason Harper got in was because the opposition was cowardly.
He does not represent me or my ideals. How I was raised, how I viewed Canada. How my grandparents viewed Canada when they moved here after the War. Canada was, and should be, the North American Switzerland. We are known to be polite, fierce when we need to be, and to bring about the peace. Harper has proven to me that this is not his idea of Canada.

+18 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I bet if you had hamas living next door to you that you might think a little differently. When theyd fire hundreds of rockets into civillian areas of canada. When theys strap bombs onto the children and send them to your front door and when they threaton to wipe every canadian off the map at what ever cost im sure you would have a different perspective. When there women have no rights whatsover and they are condemned as being labelled by countries like britain and australia as terrorists would you want them sitting at the peace table? They supply no bomb shelters to there own people and use them as human sheilds. Thats why there are so many palestinian casualties. Have you seen any pictures of these hamas angels you speak of. They look as scary as hell and mate if you want to take sides i take the technologically advanced, peaceful and intelligent people of israel over a brainwashed group of terrorists. There is no peace while hamas exists. Never will be. The palestinans will never be free while hamas is in their control. You dont get a fee pass once you decide you want to wipe a race off the map. You get wiped off it yourself.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Canadians need to stay focused on drinking beer and playing hockey not the middle east.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It seems we're all on the same page concerning our very non-Canadian harper government.

I just wanted to comment on that one reply suggesting that the UN vote was rigged in order to perpetuate certain world events, perhaps to destroy religion, and that the UN is NWO ...

As much as I would like to say this appears to be more fear mongering by conservatives, known to be unfavourable of the United Nations, the notion should be kept in mind - manipulation of world events to gain certain outcome.

In light of that consideration, I think we, (true) Canadians should be promoting and supporting a two state solution with a religious mediation/arbitration process presided over by leaders in world religion and politics. I may think of another innovative solution later. However in any event, Canada should not be supporting israel and their new settlement. This is just inciting conflict.

Another thing I wanted to comment on is that we also shouldn't be forming this sweeping generalization that palestine is completely innocent, as some people have mentioned there are individuals (hamas) who need to be brought to justice. However we have to consider israel has incited this kind of response historically. These are the kinds of things that need to be mentioned in a UN tribunal , or some sort of mediation/arbitration process.

We should be proposing solutions, like for example - if palestine arrests all its war criminals, israel wont build a new settlement, etc.

Although corruption exposed hasn't returned, my offer still stands concerning the campaign. Anyone who wants to take some action feel free to contact me. I'm probably going to do this myself sooner or later anyways. Being where I am (Ottawa) I'm within arms reach of parliament and all of our politicians. I'm just one of those people who likes to send letters and suggestions to our politicians as well
edit on 5-12-2012 by DivineEvolution because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Just guessing here, but the international law that he might be referring to are the Oslo Accords from 1993. Here's part of them.

2.Permanent status negotiations will commence as soon as possible, but not later than the beginning of the third year of the interim period, between the Government of Israel and the Palestinian people representatives.
It's Israel's position, I believe, that Palestine is doing an end run around the Accords and going to the UN instead of the negotiations it agreed to.
edit on 5-12-2012 by charles1952 because: double word

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

OP you are completely right to point out that Canada is Israel's Bit&ch

In fact the whole western world is a slave to Zionist Private Central Banks

Federal Reserve with all the Zionist Jews, Timothy Geithner, Ben Shalom Bernanke, Allan Greenspan and so on.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Quiet Canada, unassuming gentle neighbor to the north??? ...Who'd a thought?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Pick whom you are going to support ..... Israel or Palestinians.
Those who DO NOT support Israel will perish (See the Book of Revelations) !

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Showers of stars CE. Wish I could state what you have as eloquently about my country, the USA.

I too wonder about this seeming blind obedience in defense of Israel. I have some viewpoint about that. It has to do with religious upbringing. At least in my family we all were "church raised" if you will. Sunday was church day, religiously speaking.

We were always taught about poor little Israel, Gods chosen people, the persecution over the ages. The western Bible and sermons on the subject are rife with stories about the Jews and the Promised Land...

In school we were taught about the Jewish Holocaust...

And daily in the news it is all about the "defense of the Holy Land against the Terrorists". We are propagandized all our lives to believe in defending Israel, regardless of the cost. It is at the core of our being, our belief in our God and our salvation.

How can we go against all that?

Perhaps you need to move out of the UsA and go live in Syria where you can support the Palestinian cause.
Don't cry out that you're an American when things go sour while you're there. We will not care ! You made your bed, now go sleep in it !

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

hmm I though Canada was a democracy? so doesn't it mean most Canadians agree with him? so why do you write "An Apology from Canada"? write "An Apology from a Canadian citizen"
all the rational countries voted against recognizing the Palestinian state because it would mean that a 2 state solution can be done without a peace agreement. basically all the countries that voted for this actually said that they want a Palestinian state, not peace.
also Iran is an Islamic state that puts their ideology before any rational thought. therefore they are much more dangerous then Israel. an Iran with a nuclear weapon is dangerous to you too.
"Zionist puppet"? how about we just say you are a "Palestinian puppet"?
"apartheid ways"? well go visit Iran, Syria, Jordan, the west bank, Gaza, and all the Islamic Arab countries, then visit Israel. see for yourself who have the same moral values as any rational human being should have.
what the UN voting did is just declaring that it doesn't want peace, it wants to create another Islamic terror country, like the Iran you love so much.

+14 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

You don't speak for all Canadians. The government said it wont provide aid until a peace treaty is in place. Sounds pretty reasonable to me.
Hama's had the funds to buy and smuggle 10,000 rockets and other weapons into Gaza, why do they need 300Million a year in from Canada for food and medical supplies? How can we be sure some of that 300million wasn't spent on weapons?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by lizardman
I bet if you had hamas living next door to you that you might think a little differently. When theyd fire hundreds of rockets into civillian areas of canada. When theys strap bombs onto the children and send them to your front door and when they threaton to wipe every canadian off the map at what ever cost im sure you would have a different perspective. When there women have no rights whatsover and they are condemned as being labelled by countries like britain and australia as terrorists would you want them sitting at the peace table? They supply no bomb shelters to there own people and use them as human sheilds. Thats why there are so many palestinian casualties. Have you seen any pictures of these hamas angels you speak of. They look as scary as hell and mate if you want to take sides i take the technologically advanced, peaceful and intelligent people of israel over a brainwashed group of terrorists. There is no peace while hamas exists. Never will be. The palestinans will never be free while hamas is in their control. You dont get a fee pass once you decide you want to wipe a race off the map. You get wiped off it yourself.

you can safely ignore any opinion of britain and australia as to who are terrorists as they are both zionista puppets.
an entity like the democratically elected hamas, arose because the psychopathic animals next door were treating the palestinians harshly. the israelis created hamas.
any reasonably aware person knows the excessive palestinian casualties are the result of murderous use of excessive force with superior armaments., mostly made or funded by the 3 billion dollar annual foreign aid from the US.
israelis are brainwashed from kindergartren that jews are a superior race and that arabs are the equal of cattle.
true intelligence arises from spiritual evolution, obviously an impossible feat for most, but not all, israelis.
i agree, there will never be peace, because the zionists do not include that rare commodity in their agenda.
if you are true in your assertion that if you want to wipe a race from the earth, then the initiator will be wiped off instead; you should be careful who you associate with as the israelis/zionists are full steam ahead with their genocidal actions against the palestinians and have been for decades.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
star and flag to OP.
i'm disgusted with australia's vote too, they abstained due to their total lack of backbone. they answer to the same bosses.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
If anyone properly understood the history of Israel, I don't see how they could blindly support the Israelis.

After WW2, the Palestinians were forced to leave the land they'd lived on for several centuries.

Imagine that you were living there then...You had a house, land, a family... a life, and suddenly you were asked to abandon your home and move to a "camp" to make way for the Jews.

And for what reason?

Because the bible said where you are living actually belonged to someone else in "another time" and they wanted it back.

Really?

This scenario is okay with you?

That entire families were moved to camps? They handed over the keys to their homes and were just supposed to go willingly into that dark night?

There were other places to pick for the Jews new home---other places were considered.

If someone came to my house tomorrow and demanded that I leave and go live in some camp somewhere, you can bet I'd be bitter.

I don't understand how anyone can think this is okay.
edit on 5-12-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-12-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I see all the blind Israeli apologist have creep out of the woodwork in the last couple pf pages, and most attacking the OP for his opinion.

What most of you apologists are not getting is, it's not that we hate Israel it's we don't like the far right wing government in power in Israel, they are aggressive fascists, and no one here supports crazy Hamas either, as they are just as bad as Israel's Slime Minister 'Belligerent Bibi' Nuttyahoo, both parties are lunatics, and all the while normal people from Palestine and Israel are suffering because of these far right parties.

This is why the UK and Australia abstained, it's getting ridiculous and very clear neither want peace.

End of the day, Canada blind support for this far right likud party is embarrassing considering Canada passive past.

The whole world has spoken but Canada & America think the rest of the world is wrong to use a diplomatic route to peace, even America has suddenly realised Israel getting to be embarrassing burden, when you have hillary clinton basically telling Israel to stop acting childish.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I certainly sympathize with the OP's point of view. Unfortunately, Canada is to a large degree in the grip of the same malaise that has a hold on much of the rest of the developed world. That "illness" is corporatism.

People who are elected to represent all Canadians have come to believe that they do so by representing special corporate interests. There are obvious conflicts inherent in this position, but a liberal application of money, the universal solvent in the material world, sweeps these conflicts into the backround where, it is hoped by many, the electorate will not find them.

The fundamental problem in politics, from the corporatist perspective, is how to remove the electorate from the "power train" of the country.

In other words, how to move to full fascism.

Anyone who is able to bring together a small amount of intelligence with a small amount of attention to the behavior of our leaders will note that the problem of the electorate has been handled in numerous, sometimes very humorous ways by those feckless scamps we elect.

Quebec Liberal leader, Robert Bourassa, used to pride himself on his uncanny ability to spend twenty minutes in a press scrum and communicate absolutely nothing. He used to chuckle about it with his staff. That's obfuscation.

Paul Martin, on the other hand and at the other extreme, the Liberal Prime Minister before Steven Harper, actually signed the Security and Prosperity Partnership with the US and Mexico, without bothering to consult Parliament. That's imperial unilateralism, to coin a phrase.

That's the backround.

If cognitive dissonance is the defining characteristic of the American people and if you want to be friends with them, you have to accept their "fun house mirror" view of the world. If the trend is to remove the electorate from the "power train" anyway, it is all the more easy to "play American" in international affairs.

That is what is really going on.

If Israel were at the southern tip of Argentina and were being attacked by the Chileans, nobody, including Canada, would give a flying fadoo. Israel's location, near crucial strategic resources, and it's hostile relationship with its neighbors make it an ideal extension of US foreign policy in the middle east. It is a useful tool. If it didn't exist, it would have to be invented.

In fact, at one time it didn't exist . . . and it was invented.

America and Canada are being manipulated into supporting Israel, the way it would take tremendous arm twisting to get me into bed with Charlize Theron. I don't want to do it! No! No! Uh. . . OK, I'll do it, but only because I am being forced into it.

Charlize winds up looking like a slut and I look like someone easily duped.

Maybe the corporatists are right. Maybe the electorate is too dumb to be involved in important decisions.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Only three major countries voted against - USA, Czech Republic and Canada. It takes a lot of courage these days not to side with the suicide-bombing maniacs we so warmly embrace as "friends" in this multicultural liberal utopia where people cant tell right from wrong anymore. Only three Governments left that can tell right from wrong folks!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

While I find Mr. Harper and his Alberta Conservative ilk to be thoroughly repugnant, and disagree with him on most issues, support for the nation of Israel isn't one of them.
reply to post by Monger

This has got to be a joke, surely.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   

You're CANADIAN?

I never would have guessed. Your pro-Iranian posting always led me to believe you are a native of Iran.

So what party in Canada did you vote for, if I may ask?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join